PDA

View Full Version : Some help for a fellow I-AA School

LBPop
October 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
The Patriot League website is running a series of articles honoring the six schools that have played football in the league for all or most of the 20 years that the League has existed. Certainly they have the right to set their own guidelines for their own article. But, when the guidelines exclude just one of their members, it appears to be an obvious and intentional slight of Georgetown. Why ignore number seven so blatantly? Would it have been so difficult to include Georgetown? Are they embarrassd because the Hoyas have not had much success since joining the league?

While for the most part Georgetown has clearly not played up to the level of the PL in football, I would suggest that Georgetown's inclusion in the league has only further enhanced the already fine reputation of the member schools. In an E-mail to the publishers of the site I suggested that it is not too late for them to correct this mistake in judgment and run a story about Georgetown. If you agree, I would ask that you please send a similar message. Thanks to all.

Note: If you would like to offer a comment to the PL, please try the following:

http://patriotleague.collegesports.com/feedback/patr-feedback.html

Again, I thank you.

colgate13
October 7th, 2005, 09:44 PM
The Patriot League website is running a series of articles honoring the six schools that have played football in the league for all or most of the 20 years that the League has existed. Certainly they have the right to set their own guidelines for their own article. But, when the guidelines exclude just one of their members, it appears to be an obvious and intentional slight of Georgetown. Why ignore number seven so blatantly? Would it have been so difficult to include Georgetown? Are they embarrassd because the Hoyas have not had much success since joining the league?

While for the most part Georgetown has clearly not played up to the level of the PL in football, I would suggest that Georgetown's inclusion in the league has only further enhanced the already fine reputation of the member schools. In an E-mail to the publishers of the site I suggested that it is not too late for them to correct this mistake in judgment and run a story about Georgetown. If you agree, I would ask that you please send a similar message. Thanks to all.

Note: If you would like to offer a comment to the PL, please try the following:

http://patriotleague.collegesports.com/feedback/patr-feedback.html

Again, I thank you.

Pop - it looks like they got your original message. The main page now includes G'Town. Still ridiculous they forgot the Hoyas originally, but not an overt act it would appear.

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Heh...come one man, you're talkin about the league that called us perennial losers...regardless of the fact that we finished .500 when we left...how do you spell high and mighty for no reason? P-A-T-R-I-O-T

Two 7-4 seasons don't mean anything to those high rollers.

JMU2004
October 8th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Heh...come one man, you're talkin about the league that called us perennial losers...regardless of the fact that we finished .500 when we left...how do you spell high and mighty for no reason? P-A-T-R-I-O-T

Two 7-4 seasons don't mean anything to those high rollers.

prior to the UD game, I had never seen a TU poster on AGS

Now, they are everwhere :cool:

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Prior to JMU beating Delaware last year, I was the only JMU poster on here...so yeah...

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 01:13 AM

TigerFan17 has been registered since July.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It might have something to do with simply discovering AGS?????

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Just read the above posts.

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Just read the above posts.

OK, I did. And...??? I believe my defense of you was true and relevant.

JMU2004
October 8th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Blur2005....I joined well before you... and I was probably one of the pioneer JMU fans on this board. JMU certainly has gained some support recently, but I was here when we sucked!!!!

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Blur2005....I joined well before you... and I was probably one of the pioneer JMU fans on this board. JMU certainly has gained some support recently, but I was here when we sucked!!!!
Sorry, I was the principal poster from JMU before that win. But yeah, you did join a long time before me.

RadMann
October 8th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Well I was on this board when it was on Escribe.com.... lol

ChickenMan
October 8th, 2005, 07:04 AM

prior to the middle portion of last season... I never saw a JMU mposter on AGS... ;)

ChickenMan
October 8th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Prior to JMU beating Delaware last year, I was the only JMU poster on here...so yeah...

seems like beating UD does wonders for AGS... :p

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
seems like beating UD does wonders for AGS... :p :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

(No Chicken graphics to choose from! :D :D :D :D :D )

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 09:33 AM
You guys posted at about the same time tod, I'm guessing he is referring to the posts above yours

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 09:34 AM
seems like beating UD does wonders for AGS... :p

Perhaps....now if we can just get Idaho St to beat the Grizzies, maybe we can see some Bengal fans around here :nod: :nod: :nod:

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I've been here since the summer. The summer after we went 3-8 and 0-8 in the A10. I was referred here via the CAAZone, which I joined in early summer. I've been here a lil while.. :)

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM

That meant: read the above posts if you question how long I've been here and whether I just popped up cause we beat UD.

Basically, you 2 had said all that needed to be said to defend me. :)

Instead of just typing that again, I just wrote that, but I see it caused confusion. Sorry! Thanks for the defense! :)

89Hen
October 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
:argue: C'mon my A10 bretheren, can't we all just get along? ;) Everyone who has posted on this string has been around before any great win by their team, whether it be the first in the conference or for a NC. This thread was about G'town who is a very close team to all of us A10 fans.

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I <3 A10

:D