PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Talks FCS football AGAIN...

Lehigh Football Nation
May 15th, 2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=bill-clinton-talks-grizzly-football-whil&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

The morning after Sen. Hillary Clinton clobbered Sen. Barack Obama in the West Virginia primary by 41 percentage points, her husband, former President Bill Clinton, came to the University of Montana in Missoula to make his case for her candidacy, despite what many political pundits and elected officials say is an insurmountable Obama lead in delegates, the popular vote and now superdelegates.

Mr. Clinton likened Hillary’s campaign to the 1995 University of Montana Grizzlies football team that came back in the fourth quarter against Marshall to win the Division I-AA national championship – a game played in West Virginia. “No Democrat has one the White House without West Virginia since 1916,” he said.

Is he fishing for votes from the FCS community? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

citdog
May 15th, 2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=bill-clinton-talks-grizzly-football-whil&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Is he fishing for votes from the FCS community? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

no, he's trolling for pussy

HighRyder08
May 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
haha now thats funny

SideLine Shooter
May 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=citdog;949460]no, he's trolling for pussy[/QUOT

You got Willie pegged.....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

appfan2008
May 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
what a creep... he knows nothing about fcs football... he is just yapping it up for votes bc that is what he was told to do

SideLine Shooter
May 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM

for him and his cigar...xlolx xlolx xlolx

CopperCat
May 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM

He won't find it in Fizzoula.xrolleyesx

Like Bill knows anything about UM football.......what a tool.

Appaholic
May 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=citdog;949460]no, he's trolling for pussy[/QUOT

You got Willie pegged.....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yeah, but does Hillary.......xwhistlex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Doggy_style_pegging.png

Dane96
May 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
How do you know he knows nothing about football? He may, or may not, but the man is A HUGE SPORTS FAN...HUGE!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm not a big fan of the Clinton's but just so you all know he may not be completely disingenuous when using the 1995 team as his analogy tool. He called Dave Dickenson at the field house on the Sunday night after that game at a welcome home party with a packed house in the basketball arena and told him that he thought he had a terrific performance in the game and discussed the third and 8 play to get us into field goal position and said that he had watched the game. I don't know if he watched it or not but he did take the time to call up congratulate DD and the team on a Sunday night after the game.

Appaholic
May 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hey.....Peg wants to know what happened to some of the posts......xconfusedx

Smendy
May 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Those are silly, useless comments from slick Willy xnonox

CSUBUCDAD
May 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I think he was comparing his wife to a bearxeyebrowx

DuckDuckGriz
May 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
What's wrong with appeasing to the hometown crowd instead of using a completely and universally recycled speech xconfusedx

Did I miss something or is this uncommon now?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
What's wrong with appeasing to the hometown crowd instead of using a completely and universally recycled speech xconfusedx

Did I miss something or is this uncommon now?

Nothing - it just seems weird that a former US President is dropping FCS-bombs in his speeches for (what seems to me) to get his political speeches up on the CSN Log. xlolx xlolx xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
May 15th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Nothing - it just seems weird that a former US President is dropping FCS-bombs in his speeches for (what seems to me) to get his political speeches up on the CSN Log. xlolx xlolx xlolx

You guys also missed the point that if Hillary got in she would mandate that 35% of the posts on AGS contain a photograph taken in our around Washington-Grizzly Stadium. xcoffeex

And that's what swung my vote in the primary.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
You guys also missed the point that if Hillary got in she would mandate that 35% of the posts on AGS contain a photograph taken in our around Washington-Grizzly Stadium. xcoffeex

And that's what swung my vote in the primary.

Ah, yes. "Griz-Collar Jobs", she called them.. xlolx xlolx xlolx

hebmskebm
May 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'm suprised he didn't go after those "elites" in the Ivy League who think they're too good to participate in the playoffs with those hard-working, blue collar state school teams.

bandl
May 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I think he was comparing his wife to a bearxeyebrowx

Post of the day right there! xlolx xlolx

Reps

downbythebeach
May 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
When he was in Ohio I heard him say that Pete's Poll isn't really a poll because its only made by one person.

DFW HOYA
May 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM

When he starts recalling those Georgetown-Seton Hall football games of his college years, then you know he's working the log...

Grizaholic17
May 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM
what a creep... he knows nothing about fcs football... he is just yapping it up for votes bc that is what he was told to do

that's what any president or candidate does. dumby. I don't think you think too highly of Bill, but he's the last president we're ever going to see that gave this country a surplus. Bye bye money...hello huge deficits! We're just too scared to pay taxes. xnonox

TwinTownBisonFan
May 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm suprised he didn't go after those "elites" in the Ivy League who think they're too good to participate in the playoffs with those hard-working, blue collar state school teams.

They're Obama supporters... to the person.

