PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Delaware Stadium renovation 5/12/08

89Hen
May 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
No, not really. I just wanted to be able to post something like EVERY OTHER FRIGGIN SCHOOL IN I-AA THAT'S WORTH A HILL OF BEANS. xmadx xnonono2x xmadx

http://www.apropertyingreece.com/assets/ContentImages/Renovation%20property%20before%20(Small).jpg

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Please don't tell me they are upgrading the pissing wall!!! xsmhx xoopsx xsmhx

andy7171
May 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Looks more like Del State's visitor's locker room!

93henfan
May 12th, 2008, 01:46 PM
89, have you been reading Gohens.net lately? Lots of good info came out of the May huddle. The new jumbotron video scoreboard will be in place before the season starts, along with a new sound system. HOK Sport is supposed to have two options for the new stadium ready in the fall. One will be a tear down/build up proposal at the current site and the other will be a plan contingent on UD procuring the Chrysler Assembly site. Plans for new weight room, training, and academic center are in full swing. We've switched unis from Nike to Baltimore-based Under Armour for 2008 and 5&10 in Newark is taking orders for replica jerseys. Practice fields are being converted to Field Turf as we speak. The first is already complete.

Lots going on in Hen Land. Exciting times. We should finally have some cool concept pictures to post of our uberstadium in the fall.xthumbsupx

89Hen
May 12th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I'm just impatient. So if they decide to do a new one and have to wait for procurement of the Chrysler plant, it should be ready by 2021. I really don't care about the jumbotron as that wasn't high on my list. I'm guessing it will go where the current scoreboard is... that means I won't be able to see it from my seats anyway. :(

93henfan
May 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, no one could see the scoreboard during homecoming!!xlolx

You must be toward the north endzone somewhere? Supposedly they're putting a smaller scoreboard atop the Bob as well, so at least you'll get the basics.

You're right about Chrysler. That would take forever. I'm guessing it'll end up at the present site anyway. Double-deck both sides, shoe the NEZ, make it 30-35K for now. That'd be nice.

Ronbo
May 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
No, not really. I just wanted to be able to post something like EVERY OTHER FRIGGIN SCHOOL IN I-AA THAT'S WORTH A HILL OF BEANS. xmadx xnonono2x xmadx

http://www.apropertyingreece.com/assets/ContentImages/Renovation%20property%20before%20(Small).jpg

Looks like Borat's neighborhood. xlolx

furman94
May 12th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Well atleast Delaware has something good in the FUTURE! FU has NOTHING PLANNED! Ugh...

aust42
May 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Well atleast Delaware has something good in the FUTURE! FU has NOTHING PLANNED! Ugh...

New field turf and a new score board to start. From what I understand the engineering firm that is drawing up plans for renovations to Delaware stadium has done several high profile program renovations in recent years. We don't need a new stadium, the one we have is just fine except for the outdated Press Box and score board. Additional seats could be easily added to the current stadium.

RadMann
May 12th, 2008, 06:23 PM
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/memdemo.jpg

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Maybe you can install a target or dunk tank at the back of the end zones. You guys score a touchdown and you can throw the football at that instead of fans/pigs.

SunCoastBlueHen
May 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Maybe you can install a target or dunk tank at the back of the end zones. You guys score a touchdown and you can throw the football at that instead of fans/pigs.

Well, I agree that fans and pigs are one in the same at App. State. xwhistlex

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM

Except it was Delaware that was squealin' like one...

*Dueling Banjos*

WELCOME TO THE HILLS YALL...

SunCoastBlueHen
May 12th, 2008, 07:06 PM
*Dueling Banjos*

That's your fight song, isn't it?

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM
That's your fight song, isn't it?

Mine? Or ASU?

For myself, I prefer...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6p11TrVOrE

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM

what brought that on? :( :( :( xsmhx xeyebrowx xnonox

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:09 PM

We are just shootin' back and forth, I think hes just kidding around...

SunCoastBlueHen
May 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Follow the bouncing ball there, Charlie.

SunCoastBlueHen
May 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
We are just shootin' back and forth, I think hes just kidding around...

Of course I'm just kidding around. :D

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
http://interconnected.org/notes/roast/large/hen_cooked.jpg

Well, supper's done...

