PDA

View Full Version : Where were you on 09/01/07, 3:43 pm EST?

T-Dog
May 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Y'all know, when Corey Lynch made an inside run off the right side unblocked and shook the foundation of college football to it's core, made history, stunned the world, etc. (i.e. when App sealed the win over Michigan :p ) Where were you, what was your reaction story and some of the good ones you've heard.

I myself was at Legends (ASU Night Club) near the front thinking "Oh God please, just this one field goal, let it not be good." After Corey blocked it and was tackled, I lost it. I ran out the side door and screamed at the top of my lungs to the cars on US 321 "WE WON!" then ran straight to the stadium with hundreds of students and promptly took a part in the soberest riot I've ever seen and/or been apart off.

I heard a story that at the Labor Day soccer shootout in Greensboro, NC (youth travel team tournament), they were getting radio updates and one of the referee was on his break at that magical moment, and as an ASU student, he ditched the rest of his games for the weekend (rest of Saturday and all of Sunday), jumped in his car and drove straight to Boone (a good 120 miles drive BTW).

I've heard other stories about fans at other schools listening in at their tailgates for their night games and such, I've seen the vids of thousands of OSU and PSU fans watching on small monitors under their stands. I heard the stories of ESPN crews scrambling from Virginia Tech down to Boone as well as every sports-news van within 200 miles.

This topic has been up before but it was right after and more of a HOLY S***! reaction thread so now we can look back during the off-season and refelct with greater detail and soberness. :D xnodx

So what's your good stories AGS'ers from that moment and day?

CopperCat
May 10th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Where was I?

Sitting on my couch preparing myself to listen to ASU fans talk about this for the next twenty years on AGS.xcoffeex

In all seriousness, I was actually glad that ASU won. It was good for the sport, it was good for FCS, and most importantly it was a great game.

Lionsrking
May 10th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Y'all know, when Corey Lynch made an inside run off the right side unblocked and shook the foundation of college football to it's core, made history, stunned the world, etc. (i.e. when App sealed the win over Michigan :p ) Where were you, what was your reaction story and some of the good ones you've heard.

I myself was at Legends (ASU Night Club) near the front thinking "Oh God please, just this one field goal, let it not be good." After Corey blocked it and was tackled, I lost it. I ran out the side door and screamed at the top of my lungs to the cars on US 321 "WE WON!" then ran straight to the stadium with hundreds of students and promptly took a part in the soberest riot I've ever seen and/or been apart off.

I heard a story that at the Labor Day soccer shootout in Greensboro, NC (youth travel team tournament), they were getting radio updates and one of the referee was on his break at that magical moment, and as an ASU student, he ditched the rest of his games for the weekend (rest of Saturday and all of Sunday), jumped in his car and drove straight to Boone (a good 120 miles drive BTW).

I've heard other stories about fans at other schools listening in at their tailgates for their night games and such, I've seen the vids of thousands of OSU and PSU fans watching on small monitors under their stands. I heard the stories of ESPN crews scrambling from Virginia Tech down to Boone as well as every sports-news van within 200 miles.

This topic has been up before but it was right after and more of a HOLY S***! reaction thread so now we can look back during the off-season and refelct with greater detail and soberness. :D xnodx

I can't remember where I was last week, let alone eight or nine months ago.

FargoBison
May 10th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I was at my house watching the game, trying to get a hold of my friend(huge Michigan fan) who suddenly wasn't answering his phone anymore.

HiHiYikas
May 10th, 2008, 12:58 AM
It was Teddy Roosevelt bobblehead day at RFK stadium. The Nats were hosting the Giants, and my wife and I were set to go get our ridiculous-looking bobbleheads and shower Barry Bonds with boos. We had decided to leave for DC early in the day and spend a little time up there before the game.

As I was getting ready to leave, I thought I'd turn on ESPN to see how bad the damage was. When the ticker came up with something like ASU 28, Michigan 17, I called my brother.

"We're beating Michigan" I said, violating my personal rule that one shouldn't refer to a team he's not playing for using a first-person pronoun.

"Pretty incredible," he said.

"You know we're still going to lose," I said. "But it's nice to be able to say we gave them a good game."

I decided to wait until the game ended to leave for Washington. I spent most of the rest of the afternoon on the phone with my dad and my brother, listening to play-by-play on goasu.com. When the game ended I went nuts, much like I did when Jason Hunter clobbered Ingle Martin at the end of the 2005 semifinals.

I usually wear my Nats jersey to Nats games, but I went ahead and wore my Appalachian jersey (#47) to the ballpark instead.

I think I got yelled at by 150 strangers...people congratulating me, saying "you guys played great today," and the like.

A friend of mine, whose husband is in an all-Michigan family, called just after the game to congratulate me. I must admit I was still pretty excited and, tough I thanked her for her congratulatory words, I still managed to get in a "well, they're lucky it wasn't worse." Not the kindest thing to say, but I wasn't in my right mind most of that day.

slostang
May 10th, 2008, 01:00 AM
In San Marcos, Texas watching the Cal Poly/Texas State game.

