PDA

View Full Version : app state season tickets question?

elkinftball2002
May 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Can non yosef members order season tickets now or do we have to wait until after may 16th?

The Moody1
May 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Can non yosef members order season tickets now or do we have to wait until after may 16th?

You can send in your order now. You just won't know your exact seats until after the 16th.

appsfan
May 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Elkin,
Moody is right- go ahead and get your order in before it is too late.

appfan2008
May 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Elkin,
Moody is right- go ahead and get your order in before it is too late.

do you think the whole stadium will sell out with season tickets?... soon?

HiHiYikas
May 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
It's not a first-come, first-served thing. They'll sort all the season ticket orders according to Yosef points, etc., after May 16.

Ticket location is a little better for Yosef donors.

Season ticket sales should be a good bit higher than last year, but I'd be surprised if the whole place sold out from season ticket sales.

appsfan
May 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM
It's not a first-come, first-served thing. They'll sort all the season ticket orders according to Yosef points, etc., after May 16.

Season ticket sales should be a good bit higher than last year, but I'd be surprised if the whole place sold out from season ticket sales.

I agree that it is unlikely that we will sell out season tickets. On the other hand, it stands to reason that a non-Yosef Club (like elkinftball2002) season ticket buyer will have a better choice of seats now than if they wait until July to order.xthumbsupx

bleedblue
May 8th, 2008, 02:05 AM

Do you or any APP fans know what percentage of your sales are from season ticket sales? For instance Delaware last year was 10K out of 22K (I think. It may have been 11K out of 22K last year 50%). Just curious.

SoCon48
May 8th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Probably last year in the range of 1/3 or less of officail capacity and 1/6 of total game attendance. Remember we drew 28,000+ for one or more games in a stadium of 16,650 seats. That's 12K of SRO's.
Now we are adding 4K seats by opening home game. That should reduce the SRO's.
For the record, a significant number of our season tickets were half season tickets. Like covering 3 home games instead of the full slate. Also, all our tickets were the same price regardless of whether reserved seat or SRO. (not counting student ticks of course)

proasu89
May 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
do you think the whole stadium will sell out with season tickets?... soon?

Seats definitely. Grass, probably not.

Saint3333
May 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Do you or any APP fans know what percentage of your sales are from season ticket sales? For instance Delaware last year was 10K out of 22K (I think. It may have been 11K out of 22K last year 50%). Just curious.

Last year season tickets represented 45% of the non-student, non-visitor sections. Even with a 4,400 seat increase this year it should be about 62% based upon projections I heard, could be even higher.

Get your Yosef donation and season ticket purchase in prior to May 16th to ensure prime seating for the 2008 season.

appfan2008
May 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Probably last year in the range of 1/3 or less of officail capacity and 1/6 of total game attendance. Remember we drew 28,000+ for one or more games in a stadium of 16,650 seats. That's 12K of SRO's.
Now we are adding 4K seats by opening home game. That should reduce the SRO's.
For the record, a significant number of our season tickets were half season tickets. Like covering 3 home games instead of the full slate. Also, all our tickets were the same price regardless of whether reserved seat or SRO. (not counting student ticks of course)

you must remember also that the students show up in full force... we averaged more than 10,000 per game and that is out of 15,000 total students and 13,000 that go to the boone campus... that is pretty damn impressive

SoCon48
May 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
you must remember also that the students show up in full force... we averaged more than 10,000 per game and that is out of 15,000 total students and 13,000 that go to the boone campus... that is pretty damn impressive

Very true. But relatively few of those purchase tickets unless a family member comes up and they decide to sit with them in a reserve seat. But, I think the point you are implying is that they would not count in the possibilty of being part of the season ticket package unless actually purchasing tickets in the reserve section. Thus our percentage of season tickets sold would be much higher.

SoCon48
May 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Seats definitely. Grass, probably not.

