PDA

View Full Version : Delaware/Hofstra

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Underway! Hofstra with the ball on their own 45.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Radio link....

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:12 AM
94.7 The River (http://www.wrdx.com/pages/hensfootball.html)

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
What a surprise, HU long pass down to 16 yard line...

Hens hold HU to FG attempt, botched snap, Hens ball.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 11:16 AM
What a surprise, HU long pass down to 16 yard line...

Hens hold HU to FG attempt, botched snap, Hens ball.
What's the tub gonna be like with all this rain, the field didn't look stellar against Lehigh (assuming Newark is getting it too)

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:17 AM
I'm sure the field is awful.

Another surprise, Hens 3 and out...

bright spot is a freshman walk-on punter boots a 50 yard punt!!!

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM
What am I missing about the audio. I click "listen live" and get nothing.

th0m
October 8th, 2005, 11:24 AM

I had the same thing, here's the Hofstra link:

http://www.hofstra.edu/CampusL/WRHU/wrhu_stream.cfm

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Teams exchange ball, UD punters pins them at the 9. So far he's the big story. :D

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Great. Thank you.

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM
It's a pop-up screen. If you have pop-ups blocked that could be the problem.

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hofstra held again and punts.

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 11:36 AM
There are going to be some pissed Hen fans. Run, run, incomplete, punt.

However, 40 yard punt fair caught at 8. How did this guy not get a schollie?! :p

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 11:53 AM
I have never heard of a defense giving up as many first downs on third and long as this UD squad.

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hofstra finally gets decent field position with that 4th and 1 stop.

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I'm not rooting for Hofstra by the way. Go UD.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
UD pick ball at HU 30

Jaxhen
October 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Where is Niquan Lee? You should have your power runner in there with these conditions.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a mud bowl, it will be fun to see the pics of this game

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Where is Niquan Lee? You should have your power runner in there with these conditions.

Very good question.

DC 'gater
October 8th, 2005, 12:15 PM
What's the tub gonna be like with all this rain, the field didn't look stellar against Lehigh (assuming Newark is getting it too)

Watching on Comcast. The field is a disaster.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Hofstra hits a 48 yd FG

Hofstra 3
UD 0

1:22 to go in Half

Jaxhen
October 8th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, great kick in those conditions.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM
So far this season, the UD offense hasn't shown up until the second half. We'll see if they show at all today. I know the conditions make things difficult on O, but Hofsta has at least shown some capability to move the ball.

Chi Panther
October 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Just turned on the game.....wow...very muddy. BUt not as muddy as the Lehigh and Holy Cross game.

I really love having EVERY TV channel

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Half, Hofstra still up 3-0

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Nice home cooking move by the clock operator to give Delaware the time to line up fior their game tying FG......3-3 at the half.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Nice home cooking move by the clock operator to give Delaware the time to line up fior their game tying FG......3-3 at the half.
Sportnetwork must have it wrong, they have 3-0 at half, I was listnin' to the game but I got cut out right after UD completed a pass inside the Hofstra 5 with a few secs to go :(

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Watching on Comcast. The field is a disaster.
Holy ****, the Hens are on my TV!! :eek: :eek: Talk to you guys later.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hofstra driving, first down at UD 25

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Holy ****, the Hens are on my TV!! :eek: :eek: Talk to you guys later.
What, no computer in the living room?

Jaxhen
October 8th, 2005, 01:01 PM

The refs stopped the clock on the first down. It had nothing to do with the clock operator.

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
The clock wound down to 0......the refs had to reset the clock which gave Delaware time to get back to the line and set everything up without hurrying.

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Oh man, I have this game on Comcast in Charlottesville!

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Got my channel return between the UVA game on ABC and this game on Comcast. Heaven...if the Cavs can turn their game around...

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:13 PM
UD FG

Now up 6-3 with 5 to go in third

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:14 PM
The clock wound down to 0......the refs had to reset the clock which gave Delaware time to get back to the line and set everything up without hurrying.
I wouldn't say homerism, just poor timekeeping, UD would have had a good chance to spike the ball if the clock was stopped on time

Jaxhen
October 8th, 2005, 01:14 PM

It was a first down. All they had to do was spike it to stop the clock with a couple seconds.