GannonFan
May 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I was in the same place I was when Lynch got run down from behind by Michigan's kicker. :p

AZGrizFan
May 10th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I was in the same place I was when Lynch got run down from behind by Michigan's kicker. :p

Ouch. xeyebrowx

I was sitting in a booth at Dukes Bar & Grill, cuz they play all the Griz games. xnodx

rjg129
May 10th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I was at work. Nebraska was playing at Wake that day. Nebraska fans had been coming into the hotel all day long. I was following the game online and when the score was 32-31 thankfully espn starting doing the ingame updates. So i wandered over to the bar tv, we were up 34-32. Then they said Lynch blocked the kick. All the Nebraska people offered their congratulations on the big win. I was too excited to do anything the rest of the day. My supervisor looked at me and was like "whats the big deal? Would u act like that if App beat Nebraska?" The Nebraska fans at the desk looked at her as if she just grew a 3rd eye. All i could say after her comment was "you went to Winston-Salem State, they havnt had a football team since the early 90s"

Then i promptly drove to Boone.

A lot of the older Nebraska fans remembered Coach Moore from his days at Nebraska. Some even knew how to pronounce Appalachian. One guy had his number and tried to call him, of course he couldnt get through.

AppFan56
May 10th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I was at the game with my wife watching our son play his first college football game as a true freshman (he started at DT):

http://images.lilypix.com/albums/userpics/10041/normal_Bob_at_Michigan2.jpg

MaroonMafia
May 10th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Your Mom's house.

KiddBrewer
May 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
It was Teddy Roosevelt bobblehead day at RFK stadium. The Nats were hosting the Giants, and my wife and I were set to go get our ridiculous-looking bobbleheads and shower Barry Bonds with boos. We had decided to leave for DC early in the day and spend a little time up there before the game.

As I was getting ready to leave, I thought I'd turn on ESPN to see how bad the damage was. When the ticker came up with something like ASU 28, Michigan 17, I called my brother.

"We're beating Michigan" I said, violating my personal rule that one shouldn't refer to a team he's not playing for using a first-person pronoun.

"Pretty incredible," he said.

"You know we're still going to lose," I said. "But it's nice to be able to say we gave them a good game."

I decided to wait until the game ended to leave for Washington. I spent most of the rest of the afternoon on the phone with my dad and my brother, listening to play-by-play on goasu.com. When the game ended I went nuts, much like I did when Jason Hunter clobbered Ingle Martin at the end of the 2005 semifinals.

I usually wear my Nats jersey to Nats games, but I went ahead and wore my Appalachian jersey (#47) to the ballpark instead.

I think I got yelled at by 150 strangers...people congratulating me, saying "you guys played great today," and the like.

A friend of mine, whose husband is in an all-Michigan family, called just after the game to congratulate me. I must admit I was still pretty excited and, tough I thanked her for her congratulatory words, I still managed to get in a "well, they're lucky it wasn't worse." Not the kindest thing to say, but I wasn't in my right mind most of that day.

honesty is a good thing i guess.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I can't remember where I was last week, let alone eight or nine months ago.

Take another drink!!xcoolx

CSUBUCDAD
May 10th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Sitting in the rain at The Citadel watching the Bucs and Dogs go at it.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Your Mom's house.

In your simple minded dreams..xeyebrowx

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 06:02 AM

Beautiful memory, Running out the clock the way he did. xnodx

Syntax Error
May 10th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I was in the same place I was when Lynch got run down from behind by Michigan's kicker.I saw the track star catch up to Lynch after Corey REJECTED his kick. Has to be a bad feeling for the kicker, having to chase down the guy who snuffed his attempt.

I was watching the play on TV.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM
at Michigan Stadium bright and early on a beautiful day, shooting a 12:00 football game that would go in the history books as "The Greatest Upset in College Football History". What a beautiful day.xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
May 10th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I was at the Jekyll Island Club thinking "ALRIGHT, the Eagles are going to get to beat a team that beat Michigan!" It was a great day!!

AppMan
May 10th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Sitting in the Big House taking it all in and loving every minute of it!

APPALACHIANstate
May 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Sitting at my brothers house, he has just got a new 52" TV. We were listening to the APP game on the radio since we have charter cable and didnt get big 10 network. It was awesome!

catamount man
May 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Sitting in my recliner watching it on tv and asking the ghost of Bob Waters to forgive me for actually pulling for ASU that day. When Lynch blocked that FG, I went nuts!!!

After I calmed down and composed myself, I started praying. "God, please let my Catamounts do the same thing to Alabama tonight. PLEASE!!!"

Needless to say..............xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

It was a great moment, I have it on tape, and I will NEVER tape over it. Good show by Appalachian State and something that they will have forever.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

blueballs
May 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I was at my coast house in Georgia fishing by myself (wife was napping)when my business partner called me during halftime and told me App was giving it to Michigan pretty good. I sped the boat back to my house and got back in right as the second half was starting. I called EagleGus2 and told him what was going on but he couldn't get the game on TV because he has Dish Network. I have DirecTV at the coast house so I could get the game...

As the final minutes and seconds (the last 5 minutes were great theatre) ticked down I was doing a play by play on the phone to EG2, who had me on speakerphone at his house, and Lord spare me for saying this, I was jumping up and down and screaming when the block occured.

My wife woke up and came running out. Seeing me going nuts with the phone in one hand and screaming, "The Hillbillies beat Michigan, the Hillbillies beat Michigan!!!!" she said, "I thought you hated App, in fact, I KNOW you do," to which I replied, "This is bigger than the rivalry, this is a win for all the little guys, I'll go back to hating them tomorrow but today is a day to toast the Hillbilies. Honey, get the moonshine out! The 10 year old good stuff I bought in Kentucky in 1998!"

And we drank a toast or 10 or 12 while watching the postgame excuses fly from the Maize and Blue and their announcers on the Big ten network...

