PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina @ GaSouthern

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM
With 4:16 remaining in the first quarter.
GSU-14
WCU-7

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
With 12:35 remaining in the 2nd quarter.
GSU-21
WCU-7

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
@ The Half.
GSU-28
WCU-7

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
With 10:28 remaining in the 3rd quarter.
GSU-35
WCU-7

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
With 1:54 remaining in the 3rd quarter.
GSU-38
WCU-7

Dang, I hate the option.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
With 1:54 remaining in the 3rd quarter.
GSU-38
WCU-7

Dang, I hate the option.
If you can't stop the option on defense..... you are in for a loonngg day.

SpiritCymbal
October 8th, 2005, 01:43 PM
If you can't stop the option on defense..... you are in for a loonngg day.

As opposed to stoping the option on offense? :D

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:22 PM
:cool: :p

Final
GSU 45
WCU 7

ouch

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Final
GSU 45
WCU 7
Don't say I didn't tell you so. I said WCU might get shut out. That's 17 points in the last three games total. The Cats are battling the Hens for worst offense in I-AA right now.

GSU Eagle
October 8th, 2005, 03:55 PM
This GSU win today really surprised me. I thought WCU's defense would make it tough on our offense today, but we were not really stopped all day until in the 2nd half when the subs were put in.

The last 3 weeks the total has been: GSU 142 Opponents 24.

Well our season-changing game (1 way or the other) is next Saturday at Appalachian.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Word is that Western's injured player (sorry, can't remember the name) is able to move and will spend the night at the hospital in Statesboro. That could have been terrible...

ChiefGSU275
October 8th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Eddie Cohen is his name. It was amazing to hear how quiet the stadium got, almost immediately after that play. I wish him the best, and hope he has a speedy and successful recovery.

sceagle
October 8th, 2005, 07:02 PM
That was the scariest thing I've ever seen at a football game. The sound the hit made is glued to my brain. That took the wind out of the whole stadium. You feel bad yelling at a team after you see that happen to one of their players.

ChiefGSU275
October 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah, that sound was very...disturbing. As soon as it happened, i was thinking, 'oh boy..."

eaglesrthe1
October 8th, 2005, 08:24 PM
It sounded to me ...like a far off thunderclap. Very scary. :(

CatamountBK
October 8th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I didn't even get to hear the radio broadcast since I was sleeping the vodka off from friday night. Sucks to hear the offense forgot to show up yet again....I'm sure there's a 10 year old cancer patient around our area with the desire to call a few plays...

:o

DotCat
October 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I feel like I'm in a submision hold and trying to tap out but nobody will release the hold.

WE SUCK!!!!!

catamount man
October 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Actually, our offense had a few good drives yesterday. We moved the ball better against GSU than we did against Citadel, but the defense was lost all day long. I haven't seen our D play that bad in a long time! The hit on Cohen was scary, and yes, you could've heard a pin drop in Paulson Stadium. As I saw his dad sprint across the field to be with him while they loaded him on the cart, I had to literally fight back tears. Kudos to both teams and staff and the medical people at GSU! While we got drubbed by 38, I still don't see us as that bad of a team. With 4 games left, we can still knock out a decent record IF, IF, AND AGAIN, IF we can find some sort of offense. FWIW, Josh Lee didn't look bad in backup duty and we may see J.C.Brown moved over to QB if Clark isn't 100% by Chattanooga. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 9th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Actually, our offense had a few good drives yesterday. We moved the ball better against GSU than we did against Citadel, but the defense was lost all day long. I haven't seen our D play that bad in a long time! The hit on Cohen was scary, and yes, you could've heard a pin drop in Paulson Stadium. As I saw his dad sprint across the field to be with him while they loaded him on the cart, I had to literally fight back tears. Kudos to both teams and staff and the medical people at GSU! While we got drubbed by 38, I still don't see us as that bad of a team. With 4 games left, we can still knock out a decent record IF, IF, AND AGAIN, IF we can find some sort of offense. FWIW, Josh Lee didn't look bad in backup duty and we may see J.C.Brown moved over to QB if Clark isn't 100% by Chattanooga. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The defense you shouldn't be too mad at...our offense is on fire and going to be very difficult to stop. It's not like defending aginst Furman. On the other hand, I don't know if I give as much credit to our defense...still some sloppy tackling... and some poor blocking and losing your starting quarterback created problems for the WCU offense. I do hope our guys get better before we have to play App. St. this weekend.

Kill'em
October 9th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yeas, I was really impressed with the classy acts by both teams and the fans while the medics attended to Cohen. I couldn't hear the hit and I didn't see it either but I knew it was not good when he laid there, not moving and one of WCU's trainers starts frantically yelling at the sideline. Glad to hear he is able to move his extremities.

I still think Western has a good team. Coach Sewak surprised all of us by running very little option. Instead, he went deep into the playbook to throw plays and formations at WCU that they probably hadn't prepared to see.

BigCatFan
October 9th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I still think Western has a good team. Coach Sewak surprised all of us by running very little option. Instead, he went deep into the playbook to throw plays and formations at WCU that they probably hadn't prepared to see.

Same thing our coach said on his post-game radio interview. Yet it's baffling that GSU ALWAYS throws TD passes against Western. Every year, every game, it's the same thing. You know it's coming. We know it's coming. Everyone in your stadium or ours knows it coming. And we just get sucked in again, and again, and again.

I didn't expect much of an offensive show from the Cat's. But I did expect a heck of a lot more out of our defense.

OL FU
October 9th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Great win for the Eagles.

Someone keep us updated on the player who was hurt. .

Kill'em
October 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Same thing our coach said on his post-game radio interview. Yet it's baffling that GSU ALWAYS throws TD passes against Western. Every year, every game, it's the same thing. You know it's coming. We know it's coming. Everyone in your stadium or ours knows it coming. And we just get sucked in again, and again, and again.

I didn't expect much of an offensive show from the Cat's. But I did expect a heck of a lot more out of our defense.
We need to do this more often.

McNeese75
October 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
So, Kill'em, Is the Eagle Nation still calling for your head Coach's head on a stick after the last few games?????? ;)

Kill'em
October 9th, 2005, 06:57 PM
For the record, I never wanted him fired, but others wanted to kill him and everyone he loves. For the time being , he is off the hook. We had better win in Boone next week or the angry mob will be back out.

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
For the record, I never wanted him fired, but others wanted to kill him and everyone he loves. For the time being , he is off the hook. We had better win in Boone next week or the angry mob will be back out.

gotta love those fair weather fans, they have no sense of history and parody

ps- not saying thats you

blueballs
October 10th, 2005, 08:08 AM
So, Kill'em, Is the Eagle Nation still calling for your head Coach's head on a stick after the last few games?????? ;)

Paul Johnson summed it up best when he was at the GSU helm: "All they ask is that you win one game per week and everybody will be happy."

RE: Sewak. At GSU coaches are judged by wins in November and December, not September and October. The jury is still out...

McNeese75
October 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM

:D I here ya, a winning tradition can be a MF for a coach!!

GSUBass
October 10th, 2005, 09:44 AM

Put me in the corner of GSU fans who had no clue what the heck was going on when we lined up trips with Foster as a receiver. The WCU cornerbacks eyes were as big as dish plates, everybody around me was wondering "what the heck is going on?"

And that passing touchdown on 4th and 1 (our first drive)...I was definitely expecting the give to Jermaine up the middle. He'd been good for 5 yards or more a carry up to that point.

SoCon48
October 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM

Don't feel pregnant. I haven't checked yet, but I'll bet the fair weather angry mob is back in Boone for Moore's head after the Apps lost by 3 to a team 10 places higher at Furman.

I'm reserving my own fair weather angriness for when we lose to an Elon or a Chatt.

eaglesrthe1
October 10th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Put me in the corner of GSU fans who had no clue what the heck was going on when we lined up trips with Foster as a receiver. The WCU cornerbacks eyes were as big as dish plates, everybody around me was wondering "what the heck is going on?"

The defensive backs were running back and forth...Foster of Austin...Foster or Austin...I can't decide!! They looked like they had dynamite sticks tied to their shirttails. :D :D

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM
The defensive backs were running back and forth...Foster of Austin...Foster or Austin...I can't decide!! They looked like they had dynamite sticks tied to their shirttails. :D :D

both are averaging around 130 a game, thats put them 3rd and 4th respectively in the nation, what the hell is that :eek:

Baldy
October 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
both are averaging around 130 a game, thats put them 3rd and 4th respectively in the nation, what the hell is that :eek:

Balance. ;)

ButlerGSU
October 10th, 2005, 02:14 PM
From the looks of the Furman/ASU game on Saturday we had better bring our A game to stop ASU's Williams. He looks like an excellent athlete all around. It will be a war in Boone Saturday no doubt.