SunCoastBlueHen
May 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
http://interconnected.org/notes/roast/large/hen_cooked.jpg

Well, supper's done...

No retort for that one. :o xsmhx :p

appfan2008
May 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM

fill up what you got... especially against big time schools like app state... and maybe then you can upgrade

89Hen
May 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Well, no one could see the scoreboard during homecoming!!xlolx

You must be toward the north endzone somewhere? Supposedly they're putting a smaller scoreboard atop the Bob as well, so at least you'll get the basics.

You're right about Chrysler. That would take forever. I'm guessing it'll end up at the present site anyway. Double-deck both sides, shoe the NEZ, make it 30-35K for now. That'd be nice.
Yup, in the NEZ. We send Jr down the row to check the time for us when the game is close.

I'm not opposed to keeping it where it is, but it will take twice as long and be ten times the hassle for fans. Imagine a year with only 10,000 seats. xeekx There's plenty of land next to and behind the current to do it. Unless those woods behind the East Side are protected (creek or wetlands) it could easily go where the track is now.

bluehenbillk
May 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Imagine a year with only 10,000 seats. xeekx

cmon 89 do you think it's the stone ages? They can entirely re-do one side in an offseason.

93henfan
May 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Or we could just build a horrific-looking track around our field like Appy State and make the fans sit far away from the action, safely out of football torpedo range.

neersnbeers
May 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Or we could just build a horrific-looking track around our field like Appy State and make the fans sit far away from the action, safely out of football torpedo range.

You got that rightxthumbsupx Only dangerous when number 21 Mark Duncan(i think) scores a touchdownxcoolx

MplsBison
May 13th, 2008, 05:25 PM
The new jumbotron video scoreboard will be in place before the season starts, along with a new sound system.

I've said this before when another user misspoke the same way you just did here: Jumbotron is the name brand that Sony uses for their videoboards.

The name brand for Daktronics, who I assume you are ordering your new videoboard from, is ProStar.

Either use the correct brand name and don't disrespect the world leader in videoboards, from the Dakotas, or just use the generic word "videoboard".

RadMann
May 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I've said this before when another user misspoke the same way you just did here: Jumbotron is the name brand that Sony uses for their videoboards.

The name brand for Daktronics, who I assume you are ordering your new videoboard from, is ProStar.

Either use the correct brand name and don't disrespect the world leader in videoboards, from the Dakotas, or just use the generic word "videoboard".

Wow, you are sensitive about Jumbotron lingo. Do you work in contract language at your job?

93henfan
May 13th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Frankly, who cares? It is a Daktronics jumbotron we're ordering, though.xlolx

ur2k
May 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM

And make sure when you ask for a tissue, don't ask for a Kleenex. Or a Band Aid or Astroturf - all brand names that have entered into common usage, like Jumbotron. Go ahead and Google these items.

APPALACHIANstate
May 14th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah, for you southern folk. Not everything is a coke either.

LeopardFan04
May 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
And make sure when you ask for a tissue, don't ask for a Kleenex. Or a Band Aid or Astroturf - all brand names that have entered into common usage, like Jumbotron. Go ahead and Google these items.

I'm going to make a Xerox of your post...:)

R.A.
May 14th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Uh huh...

Henny
May 15th, 2008, 12:08 AM
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/memdemo.jpg

Rad, The old Memorial stadium in Balt.? Sad photo for me if thats what it is.

93henfan
May 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Yep, that's it Henny. It was demo'ed and is now an articial reef in the Chesapeake Bay.

First pro baseball game I ever went to was there (mid 70s), back when the Orioles were good. The pre-Angelos years.

andy7171
May 15th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Yep, that's it Henny. It was demo'ed and is now an articial reef in the Chesapeake Bay.

First pro baseball game I ever went to was there (mid 70s), back when the Orioles were good. The pre-Angelos years.

They were good in the beginning of the Angelos Era. My season tickets were well worth the money 94-97! How come everyone forgets the he11 Eli Jacobs brought on the City? xpeacex

I loved Memorial Stadium. Parking was a b!tch, but you couldn't beat the $3 bleacher seats in the summer! I always thought they should have kept the facade standing. It just seemed wrong tearing down "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" tribute to the Veterans.