Once sufficiently intoxicated I called one of my former employees who is in UM's law school and did a poor rendition of HiHiYakas and then one of my old teammates from our days on Team Easton who played at Michigan and REALLY gave him the business, pointing out that since GSU was the "gold standard" of the division and his boys had just lost to App, he was now, and forever more, my bitch.xlolx

This round of phone calls was repeated about a month and a half later when GSU scored the upset at Boone just to reinforce what I had pointed out before.xlolx

It was a great day for the division and an even greater day for Appalachian State... BTW, y'all are STILL our (GSU's) bitches.;)

bobbythekidd
May 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Sitting here in my living room listening to the Big 10 feed via my laptop. The Appy feed was too jerky to listen too.

GSU had a bye that week. A fellow GSU fan called me as the last minute was ticking down. He was oblivious to what was going on. I gave him a quick recap then told him, "It's going to be over in a few seconds, they are going to kick it." A long pause later as App tried to ice the kicker and I started screaming that the kick was blocked.

He started screaming at me, and I at him. After a few minutes of us doing this in each other's ear, we apologized and promised to never be so happy for App again.

APPride
May 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I was at the game with my wife watching our son play his first college football game as a true freshman (he started at DT):

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

I was there also. After the game my wife and I wondered if we had just attended the most exciting event that we would ever attend in our lifetime?

OB55
May 10th, 2008, 07:33 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/wyogem/P1010758.jpg
Climbing around the Absaroka Range Bighorn Ram hunting.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 07:39 AM
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

I was there also. After the game my wife and I wondered if we had just attended the most exciting event that we would ever attend in our lifetime?

I think you probably did. I know I did.xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Sitting here in my living room listening to the Big 10 feed via my laptop. The Appy feed was too jerky to listen too.

GSU had a bye that week. A fellow GSU fan called me as the last minute was ticking down. He was oblivious to what was going on. I gave him a quick recap then told him, "It's going to be over in a few seconds, they are going to kick it." A long pause later as App tried to ice the kicker and I started screaming that the kick was blocked.

He started screaming at me, and I at him. After a few minutes of us doing this in each other's ear, we apologized and promised to never be so happy for App again.

You loved it, you know you did.

AppFan61
May 10th, 2008, 07:59 AM

Great picture Boz! We were there!

neersnbeers
May 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
At Genos's getting a beer bath!!!!

AppFan56
May 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Great picture Boz! We were there!

I think we'll have a few more thrills before we're done buddy, but that one was something to remember (Chatty wasn't bad either)!

ASUMountaineer
May 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I was at Michigan Stadium on the front row behind the Marching Mountaineers. Hands down, the event I've ever been to. :D

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM

I got some shots of your son. Great Game from a true Freshman. What a way to start your college career.

stevdock
May 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I was watching the game with my brother who is a huge Michigan fan, who was completely devasted that Michigan's season was over and extremely excited since it was such a huge win for FCS. But then disappointed because we didn't get to take out a Big Ten team first.

phillyAPP
May 10th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I got some shots of your son. Great Game from a true Freshman. What a way to start your college career.

Way to go BOZ !!!!!

Three more years !!!!

Welcome to AGS !!!!!

Did Boz get the holding call on that picture? I bet not !

# 56 - Born and bred in New Jersey, BUT a Mountaineer NOW !!!!!!!!

Lets kick some Tiger a$$ Aug. 30 !!!!!!

ok , i know i am too charged up..... 112 days to go.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Celebrating with everyone else.xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Way to go BOZ !!!!!

Three more years !!!!

Welcome to AGS !!!!!

Did Boz get the holding call on that picture? I bet not !

# 56 - Born and bred in New Jersey, BUT a Mountaineer NOW !!!!!!!!

Lets kick some Tiger a$$ Aug. 30 !!!!!!

ok , i know i am too charged up..... 112 days to go.

No,xnodx xnodx xnodx he did not get the holding call and I can't wait to get back to Baton Rouge. I've had my reservations since the day it went on the schedule!!!

citdog
May 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I BELIEVE I WAS RUBBING ONE OUT

SeattleGriz
May 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
At the Grizzly football game waiting to hear the game update over the PA.

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I BELIEVE I WAS RUBBING ONE OUT

You're a good dog, man..xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
May 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I was at the Taste of Colorado in downtown Denver when a fellow FCS fan called an gave me the news. Couldn't believe it. And BTW that day was my birthday.

ucdtim17
May 10th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I was watching ND get racked by GT and had given up on ASU. Well at least they played em close. It was a little confusing as I didn't get any updates until after it was over. Couldn't believe it.

Then went to Cal-Tenn. That was great

brownbear
May 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I was watching ND get racked by GT and had given up on ASU. Well at least they played em close. It was a little confusing as I didn't get any updates until after it was over. Couldn't believe it.

Then went to Cal-Tenn. That was great

Same, I was watching Georgia Tech kill Notre Dame (They didn't have Big Ten Network on cable) when I saw the score on the bottom line. It was move-in day at Brown, so I didn't get to see many games or highlights until Sunday.

Grizalltheway
May 10th, 2008, 11:24 AM
App State beat Michigan? xconfusedx I believe this calls for some sort of celebration...