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 01:16 PM
You can argue with me until you are blue in the face....I was watching the game. The commentators said the same thing and Gardi was discussing it with the refs as well..... :rolleyes:

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM
TD Hofstra!! QB takes it in from a couple yards out...

Extra point is good:

Hofstra 10
Delaware 6

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
End of 3, still Hofstra by 3, they also have a 3rd and 8 from the UD 48

Sam Adams
October 8th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Pride by 4 with possession in the 4th. Great mudball game.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:48 PM
UD with ball at Hofstra 15, still down 4 halfway thru fourth

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM
UD goes for it on fourth.... incomplete

Hofstra ball at their own 17

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 01:52 PM
The internet stream must be a minute or two delay. Hansel keeps telling me what happened before it happens... :p

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 01:55 PM
The internet stream must be a minute or two delay. Hansel keeps telling me what happened before it happens... :p
I'm ahead of you??? I'm listin' on the net too. I know what you're saying though, when following NDSU game threads on bisonville.com, the guys listening to over the air radio always post what has happenned before I hear it

Sam Adams
October 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM
UD trails by 4 Pride with the ball at midfield 1 and 10 and 4:34 LTP.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 01:58 PM
It must be my slow, outdated computer then. :)

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:03 PM
It must be my slow, outdated computer then. :)
I just got a new Apple IIe ... it is really fast :p

Hostra punts, UD Ball at their own 33

2:52 to go

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Anyone watching the game on TV like me? I still can't believe that punt that was snapped over the punters head, then he ran back, picked it up and clocked it right before being hit! It was amazing! Can't believe its his first game. Guess they're glad they didn't stick with Riccio! :D

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Riccio is now 17-42 for 215 yards...yikes.

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 02:07 PM
This play is the game.

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 02:07 PM
1st down Blue Hens!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Anyone watching the game on TV like me? I still can't believe that punt that was snapped over the punters head, then he ran back, picked it up and clocked it right before being hit! It was amazing! Can't believe its his first game. Guess they're glad they didn't stick with Riccio! :D

It is a bad sign, though, when a Freshman, walk-on punter playing his first game is the bright spot for your team.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
UD converts a fourth and 10, now at Hofstra 25

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Now with a first at the 16

1:33 to go

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:14 PM
UD 1st and G at the four
incomplete

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
2nd down, tipped... incomplete

3 and goal from the four

catbob
October 8th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Delaware 4/18 on 3rd downs??

Make that 4/19

4th and goal!

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Wow....someone's gonna beat Delaware at the Tub! Definitely a rebuilding season for the Hens.

catbob
Game.

Hofstra.

blur2005
Hofstra will win. Wow. What a game.

Hansel
Riccio slips and falls on Fourth Down

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Gardi looks like he was getting stuck in the mud walking onto the field......LOL.

Sam Adams
October 8th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Game Over Hoftstra hangs on 10-6 to spoil UD's homecoming.

Good win for Hofstra. UD looks young, but I would not want to be the richmond spiders coming into the Tub next Saturday.

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
October 8th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I just wouldn't want to be the Richmond Spiders period.

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 02:35 PM
The Hens are just not good. Defense doesn't tackle well, Sonny just can't hit receivers, the playcalling is very predictible and poor... the kicking game is just about the only bright spot. The Hens will have a tough time getting to 6-5.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Game Over Hoftstra hangs on 10-6 to spoil UD's homecoming.

Good win for Hofstra. UD looks young, but I would not want to be the richmond spiders coming into the Tub next Saturday.
from the sounds of the field conditions, i don't think anyone is going to want to play at the tub next sat

Tribefan
October 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Why not put the ball in Omar's hands in those last few downs?

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Why not put the ball in Omar's hands in those last few downs?
Believe me, I was yelling at the TV saying, here we go again... just like the JMU game last year. 1st and goal at the 4 and you line up with an empty backfield on the first two downs. :cool:

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Believe me, I was yelling at the TV saying, here we go again... just like the JMU game last year. 1st and goal at the 4 and you line up with an empty backfield on the first two downs. :cool:
I hate 4/5 wideouts near the goal line, always been a fan of a goal line formation, running the ball and playaction/bootleg etc.

