PDA

View Full Version : 5-12-08 Photo of Paulson Stadium (GSU) Construction

bobbythekidd
May 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Eat your heart out 89Hen!xlolx

...and no MPLS, we are not getting field turf. You will be happy to learn that we are reducing the size of the crown.xthumbsupx

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com//pics14/800/ZI/ZIGKZTPDBWIQJDH.20080512203102.jpg

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1469509&DB_OEM_ID=18700

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Eat your heart out 89Hen!xlolx

...and no MPLS, we are not getting field turf. You will be happy to learn that we are reducing the size of the crown.xthumbsupx

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com//pics14/800/ZI/ZIGKZTPDBWIQJDH.20080512203102.jpg

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1469509&DB_OEM_ID=18700

EVERYBODY NEEDS FIELD TURF!!!!!!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx

AppAlum2003
May 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
That must be one of those CFL fields that are only 20 yards wide.

Eaglesrus
May 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
NOBODY NEEDS FIELD TURF!!!!!!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx

Fixed it for ya.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Natural surface pwns artificial turf xthumbsupx xcoolx :D

Don't be jealous because the grass browns too early in the year in frozen Fargo.

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Fixed it for ya.

NO CLUE!!!!!!!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

CopperCat
May 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
NO CLUE!!!!!!!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Football was MEANT to be played on real grass. Its just that some teams can't have real grass because its too damn cold/snowy/crappy through the season to maintain it.

TheBisonator
May 13th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying you guys' scoreboard sucks, but I bet it would be nice to see a scoreboard upgrade soon...

bobbythekidd
May 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not saying you guys' scoreboard sucks, but I bet it would be nice to see a scoreboard upgrade soon...
What is sad about it, is that it just got upgraded.xbawlingxxbawlingx

Eaglesrus
May 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM

It would, and we would appreciate it very much. Please throw in an upgrade to the sound sysytem while you're at it (you did mean that you are going to take care of it for us, right? :) )

MplsBison
May 13th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Football was MEANT to be played on real grass.

The inventors of football would not give a ***** if it was played on plastic and rubber.

MplsBison
May 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
You will be happy to learn that we are reducing the size of the crown.

I won't be happy until the crown is 100% leveled.

I can safely say that football played on anything but a perfectly level field is a bastardization of what the inventors of football had in mind.

And just for the sake of trying to maintain a stupid grass field? That's *********.

stevdock
May 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM

I'm sorryxlolx

X-Factor
May 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM

If you get a chance to visit SDSU this fall, their scoreboard is the model all FCS teams should use for an outdoor stadium. Last fall one of the video displays still wasn't working properly, but other than that it is pretty tits xthumbsupx

CopperCat
May 13th, 2008, 06:51 PM

The inventors of football would not give a ***** if it was played on plastic and rubber.

http://www.leguidesante.eu/images/produits/4284951-2.jpg

You need some of this, as you seem to be suffering from diharrea of the mouth, again.xcoffeex

furman94
May 13th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Natural surface pwns artificial turf xthumbsupx xcoolx :D

Don't be jealous because the grass browns too early in the year in frozen Fargo.

For once, I agree with a GSUer! GRASS IS NATURAL AND DOESN'T USE PLASTICS THAT KILL THE EARTH!

mmiller_34
May 13th, 2008, 07:40 PM

I can safely say that football played on anything but a perfectly level field is a bastardization of what the inventors of football had in mind.

And just for the sake of trying to maintain a stupid grass field? That's *********.

haha, i can't imagine what you think of sdsu's field.

Eyes of Old Main
May 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM

What proof do you have that allows you to be so "safely" certain about that?

The way I see it, turf inside a dome is way more of a bastardization than a natural grass fireld with a crown on it.

Sounds like someone has "grass envy".

MplsBison
May 13th, 2008, 08:08 PM
haha, i can't imagine what you think of sdsu's field.

I don't really worry about it too much because it's guaranteed that SDSU will have turf no later than the 09 season.

mmiller_34
May 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I don't really worry about it too much because it's guaranteed that SDSU will have turf no later than the 09 season.

xnonono2x says who.

appfan2008
May 13th, 2008, 09:49 PM
i didnt notice the scoreboard until someone mentioned it but it is small for what i figured gsu had...

TwinTownBisonFan
May 13th, 2008, 10:49 PM
ya know... having walked along Dakotah field i have to wonder what a bison fan is doing beefing about a "crown" considering the one that Dakotah field was on.

seantaylor
May 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Turf is garbage. Yes, we need an upgrade on our scoreboard.

Eaglesrus
May 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM

I have informed our AD of your thoughts and I'm sure that he will make take appropriate action post-haste.

SideLine Shooter
May 14th, 2008, 07:39 AM
i didnt notice the scoreboard until someone mentioned it but it is small for what i figured gsu had...

It is not really that small. The problem I see with it is afternoon games the sun shines directly into it and it is difficult to see the time, down, yardage and the vital info for football. Other than that, nice scoreboard.

blueballs
May 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
It is not really that small. The problem I see with it is afternoon games the sun shines directly into it and it is difficult to see the time, down, yardage and the vital info for football. Other than that, nice scoreboard.

They actually addressed that during the off season, taking out the light displays and installing yellow LED displays... works fine now.

As far as grass is concerned, Paulson Stadium has some of the best turf in all of college football with the Bermuda Tift. The head groundskeeper at the stadium has been there forever and that field is always pristine. The drainage is top-notch because it sits on a bed of sand and has ample underground drainage.

Appaholic
May 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
For once, I agree with a GSUer! GRASS IS NATURAL AND DOESN'T USE PLASTICS THAT KILL THE EARTH!

As opposed to the pesticides and fertilizers needed to maintain the grass.....at least turf uses ground up tires......that's recycling.....xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
May 14th, 2008, 10:30 AM
As opposed to the pesticides and fertilizers needed to maintain the grass.....at least turf uses ground up tires......that's recycling.....xsmiley_wix
Don't you know that beautiful Eagle Creek is filled with natural fertilizers? It comes straight from the septic field of the GSU dorms. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
May 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
They actually addressed that during the off season, taking out the light displays and installing yellow LED displays... works fine now.

As far as grass is concerned, Paulson Stadium has some of the best turf in all of college football with the Bermuda Tift. The head groundskeeper at the stadium has been there forever and that field is always pristine. The drainage is top-notch because it sits on a bed of sand and has ample underground drainage.

that is a good fix

i am glad asu's is in the south end facing north shielded by trees... the sun is never a problem

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 14th, 2008, 11:21 AM

You can clearly see the clock, the score, and the other numbers on the scoreboard from anywhere in the stadium. Same thing with the video screen. What more should we have with a scoreboard?

Also, how much are they lowering the crown? I hope it's not so low that the field turns into a swamp after it rains.

bobbythekidd
May 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
You can clearly see the clock, the score, and the other numbers on the scoreboard from anywhere in the stadium. Same thing with the video screen. What more should we have with a scoreboard?

Also, how much are they lowering the crown? I hope it's not so low that the field turns into a swamp after it rains.
Your first question is a less dated appearance IMO. Include yards rushing passing, and totals, would be a nice touch.

They are dropping the crown from 16 inches to 10.

WUTNDITWAA
May 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Heck, ASU has FieldTurf and a crown. Top that! xlolx

MplsBison
May 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Heck, ASU has FieldTurf and a crown.

Don't think so.

And if they did custom order a crown then they did it purely because the boosters are a bunch of old timers who can't let go of traditions.

There is zero functionality gained by having a crown in a turf field.

WUTNDITWAA
May 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Functinality or not, the field at KBS has a crown in it, and a mighty big one at that. I've been on the field a few times since the FieldTurf installation in 2004. There was a crown in it from the old AstroTurf8 days, and I think it was just left there as a cost-cutting measure. Heck, I remember according to some Coastal fans on this board, that very crown was why the baby chickens lost 30-0 to App in 2005.

Appaholic
May 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Definitely has a crown.........been there since at least '84 season when Mack Brown coached......and I'm sure longer than that......

yosef1969
May 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM

But to maintain it requires lot's of watering and that's become increasingly in short supply in south Georgia.

As others mentioned it uses recycled tires, and eliminates the need for chemicals and fertilizers.

Don't assume it's better for the environment just because it's natural. (although I am 100% in favor of natural grass when it it's feasible)

Fieldturf is a nice eco-friendly alternative when natural grass is a challenge

Eaglesrus
May 15th, 2008, 12:09 PM
But to maintain it requires lot's of watering and that's become increasingly in short supply in south Georgia.

As others mentioned it uses recycled tires, and eliminates the need for chemicals and fertilizers.

Don't assume it's better for the environment just because it's natural. (although I am 100% in favor of natural grass when it it's feasible)

Fieldturf is a nice eco-friendly alternative when natural grass is a challenge

Actually we're not in that bad of shape, water-wise, in southeast GA. Where they are really hurting as far as that goes is above Macon.

APPALACHIANstate
May 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Everyone is supposed to Go-Green now, remember? Polar Bears

The Moody1
May 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Don't think so.

And if they did custom order a crown then they did it purely because the boosters are a bunch of old timers who can't let go of traditions.

There is zero functionality gained by having a crown in a turf field.

The crown is slated to go with the next field turf installation.

MplsBison
May 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM
The crown is slated to go with the next field turf installation.

As it should be.