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10001/griz_stadium_from_above.jpg

Cobblestone
May 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I was at a Boston College game. They were playing Wake Forest and I was listening to the game (BC game that is) on my headphones when the announcer said "folks, I have some shocking news..." I kind of new what was going to be said next. It didn't take me long to spreasd the word throughout my section.

raginram
May 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM
At 3:43 I was in line at Bowman Gray Stadium waiting for the gates to open (gates opened at 4:00) WSSU was playing North Carolina A&T in two hours. We did not have the Big Ten Network so the only way was the bottom line ticker on ESPN whenever there was a Score alert. Me and my friends were in line when one of them answered his phone. It was his friend from App who told us the good news.

McNeese72
May 10th, 2008, 12:03 PM
McNeese had a night game, so we were sitting in our Geauxcowboys tailgating spot watching on TV screaming our heads off on that play. I think there were a lot of spots in the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area watch that game on TV because the whole tailgate area erupted on that play.

Doc

SideLine Shooter
May 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Guess...xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
May 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I was taking a train into College Park to watch my Wildcats play the dirty Terps.. When I found out inside the stadium it had happened I thought it was gonna be a good omen.. It wasn't but oh well..

TexasTerror
May 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Was on my second day of work at the new job. Had a Michigan fan nearby. Was keeping constant tabs and the few that knew I was a FCS writer, asked me about Appalachian State and I told them, they were a legit team. They already know I am going for ASU to beat LSU! ;)

spoogemcgee18
May 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
9-1-07 was the best day of my life. I woke with the sun that morning, too excited to sleep, and made my way down to the kitchen of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority house where I had spent the previous night (thanks ladies). I poured myself a big bowl of Cap'n Crunch and drank a beer, wondering what I had done in life to have it soooo good. I walked back upstairs to wake my girlfriend up and I noticed the giant "M" on the Michigan Stadium scoreboard towering in the distance. It was at that point that I knew it was on.

3:43 signaled a maelstrom of emotion for me. After the absolute highs of the first half, and the rock bottom low that had just taken place (the Manningham catch), it was just too much. I started laughing and hugging and crying and yelling and generally freaking out. I try not to place too much importance on something as insignificant as a sport. After all, it is just a game. But sweet baby Jesus, that was a beautiful thing.
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5616/n29700415330668552762cg6.jpg

The Moody1
May 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I was in the stands giving high fives to my wife, my eleven year old son and Avery Hall (he just happened to be sitting right behind me). Great day.

EmeryZach
May 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I was at the UMass game checking the updates on my phone and then came home and heard the last play on the App State radio.

DFW HOYA
May 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I was on a car along I-35 Central Texas listening on Sirius, which carried the Michigan network feed.

appsfan
May 10th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I was at the club, sitting by the pool listening to the game on the radio. As the game wound down, I didn't have to give updates as a crowd had gathered around to listen to the end of the game. On or about 3:43pm there was a loud roar at the pool!xcoolx

minuteman65
May 11th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I was at the UMass season opener. I remember hearing early in the game that App State was leading (?) or close and thought "What the hell?" Then later they announced the final score and everyone cheered (for the team that beat us in the NC). I was like, "What the hell?"

Husky Alum
May 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
It was my birthday.

We were at Ryan Field, Evanston IL watching Northeastern play Northwestern.

The NU-NU game ended with about a minute to go in the App State game. I followed the last few plays on my blackberry - we were in a parking lot drinking some adult beverages when the game went final on the blackberry.

Every time they showed the score at the NUSquared game, the fans cheered - on both sides.

AppMan
May 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM
After a few minutes of us doing this in each other's ear, we apologized and promised to never be so happy for App again.

What if we pull off the unthinkable again and take out LSU?

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM

It is nice to think about. It is like winning the lottery. It is not supposed to happen. We all know it can happen. It could be a great game, it could be an ugly game. Let's enjoy the game and cheer for the Mountaineers. (The Good Guys).xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

McTailGator
May 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM

I was at my tailgate spot drinking beer, eating BBQ, and watching ASU's game on the TV we had set up at the tailgate spot.

813Jag
May 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I was watching Southern beat FAMU and thinking AGS is going to be crazy. xlolx

McTailGator
May 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM

LSU would indeed be "Unthinkable".

Michigan was totally over rated at No. 2 last year.

But that is not saying that you guy's didn't out play Michigan and did not get a great and deserving win. Because you certainly did. You could see who had the fastest team out there EASILY.

What I am saing is, an LSU team that will not be better than a number 10 ranked BCS team this year will be a hell of a lot better than the undeserving No. 2 rank that Michigan had last year.

LSU remembers the 28-0 game from a couple of years ago, and I gurantee you they will be looking to make that margin of win MUCH wider this time.

But good luck, and do us all proud.

I wish it were McNeese playing them and ASU playing UNC, even though I think we can win and you can not.

I'D RATHER HAVE THE BIGGER PAY DAY THAT YOU GUY'S ARE GOING TO GET THAN THE SMALLER CHECK AND THE POSSIBLE WIN.

IF McNeese wins it will not be that big of a deal vs a bad UNC team from the ACC. Nothing like what you guys did last year vs a Big 10 team.

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM

But that is not saying you guy's out played Michigan and did not get a great and deserving win.

What I am saing is, an LSU team that will not be better than a number 10 ranked BCS team this year will be a hell of a lot better than the undeserving No. 2 rank that Michigan had last year.

LSU remembers the 28-0 game from a couple of years ago, and I gurantee you they will be looking to make that margin of win MUCH wider this time.

I wish it were McNeese playing them and ASU playing UNC, even though I think we can win and you can not.