89Hen
May 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
cmon 89 do you think it's the stone ages? They can entirely re-do one side in an offseason.
No chance.

RadMann
May 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Rad, The old Memorial stadium in Balt.? Sad photo for me if thats what it is.

Henny: Agreed, my greatest days as a sports fan of any sport were watching and listening to the team that called that place home for my entire youth. The O's teams then were the best in baseball for a few decades, before all of the free agency crap and players changing teams all of the time. Camden Yards is a great spot, but Memorial Stadium was the home of my best sports memories. I miss it along with Brooks, Boog, Eddie, Palmer, Dempsey, and a bunch more of them.... RIP... :(

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Camden Yards is a great spot, but Memorial Stadium was the home of my best sports memories.
The only game I ever attended in Memorial was an Eagles/Ravens game. By then is was a dump in a bad neighborhood with no parking. Also a God awful set-up for football. I have no idea how the Colts played there. xsmhx

UAalum72
May 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Also a God awful set-up for football. I have no idea how the Colts played there. xsmhx
Thru the 50's and early sixties many NFL teams played in baseball parks (Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Briggs/Tiger Stadium, Cleveland, Minnesota) with team benches on the same side of the field and many seats 150 feet from the sideline. Then beginning with the Astrodome and Shea Stadium in 1964 was the era of the round stadiums that weren't good with either sport. Really not until Camden Yards did cities begin building venues that specialized for baseball or football.

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Thru the 50's and early sixties many NFL teams played in baseball parks (Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Briggs/Tiger Stadium, Cleveland, Minnesota) with team benches on the same side of the field and many seats 150 feet from the sideline
The real stinker is that the field ran from basically the third base line to right field. So the upper deck in what was left field stopped at the 50 yard line. So some of the best seats in the house didn't even exist. xoopsx

andy7171
May 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/memori70.jpg
http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/memmain.jpg
http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/BaltimoreColts/seats.gif
LOL it's a seating chart for the CFL'ers!
The Ravens made some improvements to Memorial those first few seasons. The obstructed views were horrible too. I saw a Ravens Patriots game that first year. Passes and punts would go out of sight from the overhang and the poles would block normal viewing. Center field was enormous in baseball.

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Wow, I definitley stand corrected on the field direction. I sure don't recall it going straight up the diamond. xoopsx At least I got the part about the upper deck stopping around mid-field.

bandl
May 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/memori70.jpg

Wow...look at how they pack those cars in there. If you're in the middle of those packs, you ain't leaving for a while. xrotatehx

I like how they have so much abundant parking RIGHT NEXT TO THE ******** STADIUM!!! Snyder, take note! xrulesx

Cap'n Cat
May 16th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Wow, I definitley stand corrected on the field direction. I sure don't recall it going straight up the diamond. xoopsx At least I got the part about the upper deck stopping around mid-field.

Hen admits he's wrong about something????!?!??!!

http://www.tvparty.com/vgifs2/sanford.gif

:p

93henfan
May 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hen admits he's wrong about something????!?!??!!:p

It's not too late for him to claim he was thinking about Veterans' Stadium, because the Eagles field did, in fact, run from the third base line to right field (west to east lengthwise).

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 03:44 PM
It's not too late for him to claim he was thinking about Veterans' Stadium, because the Eagles field did, in fact, run from the third base line to right field (west to east lengthwise).
xconfusedx Wait, we weren't talking about Veterans Stadium? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

BlueHenBoy
June 23rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry to digress. ;) But, is it just a rumor that they are going ot build a whole new stadium, or is it in "the works"?

HOK does some great work though. They're the ones who built the new Cardinals stadium, and the Emirates Stadium in London.

http://www.hoksport.com/index.html

93henfan
June 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry to digress. ;) But, is it just a rumor that they are going ot build a whole new stadium, or is it in "the works"?

The official press releases state that HOK has been contracted to conduct a study of total athletic program facility upgrades. It even appears to now have a name: "Path to Prominence".

The specific word on the stadium is that it will be either refurbished in place or a new one built, but that will be decided after HOK conducts its studies and offers the alternatives to UD and they decide which option they like best. The final plan is to be unveiled this fall. I would obviously expect that it will be the most impressive stadium in FCS when unveiled, as would befit a program of Delaware's stature and tradition.