PDA

View Full Version : YSU is better than WKU

TheGateway
October 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
After watching both games vs. ISU I would have to say YSU is a far better team than WKU . Nothing against WKU, they are very good as well. But just from a fans stand point i would say YSU is the better team right now.

galojay
October 8th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Good thing we can settle these issues on the field.

Of course if YSU defeats WKU, we'll never hear the end of it. It'll be bigger than the second coming.

ysuindy
October 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM
TheGateway - unless you were on of the ISU fans sitting over on the hill behind the YSU bench near me, you aren't the only ISU to say that. I think ISU's performance last week against WKU made it easier for the YSU coaches to get their players to focus.

Good luck to Coach West - he has a long road ahead of him at ISU. I hope he can make some improvements with the program.

Paladin1aa
October 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the comment ,Gateway. My biased opinion is YSU is ALOT better than people are giving us credit for.

All we can do is keep playing and winning and listen to "lame" comments on why YSU isn't any good. All while the other fans teams are losing !! :D

Winning !! The only "opinion" that counts !! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Toppermaniac
October 8th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the comment ,Gateway. My biased opinion is YSU is ALOT better than people are giving us credit for.

All we can do is keep playing and winning and listen to "lame" comments on why YSU isn't any good. All while the other fans teams are losing !! :D

Winning !! The only "opinion" that counts !! :nod: :nod: :nod:

One thing is for sure, you're certainly going to get your chance to prove it over the next few weeks.

Paladin1aa
October 8th, 2005, 10:40 PM
No, two things for sure. People who ACTUALLY SEE YSU PLAY think we are ALOT better than many of the "so-called" ranked teams.

Reputation will only carry the Top 25 pretenders so far.

We just keep winning while the "reputation" teams falter. :D See ya !!

Toppermaniac
October 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM
No, two things for sure. People who ACTUALLY SEE YSU PLAY think we are ALOT better than many of the "so-called" ranked teams.

Reputation will only carry the Top 25 pretenders so far.

We just keep winning while the "reputation" teams falter. :D See ya !!

Yea, and those "people" are YSU fans. Not much credibility there. There you go again with the pretenders tag. Dude, you do realize we were ranked # 1 in the country prior to our game with Auburn, don't you? Do you not know where we're ranked right now? Get a clue.

Toppermaniac
October 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Yea, and those "people" are YSU fans. Not much credibility there. There you go again with the pretenders tag. Dude, you do realize we were ranked # 1 in the country prior to our game with Auburn, don't you? Do you not know where we're ranked right now? Get a clue.

One more thing. Beat us and then talk. That's something you never seem to do, home or on the road.

I-AA Fan
October 8th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Notice the two YSU posts above ... one of them represents a real Penguin fan. Lives in Indiana, speaks well of his home town people ... the Penguins, and coach West. That is what I am talking about ChiPanther. But I guess it takes all kinds of people to make a fan-base.

Chi Panther
October 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM
YSU looks great....they will receive a solid ranking from me this week!!!

I'm pretty confused with the Gateway....especially not knowing when Sanders can play again for UNI. SIU doesn't quite look as good as last year. WKU is the same ol WKU. YSU and Ill State are for real. WIU has an offense....so you definately have to bring your D against them. Indie is obviously struggling. I hope Hill for UNI can lead us to victory over them next week. I don't want to say MSU is better than UNI.... but they did beat us and we now have to deal with the reality of only being able to lose one more game.....

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2005, 11:22 PM
SIU is not as dominant as last year, but that may have more to do with the rest of the league improving (excepting Ind. St.) than SIU slipping. I foresee more nailbiters to come.

FlyYtown
October 8th, 2005, 11:26 PM
YSU -- Good As anyone in the Gateway when they place like they have the last two weeks. Last week should've been a wider margin but the O was flat. This week they let it all come out and it looked great.

We have MIZZOU State Saturday at Stambaugh.. I of course will be there; who else.

Go Penguins. ISU You have some solid athletes; keep it up...

TheGateway
October 9th, 2005, 12:33 AM
In the next couple years we will be ok, just have to adjust to all the changes and start bringing in more athletes.

GoGuins
October 9th, 2005, 08:54 AM
We have MIZZOU State Saturday at Stambaugh.. I of course will be there

Am I looking at the schedule wrong or something? YSU has Western Illinois on 10/15, then MoSt on 10/22, both at home

FlyYtown
October 9th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Yes. I realized that I as went to bed last night. But they were in a good game with Southern Illinois...

Should still be fun. We killed them for the first time ever last year at their place in Macomb. Time to do the same here in Youngstown at 4.

ISUMatt
October 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM
YSU -- Last week should've been a wider margin but the O was flat.

No offense to YSU because you guys are playing great, BUT ILS SHOULD have won that game at YSU. With Coach Johnson at the helm, we just seem to find a way to lose all the time... We should be 2-0, we are 0-2 with 2 losses by 6 points!! But YSU is MUCH improved!!!

FlyYtown
October 9th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I agree it could've gone either way but man if you start TWO Drives in the Redzone and only get 3 Points EACH Time your offense needs to get its act together; that is not Youngstown Football. Yes props to your defense but man that was a blown opportunity for us to blow the game open.

ISUMatt
October 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM
You are right I forgot about that!!! But just so you know, Im not diminighing anything YSU did, I just felt we gave that game away like we did yesterday vs WKU!!! Damnit we SHOULD be 5-1!!!

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM
ILS deserves better. I thought you guys were pretty good. I also think we are pretty good . It would appear that the GFC has several good teams and that the "favorites" are not as good as advertised. Should make for a great GFC race.

INS just needs to get after it and recruit. West has a shot to do it.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Am I looking at the schedule wrong or something? YSU has Western Illinois on 10/15, then MoSt on 10/22, both at home
Yep. But it gets scary after that.

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Yep !! Thats right uncle. Everyone HAS to play YSU.

Scary thought !! :D