I'D RATHER HAVE THE BIGGER PAY DAY THAT YOU GUY'S ARE GOING TO GET THAN THE SMALLER CHECK AND THE POSSIBLE WIN.

IF McNeese wins it will not be that big of a deal vs a bad UNC team from the ACC. Nothing like what you guys did last year vs a Big 10 team.

True but, Mich was ranked #5. The ASU-LSU score from '05 was 24 -0. 14-0 going into 4th qtr. LSU played JR and the starters until 4 min to go in the game. ASU pulled its starters at the start of the 4th qtr.

appfan2008
May 11th, 2008, 08:21 AM
sitting at the wing joint over by the bowling alley with all my favorite app fans... i think that one is wings 2 go

McTailGator
May 11th, 2008, 09:41 AM
True but, Mich was ranked #5. The ASU-LSU score from '05 was 24 -0. 14-0 going into 4th qtr. LSU played JR and the starters until 4 min to go in the game. ASU pulled its starters at the start of the 4th qtr.

Your right, Don't know why I used an 8 instead of a 4. And Michigan was ranked AS HIGH AS 2 in one poll. But regardless of 2 or 5, They were 20th at best.

Just an FYI here...

LSU rotates it's 3 deep rotation throughout EVERY game. With the possible exception of the QB THAT year. Last year they rotated the QB's a lot because they were trying to get that dumb ass QB they just kicked off the team some playing time.

McNeese does the same thing, but only 2 deep due to lack of scolarships. It is not unusual to see our starters return in the final quarter of a game (except at QB) because we have been playing 2 deep (3 deep in some spots if it's a home game) all game so that our starters or fresh in the 4th Q. Even when we have a pretty big lead.

That is why we were pushing FBS ULL around the field in the 4th quarter last year, because our starters had revieved a lot of rest and our back ups were tired. Their starters were just worn out and were going down with injuries left and right when our rested starters returned to kick their xasswhipx

xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Your right, Don't know why I used an 8 instead of a 4. And Michigan was ranked AS HIGH AS 2 in one poll. But regardless of 2 or 5, They were 20th at best.

Just an FYI here...

LSU rotates it's 3 deep rotation throughout EVERY game. With the possible exception of the QB THAT year. Last year they rotated the QB's a lot because they were trying to get that dumb ass QB they just kicked off the team some playing time.

McNeese does the same thing, but only 2 deep due to lack of scolarships. It is not unusual to see our starters return in the final quarter of a game (except at QB) because we have been playing 2 deep (3 deep in some spots if it's a home game) all game so that our starters or fresh in the 4th Q. Even when we have a pretty big lead.

That is why we were pushing FBS ULL around the field in the 4th quarter last year, because our starters had revieved a lot of rest and our back ups were tired. Their starters were just worn out and were going down with injuries left and right when our rested starters returned to kick their xasswhipx

xsmiley_wix

Good points. I want to wish you guys all the luck in the world against the Tar Holes. They will NOT play ASU. They are getting better and will be better with the coach they have now. Hope you get to that game. UNC is a beautiful place and a great football atmosphere. Best of luck..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

McTailGator
May 11th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Good points. I want to wish you guys all the luck in the world against the Tar Holes. They will NOT play ASU. They are getting better and will be better with the coach they have now. Hope you get to that game. UNC is a beautiful place and a great football atmosphere. Best of luck..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Oh I'll be there.

I have been to Durham several times. One of my contractors that I use nationaly is located there.

Turns out that they will be due for a follow-up audit that very week of the game. :D

Amazing how so many of my national contractors need an audit the days right before a McNeese Out of Town game. xsmiley_wix

It helps to be the scheduler.... xlolx

BTW

If any of you ASU fans can't make the trip to Baton Rouge and want to go to a game. Where your gold ASU shirts and come tailgate with us in Chapel Hill. Let us know if you need tickets, You can probably buy them through the McNeese ticket office and we can all sit together wearing our Gold colors. That will stand out in the land of Wussy Blue.

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oh I'll be there.

I have been to Durham several times. One of my contractors that I use nationaly is located there.

Turns out that they will be due for a follow-up audit that very week of the game. :D

Amazing how so many of my national contractors need an audit the days right before a McNeese Out of Town game. xsmiley_wix

It helps to be the scheduler.... xlolx

BTW

If any of you ASU fans can't make the trip to Baton Rouge and want to go to a game. Where your gold ASU shirts and come tailgate with us in Chapel Hill. Let us know if you need tickets, You can probably buy them through the McNeese ticket office and we can all sit together wearing our Gold colors. That will stand out in the land of Wussy Blue.

Good. I like the way ASU gets Big road games near casinos. I love to schedule a game and gambling at the same time..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thanks for the invite. If I were not going to Baton Rouge I would love to be there for The Cowboys.

crusader11
May 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I was at UMASS for the UMASS vs. Holy Cross game. The entire crowd errupted when it was announced Appy State beat Michigan.

DuckDuckGriz
May 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Watching the Griz beat up on Southern Utah - when they announced the score of the Michigan-App State game the announcer said "Michigan 32....................Appalachian State.........34"

The entire stadium erupted

The only other thing I remember on that day is Dennis Dixon running for an 80 yard touchdown against Houston in the Ducks' home opener.

Grizaholic17
May 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
ha, i can't believe this is a board...but whatever. I was watching real football in Montana.