As for Clinton... the guy is a savant... he probably did watch the 95 championship game on one of 5 tvs in his office. they guy has been known to be engaged in 5 conversations and watch tv at the same time... he's a natural. i'm also pretty sure he keyed in on the 3rd and 8 play, the guy knows sports.

here's something i dont understand though... as a guy working in politics... when a pol gives a speech, and makes a local reference like that it's panned as "disingenuous" but if they deliver the generic stump it's "they dont even know where they are"... it's really frustrating. long and short of it in our line of work... it's like a rock band saying "NOBODY ROCKS LIKE SPRINGFIELD!"... it's a cheap pop from the crowd... but if it wasn't done... people would be disappointed.

BEAR
May 16th, 2008, 10:48 PM
From an Arkansan who lived through the Clinton years...trust me, he knows all about football. Arkansas is covered in DII teams (so he probably kept tabs on FCS also) and the so-called flagship team hasn't had a winning record against decent teams since they entered the SEC (heck, they were owned by Texas for years in the SWC). Yeah a win every now and then, but even a cow tick gets lucky when the hound dog falls asleep..

Yeah, he knows football...gotta watch something while the intern...xasswhipx xlolx

Purple Pride
May 16th, 2008, 10:56 PM
From an Arkansan who lived through the Clinton years...trust me, he knows all about football. Arkansas is covered in DII teams (so he probably kept tabs on FCS also) and the so-called flagship team hasn't had a winning record against decent teams since they entered the SEC (heck, they were owned by Texas for years in the SWC). Yeah a win every now and then, but even a cow tick gets lucky when the hound dog falls asleep..

Yeah, he knows football...gotta watch something while the intern...xasswhipx xlolx
Come on now...Bill Clinton was a xsmoochx horn-blower in the band.

He doesn't know a d@mn thing about football.......Hell, he didn't even know how to inhale.

He is, however, a world-class "beer-on-the-head" balancer.

already123
May 16th, 2008, 10:56 PM
funny

SoCon48
May 17th, 2008, 11:12 AM

He got Monica a job blowing up balls.xeyebrowx

FormerPokeCenter
May 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM
They're Obama supporters... to the person.

As for Clinton... the guy is a savant... he probably did watch the 95 championship game on one of 5 tvs in his office. they guy has been known to be engaged in 5 conversations and watch tv at the same time... he's a natural. i'm also pretty sure he keyed in on the 3rd and 8 play, the guy knows sports.

here's something i dont understand though... as a guy working in politics... when a pol gives a speech, and makes a local reference like that it's panned as "disingenuous" but if they deliver the generic stump it's "they dont even know where they are"... it's really frustrating. long and short of it in our line of work... it's like a rock band saying "NOBODY ROCKS LIKE SPRINGFIELD!"... it's a cheap pop from the crowd... but if it wasn't done... people would be disappointed.

Well.....I don't "work in politics", but I've worked more campaigns than I can count and would have to be considered an "activist" since I've been elected to serve my party on both it's local Executive Committee and on the State Central Committee, and I see it like this.

If Bill Clinton had quoted the App State win over Michigan in somewhere else but Boone, and had provided details which suggested a mastery of the subject matter, he'd be seen as speaking from the heart about a very inspiring underdog success story. Since he didn't use that reference anyplace else, it IS disingenuous because it's clear he's pandering to the local crowd, particularly in light of the 3rd and 8 reference a few days later in another FCS town.

The Clintons are the undisputed masters of that sort of smarmy and manipulative oration.

And, speaking of the Clintons, does anybody else find it humorous that Hillary, a feminist of some note, is able to run for President not because of her record in it's own right, but rather simply because of who she married?

The irony in that is incredibly delicious, ya know?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding on the 3rd and 8 thing that I was talking about earlier. It was not done during a stump speech or anything like that. It was done immediately after the game in 1995. Not on the campaign trail for either himself or his wife. All other negative things said about the Clinton's though I do agree with.

SoCon48
May 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM
that's what any president or candidate does. dumby. I don't think you think too highly of Bill, but he's the last president we're ever going to see that gave this country a surplus. Bye bye money...hello huge deficits! We're just too scared to pay taxes. xnonox

As you may recall, his first balanced budget came after the Congress shut down the federal government until he did submit one.xeyebrowx

He also granted most favored nation trade status to China. Something which will haunt American industry and workers for generations.

Tod
May 18th, 2008, 02:29 AM
As you may recall, his first balanced budget came after the Congress shut down the federal government until he did submit one.xeyebrowx

He also granted most favored nation trade status to China. Something which will haunt American industry and workers for generations.

Well, good for him! Balancing the budget is a good thing, right?

If granting MFN status to China is so bad, why didn't Bush and the Republican Congress take it back? Why do they haunt us, so?

xlolx

CopperCat
May 18th, 2008, 01:35 PM
This thread is prime evidence that football and politics should ALWAYS be seperate. Politics will only poison the game that we all enjoy.

Next time you want to get an audience's attention Bill, do it without bastardizing an American institution.

trouthunter
May 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM

Perhaps it is because we are the LAST state with a primary, and for once our sparsely populated state with a mere three electoral votes will make the difference.