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
From the looks of the Furman/ASU game on Saturday we had better bring our A game to stop ASU's Williams. He looks like an excellent athlete all around. It will be a war in Boone Saturday no doubt.

richie is the best runner on the team and has a gun, just ask furman about last years game, he's also one of the most accurate passers i've ever seen, no matter the division, if app can slow down gsu's rushing attack, they should be able to win, don't think gsu could win it through the air

GSUBass
October 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I think it depends on the situation. If we have to go to the air to come from behind....then no I don't see GSU pulling out a win. If it's to keep pace or pull ahead of App. then yes, I can see GSU winning through the air.

We didn't have over 100 yards passing last week, but we did have 3 touchdown passes.

straightshooter
October 10th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Let's see. What else did GSU do that was very un-GSUlike? These should give Appy something to think about: double tight end set, no huddle, trips right and left with Foster as a receiver, quick snap and what was it, six for six on fourth down conversions? Sewak promises a few new wrinkles too.

By the way, I don't think the score will be 54-7 GSU like last year at Paulson, but I do think that Appy will be surprised by this year's speed at the skill positions. We're faster than last year, and Foster's quickness on his cuts is sickening.

What were those 40 times again? Foster - 4.35; Maynard - 4.38; Jefferson - 4.37; Craft - 4.4; McCutcheon - 4.4; Austin at 215 lbs. - 4.48. If Appy can stop that speed, they'll be well on their way to a win.

This thing might be a track meet on both sides. Appy has great skill people on offense too, so it looks like it will be up to which defense shows up the most.

eaglesrthe1
October 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Austin at 215 lbs. - 4.48

The last time Austin went 4.48...was at a drag strip. Ain't no way.

ButlerGSU
October 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
richie is the best runner on the team and has a gun, just ask furman about last years game, he's also one of the most accurate passers i've ever seen, no matter the division, if app can slow down gsu's rushing attack, they should be able to win, don't think gsu could win it through the air

The key for a GSU win is simple, don't fumble. If we can hold on to the ball we will be able to move it.

straightshooter
October 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Nope. Timed before the season officially at 4.48 according to his dad. Maybe he's right. Maybe not, but Jermaine is faster this year than at any time in his career.

I was wrong about the six for six on fourth down against WCU. It was actually seven for seven.

pete4256
October 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Nope. Timed before the season officially at 4.48 according to his dad. Maybe he's right. Maybe not, but Jermaine is faster this year than at any time in his career.

He must have run with a gale at his back.

At least he didn't look super fast getting run down from behind by Northeastern (twice).

Not that he's slow, but he ain't Joe Ross.

Don't forget that Chaz ran a 4.27 for a pro scout last year. 40 times aren't the bible when it comes to football speed.

DemiGS
October 10th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Any WCU fans out there that can update us on the injured kid? All the information I've heard thus far is that he can move his fingers. Can I assume he is back home now?? I was not at the game because I’m nowhere near Statesboro right now, but I watched it on TV. Given that, I probably got a better view of the situation then the folks in the crowd. Let me tell you the guy was twitching badly after he lay there a while. I just kept thinking he had a basilar skull fracture of the kind everyone came to know after Dale Earnheart died. The blow looked like it was to the bottom rear of his head.

Kill'em
October 11th, 2005, 07:12 PM
gotta love those fair weather fans, they have no sense of history and parody

ps- not saying thats you
No problem. I love MY Eagles no matter what! I am very tired of the negative talk. Those nay-sayers call us "yes" men because we don't want to hang, not only Coach Sewak, but not add AD Sam Baker to the gallows. It's not time to panic. Those of us true fans have tried to point out that this team is very young and will get better. So far, we're right :)

Kill'em
October 11th, 2005, 07:15 PM
:D I here ya, a winning tradition can be a MF for a coach!!
I feel bad for Coach Sewak. He is going through the same thing Coach Stowers went through. Stowers followed Erk Russell while Sewak followed Paul Johnson. Not a good situation to be in, especially when it's your first head coaching job. :eek:

DotCat
October 11th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Our injured players Clark and Cohen both had concussions. Won't practice this week but should be back by the UTC game. Thank goodness for an open week. We also had some defensive injuries that could be season ending.

Kill'em
October 12th, 2005, 07:26 PM
That is great news!