ISUMatt
May 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I had 2 High School to games to ref...when I got home with my buddy, we turned on BTN and watched the 4th Quarter

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 02:07 PM
ha, i can't believe this is a board...but whatever. I was watching real football in Montana.

I don't know. The Wofford people told me they were trying to get a football team in Montana again. I understand they even asked Wofford to move to Montana. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xshakingmadx xdizzyx

HighRyder08
May 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I was working at a Young Life camp in Weaverville! I was with about 20 fellow students and the whole camp erupted and went crazy! Best day ever!

McTailGator
May 11th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Good. I like the way ASU gets Big road games near casinos. I love to schedule a game and gambling at the same time..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thanks for the invite. If I were not going to Baton Rouge I would love to be there for The Cowboys.

Keep in mind that there are a total of 5 casino's in and around Lake Charles all within about 30 miles of Cowboy Stadium. The closes is about 5miles and one more under construction.

I'd like to see McNeese and App state get a home and home in the near future.

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind that there are a total of 5 casino's in and around Lake Charles all within about 30 miles of Cowboy Stadium. The closes is about 5miles and one more under construction.

I'd like to see McNeese and App state get a home and home in the near future.

Yes, I am aware of that. We thought we would be there last year in the second round. Didn't work out but I had already scouted out the gambling establishments. xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
May 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't know. The Wofford people told me they were trying to get a football team in Montana again. I understand they even asked Wofford to move to Montana. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xshakingmadx xdizzyx

yeah, what you said there made a lot of sense...but i didn't catch any of what kinda smack you were trying to deal.

bobbythekidd
May 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I was watching Southern beat FAMU and thinking AGS is going to be crazy. xlolxActually it was painfully slow that day. It was taking forever to get the pages to load.

slycat
May 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
In San Marcos, Texas watching the Cal Poly/Texas State game.

me too

CID1990
May 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM

I was taking advantage of your sister while you were at the bar.

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
yeah, what you said there made a lot of sense...but i didn't catch any of what kinda smack you were trying to deal.

No Smack Just Fact. Just like your original one on real football. xnodx

Mountain Panther
May 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
The only other thing I remember on that day

You need to lay off the sauce, brother.

;)

AppMan
May 11th, 2008, 10:21 PM

But that is not saying that you guy's didn't out play Michigan and did not get a great and deserving win. Because you certainly did. You could see who had the fastest team out there EASILY.

Indeed I do wish the roles were reversed. We offered to go down to Chapel Hell for a lot less than what they are paying you guys, but the Tar Holes declined. The Mountaineer Nation will be cheering for you guys big time. Yea, LSU won't be looking past ASU as nobody wants to be the next Michigan. One thing is for sure though, the most nervous guy on the field that night will be a QB, but he won't be one wearing Black & Gold.

A week before the Michigan game I was in Boone talking to ASU asst AD Jay Sutton about progress on some stadium work in anticipation of a big crowd for the home opener. Jay was telling me the game was already sold out and they didn't have a clue as to where to put everyone. I looked at him and said, "Jay what if the unthinkable happened next Saturday in Ann Arbor? Where would you put all the people then?" He shook his head and said, "I don't even want to think about it." Ran into him the week after Michigan and said, "Well it happened! Get out the shoe horn!" He smiled as big as I've ever seen anyone smile!

T-Dog
May 11th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I was taking advantage of your sister while you were at the bar.

One, I didn't drink that day, I had to work early on Sunday. xnodx

Two, my sister is fourteen. xeyebrowx xmadx

Some man the Citadel made you out to be, taking advantage of underage girls..

Appguy
May 11th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I believe the game was over by then so I was walking back victoriously to my fraternities Michigan Chapter house to watch sportscenter the rest of the day then they had a party that night even with their loss. I kept my jersey on and almost got jumped a number of times but it was worth it.

Grizaholic17
May 12th, 2008, 12:41 AM
No Smack Just Fact. Just like your original one on real football. xnodx

oh okay :)

there's nothing i like more than the twentieth cocky app fan on here. and that's an understatement. the things you guys have done to these boards. ughxrotatehx

love ya guys though! but pointless posts are not what i need.

ASU
May 12th, 2008, 01:58 AM
We love U 2 Grizaholic17.....
That wasn't your sister surely....THE Citadel guys are not allowed to do that....
McNeese....if I cannot get to Baton Rouge I might take U up on rooting for U guys in Chapel Hill.....hope U kick some Tar Butts....and I think U can do it.....the local "Big" teams do not want to take a chance on losing to a local team....not good for recruiting or attendance. They are uppity.....and think that the world revolves around themselves, just because a coalition of them got together a few years ago, and decided they could pretty much take all the TV money and set themselves up as "Potentates of the Universe". Every since the 1980's or so....they have felt superior because of their self-righteous feelings or superiority they themselves set up.

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM
oh okay :)

there's nothing i like more than the twentieth cocky app fan on here. and that's an understatement. the things you guys have done to these boards. ughxrotatehx

love ya guys though! but pointless posts are not what i need.

oh okay.

You don't think most every Montana fan has a chip on their shoulder. Some of you guys are really arrogant. You haven't proved anything lately, and that is an understatement.

I will agree that some App fans are pretty cocky. I am guilty of that myself sometimes but at this point in time w/3 consecutive National Championships, we probably have a little bit of a Right to be. We can pound our chests a little and be proud of OUR MOUNTAINEERS. They have accomplished A LOT and made US VERY, VERY PROUD to be MOUNTAINEERS.

When you have 3-consecutive National Championships and beat a top 5 FBS football team I would expect you to be proud of your team and show it too. That may never happen. So until then, suck it up and handle it.

Do you think App fans are the only ones that have pointless posts? I don't think so.

Mountain Panther
May 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
oh okay.

You don't think most every Montana fan has a chip on their shoulder. Some of you guys are really arrogant. You haven't proved anything lately, and that is an understatement.

I will agree that some App fans are pretty cocky. I am guilty of that myself sometimes but at this point in time w/3 consecutive National Championships, we probably have a little bit of a Right to be. We can pound our chests a little and be proud of OUR MOUNTAINEERS. They have accomplished A LOT and made US VERY, VERY PROUD to be MOUNTAINEERS.

When you have 3-consecutive National Championships and beat a top 5 FBS football team I would expect you to be proud of your team and show it too. That may never happen. So until then, suck it up and handle it.

Do you think App fans are the only ones that have pointless posts? I don't think so.

xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx

trusty
May 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM

I was on my toilet taking a App Statexthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
May 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I was at the Big House. It was our fifth biggest win last season.

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I was on my toliet taking a App Statexthumbsupx

Just an example of another intelligent gsu fan..xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You just crack me up!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

james_lawfirm
May 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I was there.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I had to work that day, and got word from a text message, and called a couple of other people to confirm it. I felt crummy for not being able to listen to the game, very excited that they had pulled it off, and jealous like pretty much every other GSU fan - all at the same time.

It would have been interesting to see how Paulson Stadium would react to the news, but I guess we will never know.

mountain_man
May 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I coached a high school football game in Asheville on Friday the 31st. Myself and another coach left Asheville around 10:30 PM. Several cups of coffee, and a TA truckstop shower later, we arrived in Ann Arbor. It was 8:30 AM, and the sun was shining. We stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, and picked up a paper. I remember reading the paper and getting very angry. I looked at my buddy and said, "they don't take us very seriously".

That disrespect wouldn't last throughout the day...

I was sitting in the end zone where Lynch would eventually run the blocked kick back to. I screamed and yelled, I cried, I danced with people I didn't know. Hell, I kissed my buddy in the mouth, and I think he liked it.

We walked back through the golf course/parking lot, where we were offered beers and vittles from our defeated brethern. One guy asked if I really thought we would win. I remember telling him, " I didn't drive all night to watch us lose." And that was the truth.

We were treated like kings on the way home the next day. I called into a sports radio station in Cincy and sang Hi Hi Yikas.

Safe to say, the Michigan trip was one of the highlights of my time on God's creation.

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I coached a high school football game in Asheville on Friday the 31st. Myself and another coach left Asheville around 10:30 PM. Several cups of coffee, and a TA truckstop shower later, we arrived in Ann Arbor. It was 8:30 AM, and the sun was shining. We stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, and picked up a paper. I remember reading the paper and getting very angry. I looked at my buddy and said, "they don't take us very seriously".

That disrespect wouldn't last throughout the day...

I was sitting in the end zone where Lynch would eventually run the blocked kick back to. I screamed and yelled, I cried, I danced with people I didn't know. Hell, I kissed my buddy in the mouth, and I think he liked it.

We walked back through the golf course/parking lot, where we were offered beers and vittles from our defeated brethern. One guy asked if I really thought we would win. I remember telling him, " I didn't drive all night to watch us lose." And that was the truth.

We were treated like kings on the way home the next day. I called into a sports radio station in Cincy and sang Hi Hi Yikas.

Safe to say, the Michigan trip was one of the highlights of my time on God's creation.

I believe I would have left the kissing my buddy in the mouth part out....xnodx xsmhx :(

AppGrad06
May 12th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I had been on my couch watching the VT game with my fiance (ASU class of '08). I had tried to get her to go to a bar with me to watch it but she wasn't feeling feeling well. Then when the score ticker came across and App had taken the lead I looked at her and said we are going to BDub's (the first bar in Knoxville I could think of that I knew would have the game) and she looked right back at me and said "You bet your ass we are!".

When we got there it was half time and there was one other App fan and about a dozen Michigan fans. When App won the place (minus the UM fans) erupted and the UM fans did the walk of shame, and I passed a couple of them and they looked at me decked out in full black and gold and I just said "well someone had to lose" and I walked off.

That evening when we met up with my fiends to watch the Cal/Tennessee game, we brought Maize and Blue cupcakes.

Retro
May 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Well, it was gameday at Mcneese, so everyone was tailgating and i was back and forth between my store and tailgating.. We had the game on the big flat screen at the store and as people were coming and going, they couldn't believe it was happening.. xcoolx

That was the debut game for the big ten network also..xoopsx

proasu89
May 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Glad to have you aboard, Mr. B

xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
May 12th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I was there.

I was a row behind him.xnodx

PhantomCAT
May 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I was at Texas A&M. Tailgating with some of the greatest sports fans of all. The Aggie alums we were partying with had a big screen and what seemed like 100 coolers full of beer. Drank from noon til midnight. One of the most fun things I have ever done in my life.

feb18blacksunday
May 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Section 8 row88 seat 10. Screaming my azz off. Most fun I have ever had.

Appaholic
May 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Happened to be in wife's hometown of Grand Rapids, MI day of the game returning from vacation. Went to the local sport's pub full of people wearing Michigan gear......probably safe to say I was the only person in GR wearing an App St 2005 Nat'l Champ t-shirt.......we sat in the back of the bar (near the exits)......I tried to contain my celebrations on big plays, but when Lynch block the FG, I jumped in the air yelling into cell phone giving my brother pal-by-play in Raleigh, NC.....my wife suggested we leave immediately as a stunned silence fell over the bar.....we drove home the next day and listened to Michigan talk radio (doom & gloom).....even stopped in Ann Arbor for some photos......listened to Ohio talk radio for the long stretch.....they were playing the App St fight song on every commercial fade in and fade out......was a wonderful feeling, the ultimate high......which came crashing to the ultimate low on 9-3 when my dog of 10 yrs was lost forever.....xbawlingx

Rekdiver
May 13th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I was in Row 93 at the Big House. At halftime, it was so quite that I got up and gave the UM crowd an English lesson and a geography lesson.
How to pronounce Appalachian and that Boone was in NC not Tenn. Kentucky Va or Ga. I must admit (in keeping with Corey Lynch's new Grandfather in law the Rev. Billy Graham) that I gave an oration worthy of the Rev himself. After the game, I shook hands with all the UM people who were calling us hillbillies ( wow, like we haven't heard that before) offering my profound apologies for ruining their season. Then I took another sip of jack! The thing I enjoyed the most was the total embarrasment by Um fans as I left the stadium. No one would make eye contact with us and all we could do was smile.

Now all that is history. I fully anticipate that after the LSU game someone will creat a post that asks us where they were when LSU lit us up. You know this board may dry up if we get stomped. We've talked alot of smack since that day, who wouldn't, but I'm sure our day is coming...and it will be like drinking water from a firehose.......

asu70
May 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I was at the BIG HOUSE and remember riding to the game in a shuttle bus from our hotel and all the M fans asking how close did I think App could play almighty Michigan. On the way back the M fans were very silent except a few saying... "I can't beleive how good App State's team was". Also, on the way back to North Carolina, people wanted to buy any App gear or car flags that we had at every stop we made.

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I was in Row 93 at the Big House. At halftime, it was so quite that I got up and gave the UM crowd an English lesson and a geography lesson.
How to pronounce Appalachian and that Boone was in NC not Tenn. Kentucky Va or Ga. I must admit (in keeping with Corey Lynch's new Grandfather in law the Rev. Billy Graham) that I gave an oration worthy of the Rev himself. After the game, I shook hands with all the UM people who were calling us hillbillies ( wow, like we haven't heard that before) offering my profound apologies for ruining their season. Then I took another sip of jack! The thing I enjoyed the most was the total embarrasment by Um fans as I left the stadium. No one would make eye contact with us and all we could do was smile.

Now all that is history. I fully anticipate that after the LSU game someone will creat a post that asks us where they were when LSU lit us up. You know this board may dry up if we get stomped. We've talked alot of smack since that day, who wouldn't, but I'm sure our day is coming...and it will be like drinking water from a firehose.......

Glad to hear you were sipping JACK (my buddy).

Walking back to the media lot I had to walk thru the UM BIG DONOR lot and everyone saw my ASU shirt and came out to congratulate us. It was first class all the way. Nobody said anything out of the way. It was all congratulations and wishing us well. They were sad but it is like I told a stuffy UM person in the press box before the game. He was asking me who we were and what kind of football did we play. I tried to explain to him about ASU and he didn't really comprehend, so I just said that he would see the BEST FCS FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE COUNTRY today. He still had no clue.

An experience I will remember the rest of my life.

Just a note. It was one of my twin son's birthday. The other was born on 8-31. The night before at dinner in Windsor he said "Wouldn't it be something if we beat Michigan on my birthday". I said it would be like winning the lottery. It was maybe better. After the game I made a birthday photo on the field during the celebration. His photo is in one fo my previous posts.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx

biggie
May 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Was in Big Shotz Tavern in Winston with a few hundred App fans and I think 1 Michigan fan. Lot of Beer that day.

FCS Go!
May 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM
In Lane Stadium (Virginia Tech). The Tech game was over and there were only a dozen or so people in the stands. From one of the boxes I suddenly heard lots of screaming and whooping and I knew App St had won. We went up to the press box and there were lots of media types rushing out the door- heading for Boone.

CharlestonAppFan
May 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I was down here in Mt. Pleasant at a local bar, King Street Grille with one of my buddies (he is a huge Florida fan). When we got there, the game was on one tv in the corner xnonono2x (must have been at least 30 tv's in there), and a few App people at a table by it.

I don't think I could sit down for the entire game, high fiving every App fan there...and the Bud Lights started tasting like water too xthumbsupx. By the start of the 2nd quarter, it was on 2 tv's...by halftime, about 4 tv's...by the 3rd quarter, half of them....and by the end of the game, almost every tv had the game xlolx xnodx .

I've never met more people in a bar that congratulated every one of us who had App gear on than that day. Not to mention the huge number of Ohio State fans that were giving the Michigan fans hell...the whole bar exploded when Corey blocked that kick xrotatehx

Syntax Error
May 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
My mother the UM alum was so embarassed, but I rubbed it in anyway!

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
My mother the UM alum was so embarassed, but I rubbed it in anyway!

Good for you, she earned it.....xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

lillycafe
May 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM

I was there with 109,000+ others!!!

Kiss My Apps
May 15th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Section 12, row 12 :D

http://a894.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_98e0a1a5c6a56923307835c09dba3c1d.jpg

appsfan
May 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Great picture!