PDA

View Full Version : Texas Southern fans

tsugreg14
May 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
What's up everybody? One of my friends transferred to Texas Southern awhile back, and I'd like to learn about the program and team. Who are some returning players to watch? What type of offense will coach Cole be bringing to the team? I'd be happy to read whatever info you guys can provide. Go Tigers! xcoolx

813Jag
May 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM
What's up everybody? One of my friends transferred to Texas Southern awhile back, and I'd like to learn about the program and team. Who are some returning players to watch? What type of offense will coach Cole be bringing to the team? I'd be happy to read whatever info you guys can provide. Go Tigers! xcoolx
Welcome to the board.

Their big addition is QB Bobby Reid. I don't know much about their returning players. I do know that Cole will bring his HOBO offense to Houston. The Tigers will put up good numbers in his system. It's too early to predict how they'll fare this season.

TexasTerror
May 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
There's one or two others TxSo fans on this board (3rd Coast Tiger and newboy, I believe). Make sure to check out the Houston Chronicle's area blog as there have been a few TxSo posts on there as of late...

3rd Coast Tiger
May 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM
tsugreg14,

We don't talk too much Texas Southern business over here so I recommend going over to www.tspnsports.com and get more news on the Tigers. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
You must want to keep Texas Southern out of the public light of the FCS community? Wonder why.

Don't worry, we'll discuss Texas Southern all season long and all off-season long. The good. The bad. We cover all bases here of all FCS programs from Monmouth to Prairie View and San Diego to Campbell.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
You must want to keep Texas Southern out of the public light of the FCS community? Wonder why.

Don't worry, we'll discuss Texas Southern all season long and all off-season long. The good. The bad. We cover all bases here of all FCS programs from Monmouth to Prairie View and San Diego to Campbell.

Let me refraise my comment:

If you want to find several threads and topics on Texas Southern football on a DAILY basis tsugreg14, please visit www.tspnsports.com. How's that TT? xrolleyesx

tsugreg14
May 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
813Jag: Thanks for the welcome. I know about Bobby (that's where the 14 comes from); he'll do great things for the team. He's got what it takes to make it to the NFL, so hopefully he can put up some major numbers and create some buzz for the draft (like Joe Flacco or Tarvaris Jackson).

3rd Coast Tiger: I've been to TSPN several times, and I read it alot; I just can't ever get an account validated over there. I've registered, but I never get the e-mail that tells me my account is validated.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
3rd Coast Tiger: I've been to TSPN several times, and I read it alot; I just can't ever get an account validated over there. I've registered, but I never get the e-mail that tells me my account is validated.

That's strange. xconfusedx

Anyway, you may need to change your username as Bobby will more than likely change his jersey number. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm curious to see how Bobby Reid does. As has been noted on here, Texas Southern doesn't have the greatest schedule in the world. They did upgrade when they added Arkansas State and Texas State - San Marcos, so those games will definitely gain the added attention of the scouts. He'll have to perform in those games and do an exemplary job against the SWAC schools...

Does he have the tools around him to succeed? Not sure. Does he have a web site to tout his success? We know he doesn't at this point. It's unfortunate.

813Jag
May 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
813Jag: Thanks for the welcome. I know about Bobby (that's where the 14 comes from); he'll do great things for the team. He's got what it takes to make it to the NFL, so hopefully he can put up some major numbers and create some buzz for the draft (like Joe Flacco or Tarvaris Jackson).

No problem. 3rd Coast can fill you in on everything TSU. Good luck to the Tigers (except in Baton Rouge).

3rd Coast Tiger
May 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
tsugreg14, or shall I say tsugreg7, xlolx

Texas Southern's website is undergoing a MAJORoverhaul across the board to provide Tiger fans with the most up to date news and updates on the Tigers. If you want, PM me your email address and I can get you much more information as well as on the SID's email distribution list.

Have you had the opportunity to see the special ESPN did on him?

tsugreg14
May 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Yep, I saw the special awhile back. It looked like he was having a great time at practice; I'm glad he was able to get the opportunity for a fresh start.

I sent you my e-mail address in a PM; thanks!

TSUalum05
May 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Nope, we have a private forum over there where major happenings are dicussed amongst us TSU Tigers for life.

mikebigg
May 27th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Nope, we have a private forum over there where major happenings are dicussed amongst us TSU Tigers for life.

Yall ever discuss TT? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TexasTerror
May 27th, 2008, 08:27 AM

I'm sure they acknowledge some of the things I say. They aren't blind to the problems and even in the Regional, it's hard not to see why the lack of a web site (which we're told will be remedied soon enough, after several years of inactivity) is making it hard for people to find information on them.

They are the only school without information available from the schools in it...

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/08bbncaar/index.htm

Once the Tigers of Maroon beat the Bengaled Tigers on Friday, it'll be an opportunity wasted.

TSUalum05
May 28th, 2008, 09:21 AM

Not one time -- Seriously

3rd Coast Tiger
May 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Not one time -- Seriously

Glad you commented because I sure wasn't.

blackcaesar3k5
May 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Will Texas Southern beat cross-town rival PVAM?

Syntax Error
May 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Will Texas Southern beat cross-town rival PVAM?Prediction, not this year.

TexasTerror
May 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Will Texas Southern beat cross-town rival PVAM?

Without Bobby Reid - NO.
With Bobby Reid - NO.

Prairie View A&M is ahead of the Tigers after years of being behind them. This is a team on the rise that could very well leave the Tigers in their dust for the short-term (that new Dynamo/TSU stadium may make a difference one way, as could some more NCAA problems for the Cole brothers another way)....

Big fan of HF3...

Nelson
March 10th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Just resurrecting an old thread... don't mind me. I'm new here.

Sly Fox
March 10th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Curious thread to bump. I'm sure TT appreciates the reset ... or not.

Nelson
March 11th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Curious thread to bump. I'm sure TT appreciates the reset ... or not.

I've been lurking for a long time and finally decided to sign up... decided we need more representation across more boards :) They know me on TSPN.

off subject, but please tell me this captcha stuff goes away after 10 posts...