3:06 to go in third

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM
SHSU FG

Demons 10
Bearkats 6 near end of 3

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Theme of the Day, Sam Houston roughs the punter, Demons get a first down with 2 mins to go. SHSU with 1 T.O.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Final

NW St 10
SHSU 6

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
NW State and Sam were not that impressive...

If Sam shows some sort of running game, they win the game. Sam defense was impressive against Devon Vinson, perhaps the best offensive player in the league this year. Same Sam defense shut down Barrick Nealy last year...

SLC is wide open...

Dallas Demon
October 8th, 2005, 09:23 PM
NW State and Sam were not that impressive...

If Sam shows some sort of running game, they win the game. Sam defense was impressive against Devon Vinson, perhaps the best offensive player in the league this year. Same Sam defense shut down Barrick Nealy last year...

SLC is wide open...

This was a great defensive game by both teams. The Sam QB is very good, but pressure (5 sacks and many hurries) by the Demon defense helped to shut him down somewhat. The Demon running game needs help at the moment, we haven't been able to run all season (except for the ULL game). You're correct, Sam's running game was shut down but that is what the Demon defense was famous for last year and most of the players are back from that team. This was a huge accomplishment - winning by the Demons in Huntsville. It is tough to win any year for us in Huntsville. We're starting to get a little swagger back, I haven't seen our team that sharp (defensively especially with all of the hard hits) all year.

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
A lot of blitzing. I was amazed but they probably did that because PD is inexperienced.

Congrats to the Demons.

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2005, 02:35 PM
A lot of blitzing. I was amazed but they probably did that because PD is inexperienced.

Congrats to the Demons.

Thanks. BTW, I got there late and was able to look briefly for your black Ford F150 but didn't see it. I understand you got there late. Maybe next time, good luck the rest of the season.

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks. BTW, I got there late and was able to look briefly for your black Ford F150 but didn't see it. I understand you got there late. Maybe next time, good luck the rest of the season.

What lot did you park in? Where I was parked there were a few Demon fans hanging out before the game. Quite a few actually. We just sat in the bed of the truck for a couple of minutes and had some cold ones. :)

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
What lot did you park in? Where I was parked there were a few Demon fans hanging out before the game. Quite a few actually. We just sat in the bed of the truck for a couple of minutes and had some cold ones. :)

I parked in the Green Parking towards the buildings of the campus and walked across the soccer fields. Then walked to where some of the Demon fans were (they had a flag up flying) in the back of the tailgating section, said hello, and immediately had to leave and go back to the stadium. If I had a little more time, I would have been able to find you I'm sure. Probably walked right by but was on the phone and was distracted for a bit while walking and talking on the phone.