Sam Adams
October 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I don't understand the offensive philosophy of the ud coaching staff. 1 down goal to go with over a minute to play and you don't set up a power run for Omar Cuff ? The UD Oline was getting punked but still that is gutcheck time. Riccio was a nervous nelly trying to execute and with nobody in the backfield, Hofstra's superb LBs were able to just pin their ears back and apply the pressure. Seems like UD played right into the strength of Hofstra's D and away from the UD offensive strength (Cuff). KC has some splainin' to do.

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Hofstra's superb LBs were able to just pin their ears back and apply the pressure.
48 was a beast. :nod:

ChickenMan
October 8th, 2005, 03:52 PM
There were a lot a coaching decisions that could have been questioned... most notably the failure to attempt to run the ball with a 1st & goal inside the 5. But all that aside... I knew going into the season that this UD team was going to have be a lot better in October & November than they were in September or it was going to be a long year... unfortunately I have not seen any measurable improvement since their opening win over Lehigh. I haven't given up all hope of eventually seeing some of that needed improvement... but realistically the way things stand right now... UD will need some very good fortune the rest of the way to avoid a losing year.

PS... the deplorable condition of the UD field was an embarrassment and it looks like it will only get worse as the year goes on.

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Absolutely agree regarding the field. This is a program that draws 23,000 every week (well, not today), and the field looked like some torn up high school field in Northern Maine. No more jokes about URI's field from the Delaware fans I guess.....

zymergy
October 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
And four...not one... not two... but four back to back passes????

Yes the defense looked really bad not tackling...yes Riccio can't seem to be consistant and throws behind or low to most receivers...but none of that mattered when it was 1st and goal on the 5. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Delaware Ghostrider II
October 9th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Same here....how in the world can you be at the 4 yard line....1st and goal....and pass 4 straight times?!?!?!?!? Not one rushing attempt..not one QB sneak NOTHING??!?!?!?!?! IS it show much Riccio or the backs ...or the Defense...how bout some coaches making some TERRIBLE calls??????? :mad:

Umass74
October 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I agree. If you've got a Baylark or Cuff, and it's first and four on the four, then bang your studd RB in there all four times...

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I agree. If you've got a Baylark or Cuff, and it's first and four on the four, then bang your studd RB in there all four times...
Coaches can't win. Last week. Missouri State fans were griping because their coach did not try a pass play when they had second and goal at the one yard line. They pounded it 3 times and got stuffed.

Delaware Ghostrider II
October 9th, 2005, 10:19 AM
They have NO EXCUSE that they can make....it was just bad football! As much as I criticize Sonny everyweek....I cant blame him this week and that breaks my heart...lol. But it really wasn't his fault this time.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 9th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Same here....how in the world can you be at the 4 yard line....1st and goal....and pass 4 straight times?!?!?!?!? Not one rushing attempt..not one QB sneak NOTHING??!?!?!?!?! IS it show much Riccio or the backs ...or the Defense...how bout some coaches making some TERRIBLE calls??????? :mad:

Worse than that is that they lined up with an empty backfield! If you are going to throw the ball on 1st and goal from the four (percentage wise a running down), why not do it off of play action to Cuff who they will certainly be keying on?

Sam Adams
October 9th, 2005, 10:52 AM
To line up with an empty backfield at the 4 is questionable strategy especially when your best player is a RB. To unsuccessfuly run that same play 4 times in a row is plain old stick your head in the sand BAD playcalling. To line up w/an empty backfield and unsuccessfully run the same play 4 times in a row AND not be able to block the same LB 4 times in a row is just unbelievable complete FUBAR.

Who the heck is in charge of that team? Did they not notice #48 coming right into the backfield each and every time they tried that play? Either you figure out a way to block that guy or you will not successfully run that play. After 2 times didn't somebody have the common sense to say - it ain't working KC...Run a different damn play coach...Get Omar Cuff the Ball and 1 frikken block!!!!

89Hen
October 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Coaches can't win. Last week. Missouri State fans were griping because their coach did not try a pass play when they had second and goal at the one yard line. They pounded it 3 times and got stuffed.
We're not even talking about draw, draw, draw, draw... but at least the threat of a draw, play action, option, shuffle pass..... anything but wide, shotgun formation, empty backfield...

Delaware Ghostrider II
October 9th, 2005, 11:20 AM
EXACTLY!!!!......Look at this....94.7 before the game they said Omar was the #1 rusher in the Atlantic 10.....#7 in the country!!!!!......and #1 scorer in the country!!! How in the HELL do you not at least give him one shot!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad: