PDA

View Full Version : Tribe dominates UNH.

Tribe4SF
October 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
W&M controlled every phase of the game for four quarters. Tribe D was after Santos all day and gave up very few yards after the catch to UNH receivers. Footing on the field was good, despite the rain, but Tribe D closed to the ball quickly and delivered many jarring hits. Forced several fumbles and picked off two passes and had several breakups. W&M off. and def. lines both won the war in the trenches. Mike Potts very impressive as he made no mistakes and delivered several clutch throws. Special teams had a KO return for TD, blocked a punt. Elijah Brooks powerful again, running for 135 on 33 carries.

After righting their ship against Liberty, Tribe has now sailed in a new direction.

rabidsaluki
October 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Nice win Tribe! :beerchug:

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 05:27 PM
That was an impressive win. Alot of weird games today with the wild weather on the east coast, but to dominate like that is really a statement.

LBPop
October 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
That was an impressive win. Alot of weird games today with the wild weather on the east coast, but to dominate like that is really a statement.

Yes, congratulations to W&M. With what has gone on so far, the playoffs could be remarkable.

blukeys
October 8th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Yes, congratulations to W&M. With what has gone on so far, the playoffs could be remarkable.

Who knows what will happen this season. Congrats to the Tribe. The Tribe's D looked terrible against URI. I guess they match up better against a passing offense. Umass and JMU appear in the best shape in the A-10 but who knows? This year just gets crazier every week. :confused: :confused: :confused:

rcny46
October 8th, 2005, 11:34 PM
I've been saying since before the season began that UNH was very overrated,and I think that was evident today.I can see the same thing happening when they go to Hempstead and Amherst,and may be in over their heads vs.URI and Maine.I'm still scratching my head over the high regard they seemed to have in some quarters.

charliej
October 8th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I've been saying since before the season began that UNH was very overrated,and I think that was evident today.I can see the same thing happening when they go to Hempstead and Amherst,and may be in over their heads vs.URI and Maine.I'm still scratching my head over the high regard they seemed to have in some quarters.

I think UNH will bounce back. After spanking Nova so easily last week I had a feeling this could happen in Williamsburg.It was a wake-up call,now they know they have to show up every week.

I think UMass could give the Cats a tough game,but the rest of your sched looks pretty good.

umassfan
October 9th, 2005, 12:05 AM
This saturday in Amherst could very well be for the A10 title... JMU at UMass in a classic. Both run the same style of offense and both have good defenses. Cant wait to see that game. Our defense gives up just 3 points per game(15 total points in 5 games... just 1 td) but we have yet to face a team like JMU. Big blow today though as we lost our top WR due to injury. JMU should see alot of Baylark and Cobbs though just like we will see alot of their three headed monster... On a side note from todays game vs Northeastern... Shannon James had his 3rd int of the year(19th of his career) to break the UMass career INT record. He is also the current active leader in all D I.

Tubby Raymond
October 9th, 2005, 12:40 AM
This saturday in Amherst could very well be for the A10 title... JMU at UMass in a classic. Both run the same style of offense and both have good defenses. Cant wait to see that game. Our defense gives up just 3 points per game(15 total points in 5 games... just 1 td) but we have yet to face a team like JMU. Big blow today though as we lost our top WR due to injury. JMU should see alot of Baylark and Cobbs though just like we will see alot of their three headed monster... On a side note from todays game vs Northeastern... Shannon James had his 3rd int of the year(19th of his career) to break the UMass career INT record. He is also the current active leader in all D I.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself, remember one word:

CCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAATT TTTTEEEEE

Sly Fox
October 9th, 2005, 09:19 AM
So we can take credit for turning you guys around, Tribe4SF? You're welcome.

:D

Kill'em
October 9th, 2005, 09:26 AM
That score is really surprising. Not that W&M would beat UNH, but it is surprising they would beat them that badly.

charliej
October 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
That score is really surprising. Not that W&M would beat UNH, but it is surprising they would beat them that badly.

My thoughts exactly.

Tribe4SF
October 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
So we can take credit for turning you guys around, Tribe4SF? You're welcome.

:D

Yes you can, and thank you! I was really pulling for you guys yesterday. Tough loss.

rcny46
October 9th, 2005, 11:19 AM

I don't understand the surprise everyone is expressing regarding the way in which W&M won the game.Why the hoopla over UNH?

rcny46
October 9th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I think UNH will bounce back. After spanking Nova so easily last week I had a feeling this could happen in Williamsburg.It was a wake-up call,now they know they have to show up every week.

I think UMass could give the Cats a tough game,but the rest of your sched looks pretty good.

I don't have your optimism,unfortunately.

Kill'em
October 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I don't understand the surprise everyone is expressing regarding the way in which W&M won the game.Why the hoopla over UNH?
Simple, I remember the butt-kicking we took in the playoffs last year from UNH. The last W&M game I saw was their getting spanked by Rhode Island.

Ivytalk
October 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Great job, Tribe! :nod: :hurray: