PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State get SEC Transfer from Tennessee

jstate83
May 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Was suspended from UT Team after arrest for public intox. outside a bar.
Decided not to go back.
He keep his nose clean like Brook's did, we can work with him.
I'll account that to be young and stupid this time.

WELCOME.xthumbsupx
Cause we need all the DB's and Safety's we can get.xlolx

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/78689217.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193587004028B1CDC4EF3CA02A3C6716698 284831B75F48EF45 http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/ANTONIOWARDLOW150.JPG

Cornerback
Winston-Salem (NC) Parkland

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.4 secs
Squat max: 315 pounds
GPA: 3.0
SAT: 880
Class: 2005 (High School)

Tennessee DB at JSU (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=1c2c0fa2a68b4861acc36c26240252e2&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a1c2c0fa2a68b4861acc36c26240252e2 Post%3aa13c6f80-889c-4c78-824f-d6a8ee72068e&sid=sitelife.clarionledger.com)

Yeahhhh... it's not Ryan Perrilloux.

But it is former Tennessee safety Antonio Wardlow.

Wardlow was a Scout.com three-star recruit coming out of high school in Winstom-Salem.

If you watched the Outback Bowl, he's the one the clinched the Vols win with an interception in the end zone late in the game

AppStFan76
May 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Is this a done deal? Rumor was that he was trying to transfer to App, but Jerry Moore passed. Later reports were it was undesided.

jstate83
May 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Is this a done deal? Rumor was that he was trying to transfer to App, but Jerry Moore passed. Later reports were it was undesided.

As far as all the report's around here, it's done.
I will have to go hang around on campus this evening and find out for sure.xnodx

jstate83
May 8th, 2008, 10:10 AM
And it look's like we back in this game also as of today.
I'm really don't know how to feel about this one.

He's a great QB but have proved to be a handful to handle off the field.
Nothing serious, just way to many dumb incident's.
He might need time to get his head together.

I hope having LSU football taken away from him has woke him up to reality.

Comegy looking to land LSU QB (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080508/SPORTS030101/805080374/1073)

Jackson State football coach Rick Comegy said his staff is in talks with Ryan Perrilloux and hopes to have the former LSU quarterback on campus for a visit within the next two weeks.

Perrilloux, who was dismissed from the LSU team last week, is a hot commodity among Division I-AA programs after ESPN reported the player wants to move down a division and have two full years of eligibility remaining. ESPN's Joe Schad said a person close to Perrilloux indicated he is "strongly considering" Jackson State, Alabama A&M and Valdosta State

AppStFan76
May 8th, 2008, 10:18 AM
As far as all the report's around here, it's done.
I will have to go hang around on campus this evening and find out for sure.xnodx

Keep us postedxthumbsupx

3rd Coast Tiger
May 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Just imagine the matchup:

Houston, TX (Reliant Stadium)

Texas Southern Tigers (Bobby Reid) vs Jackson State Tigers (Ryan Perrilloux)

ESPN would definitley pick this game up.

JackTwice
May 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
"is a hot commodity among Division I-AA programs"

"strongly considering" Jackson State, Alabama A&M and Valdosta State

I would think if he were such a "hot commodity" he would have more opportunities than this.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I would think if he were such a "hot commodity" he would have more opportunities than this.

Hotheads only get so many chances.....

Besides....Ryan P won't sit out a year....

And we KNOW there's a catch to P's reasoning somewhere....

Lionsrking
May 8th, 2008, 11:24 PM

More like a "hot potato" than "hot commodity."

rjg129
May 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I watched Wardlow play in HS, i thought he was better suited for FCS football anyway. IMO he did not have the speed or game ability to be a big contributer at a school like UT. Im happy that he was able to get some playing time while there, but i always thought he was taking a big risk going to UT.

CSUBUCDAD
May 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
At this rate it won't be long before Jax becomes the "thug U" of the FCS. Look what happened to U of Miami when they disregarded character and only worried about athletic ability.

AppStFan76
May 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
At this rate it won't be long before Jax becomes the "thug U" of the FCS. Look what happened to U of Miami when they disregarded character and only worried about athletic ability.

I have heard that the reason A. Wardlow is transfering, is not because he's a trouble maker, granted he got in trouble for getting in a fight. He is primarily transfering due to lack of play time. I wouldnt call one offense for getting in a fight at a night club being a "thug".

As for Ryan Perrilloux....maybe thug maybe not....yeah probably a thug!xsmiley_wix

jstate83
May 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM

And you have been to JSU when?
I can name school's in FCS that fit that title now.

Come to JSU, your arse straighten up or you gone.
Did you hear of any more incident's out of Frost, Haw, Brook's.

Thought not.
We actually look out for our player here OFF THE FIELD also.

jstate83
May 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I have heard that the reason A. Wardlow is transfering, is not because he's a trouble maker, granted he got in trouble for getting in a fight. He is primarily transfering due to lack of play time. I wouldnt call one offense for getting in a fight at a night club being a "thug".

As for Ryan Perrilloux....maybe thug maybe not....yeah probably a thug!xsmiley_wix

xthumbsupx on the first part.

RP is a sticking point with me.
I wonder if this kid's head is on str8 enough to realize this is his last chance.xeyebrowx

CSUBUCDAD
May 9th, 2008, 02:20 PM
And you have been to JSU when?
I can name school's in FCS that fit that title now.

Come to JSU, your arse straighten up or you gone.
Did you hear of any more incident's out of Frost, Haw, Brook's.

Thought not.
We actually look out for our player here OFF THE FIELD also.

Not necessarily bad mouthing JSU I would just hate to see it fall into the same situation that Miami did a few years ago under Coker.

jcf5445
May 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080509/SPORTS030102/805090353/1287/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

It looks like JSU will probably land another SEC player, but he probably won't be eligible until 2009.

jstate83
May 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Not necessarily bad mouthing JSU I would just hate to see it fall into the same situation that Miami did a few years ago under Coker.

You can believe the fan's and AD Braddy is keeping a close eye on things.
When we bought in Brook's for example, he was told from the beginning that he was on the shortest of short ropes after his problems in Tennessee.
Brook's was a model citizen his first year and rose to defensive captain last year.
HE DIDN'T SHOW 1 HINT OF FOOLISHNESS WHILE HE WAS HERE.

We will give most a 2nd chance but they better not blow it.
So far, we have not had any problems once the rules were set down.

jstate83
May 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080509/SPORTS030102/805090353/1287/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

It looks like JSU will probably land another SEC player, but he probably won't be eligible until 2009.

That kid there was just dumb.
Up there with his buddy and let the moment take away what should have been a NFL BOUND Senior season at Mississippi State.

His boy out there clowning with a gun because someone bumped his car or said something to him and then his boy popped off a shot in the air.
Miss. State security discovered a gun in Micheal's car and that is what they got him for.

The guy has been at Mississippi State for all those years, never been suspended for rules, classes or nothing, and let a dummy take him down the wrong path.

Good Kid that went on brain lock.xsmhx

AppStFan76
May 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think most kids that transfer know they had better not screw up or their done.

Cause who would take them if they try to transfer a 3rd time?

jcf5445
May 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
That kid there was just dumb.
Up there with his buddy and let the moment take away what should have been a NFL BOUND Senior season at Mississippi State.

His boy out there clowning with a gun because someone bumped his car or said something to him and then his boy popped off a shot in the air.
Miss. State security discovered a gun in Micheal's car and that is what they got him for.

The guy has been at Mississippi State for all those years, never been suspended for rules, classes or nothing, and let a dummy take him down the wrong path.

Good Kid that went on brain lock.xsmhx

Unfortunately Mike Brown won't be able to transfer to an FCS program because he only has one year of eligibility left. It's his buddy defensive tackle Quentin Wesley that is looking at transferring to Jackson State.

jstate83
May 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately Mike Brown won't be able to transfer to an FCS program because he only has one year of eligibility left. It's his buddy defensive tackle Quentin Wesley that is looking at transferring to Jackson State.

Yeah.
Too bad a moment of bad judgement has hurt that kid.
I don't take up for dumbarses, but every once in a while, you get a good kid that truely messed up in a way you would never imagine.

I really hope Micheal get's a second chance.
Anybody that get's him if they could would never have any trouble out of him.
I'll bet money on that.