PDA

View Full Version : Paul Johnson: Willing To Schedule GSU

Lehigh Football Nation
May 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
http://savannahnow.com/node/493061

Q: How about giving Georgia Southern a game. Tech has never played the Eagles in football.

A: We called them this year when we struggled for a game because Army cancelled on us. That's why we're playing Jacksonville State and Gardner Webb. I guess (GSU) was already playing Georgia and they didn't want to play two (I-A teams). But if we could work out a game, yeah that would be great.

I have no qualms about scheduling them. That's why we scheduled them at Navy (for the 2009 season). When I first left (GSU), I didn't want to play against the guys I recruited. That's a no-win situation. But now, yeah, sure. It would draw a good crowd. If you're going to play a team from that division, might as well play them.

GSU looks like they're finally getting those big games: with UGA and maybe Georgia Tech in the future. xthumbsupx

MplsBison
May 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
And then GSoU can get that game with GSU in the Georgia Dome.

Eaglesrus
May 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Guarantee you they'd have to come to Paulson first.

Bojangles
May 8th, 2008, 07:58 PM

You mean GSU can get that game with GSt in the Georgia Dome

bobbythekidd
May 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM
You mean GSU can get that game with GSt in the Georgia Dome
xhomerx

Unfortunetly, I think we lost that battle. www.gsu.edu (http://www.gsu.edu)

GSUjack
May 8th, 2008, 08:59 PM

this post might belong here...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40233

eaglewraith
May 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM

And you can lay on the turf during the GSU and Ga State game and orgasm and be happy.

catamount man
May 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM
PJ will show some love to all SoCon schools. WCU plays in Atlanta in 2011 and PJ is an alum of WCU, class of 1979. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

appfan2008
May 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
PJ will show some love to all SoCon schools. WCU plays in Atlanta in 2011 and PJ is an alum of WCU, class of 1979. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

congrats to wcu for getting that game...

Eyes of Old Main
May 9th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I think Wofford has a game scheduled with Georgia Tech in a few years, too.

catamount man
May 10th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I think Wofford has a game scheduled with Georgia Tech in a few years, too.

us, you guys, Elon and UTC all do I believe.

gt_bison
May 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
GT's FCS games scheduled to date:

2008 - Jacksonville St, Gardner-Webb
2009 - Jacksonville St
2010 - SC State
2011 - Western Carolina
2012 - (none, but do have an open date)
2013 - Elon
2014 - Wofford
2015 - (none, but do have an open date)

I'd personally love to see the Eagles come in and play the Jackets. Might even happen as early as 2012. Beating up on the likes of Samford, Jacksonville State, and Gardner-Webb is not exciting for fans and the only way they can fill seats for those games is to have high school bands come and play on the field at halftime. The new AD here is finally starting to schedule OOC against teams that should give good games (we have a home and home against Alabama in 2013 and 2014, which may be the first time Tech has played the Tide in a regular season game since we left the SEC) and fill seats. I think he's smart enough to know that FCS fans of teams in strong conferences like the SoCon travel well and could help keep the budget in balance here.