I can't see us selling enough season tickets this season to fill all the reserved seats minus the students. Remember, theoretically, a half package would have to be sold to two diff buyers to equal a true season ticket.

rjg129
May 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I buy season tickets and just sit top of the hill. Sometimes the hill is more entertaining than the games

bleedblue
May 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I can't see us selling enough season tickets this season to fill all the reserved seats minus the students. Remember, theoretically, a half package would have to be sold to two diff buyers to equal a true season ticket.

Thanks to APP guys for the info. Good luck on what will be another great season.

appfan2008
May 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I buy season tickets and just sit top of the hill. Sometimes the hill is more entertaining than the games

that is what i call a true fan xsmhx xlolx

SoCon48
May 9th, 2008, 09:56 AM

If you mean the hill diagonally in back of the East stands.....it is gone now. At the WCU game, I was on the bank and had to stand up most of the time, and move some of that time. But as you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Too, I spent some time over in the East stands visiting friends, rivals, and rubbing it in a bit to the more arrogant acting Cat fans.
I'd say I sat down maybe a total of 45 minutes from 1 hour prior to kick-off until 20 minutes after the gun.

AppAlum2003
May 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, nothing like sitting on that cold, hard ground in the middle of December! I'll keep my seat in Section 3A, thank you.

feb18blacksunday
May 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM

Yeah I've been on the hill since 77. Good times there. Lots of freedom to move around and not have to deal with stoggy peeps. Plus its warmer than the cold side in Nov.

rjg129
May 10th, 2008, 01:26 AM
If you mean the hill diagonally in back of the East stands.....it is gone now. At the WCU game, I was on the bank and had to stand up most of the time, and move some of that time. But as you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Too, I spent some time over in the East stands visiting friends, rivals, and rubbing it in a bit to the more arrogant acting Cat fans.
I'd say I sat down maybe a total of 45 minutes from 1 hour prior to kick-off until 20 minutes after the gun.

talking bout the grass bank under the scoreboard, is the construction gonna take that away?

There is nothing more entertaining than watching drunk people tryin to navigate wet/soggy/snowcovered/muddy grass

rjg129
May 10th, 2008, 01:31 AM
that is what i call a true fan xsmhx xlolx

I dont remember exactly what game, but there was a dusting of snow on the bank and we were up 20+ points by the middle of the 2nd quarter. My bro, myself and people around us just watched the drunk students "navigate" the bank the rest of the game. Ive never laughed so hard in my life. Most of the laughter is that i could have seen myself doing the same thing in the late 90s.:D

SoCon48
May 10th, 2008, 02:17 AM
talking bout the grass bank under the scoreboard, is the construction gonna take that away?

There is nothing more entertaining than watching drunk people tryin to navigate wet/soggy/snowcovered/muddy grass

Not in the very near future. However there is some kind of construction going on back there for something..including an access road around that end. The only word I've heard officially is that whatever it is, they hope it is "finished in time for the season opener. "
Perhaps it is a gigantic public latrine.xnodx :D :) xrotatehx xlolx xeyebrowx

appfan2008
May 11th, 2008, 08:35 AM
behind the hill and directly under the scoreboard (we are getting a new one) is the extended concourse... there will be shops, restrooms and concession and the best part is they will be all permanent! which is a big deal to us

SoCon48
May 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
behind the hill and directly under the scoreboard (we are getting a new one) is the extended concourse... there will be shops, restrooms and concession and the best part is they will be all permanent! which is a big deal to us

According to some, there will be a lot of restrooms back there by beginning of the season. Ya know, the flushable ones like most folks have.

Grizaholic17
May 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Last year season tickets represented 45% of the non-student, non-visitor sections. Even with a 4,400 seat increase this year it should be about 62% based upon projections I heard, could be even higher.

Get your Yosef donation and season ticket purchase in prior to May 16th to ensure prime seating for the 2008 season.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
i guess we're a little ahead of the game over in the 406.

I'm pretty sure starting next year, about 21,000 seats are season tickets. give or take a thousand.

BeauFoster
May 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
According to some, there will be a lot of restrooms back there by beginning of the season. Ya know, the flushable ones like most folks have.

I talked to Chancellor Peacock about a month ago and he didn't believe that the restrooms in the south endzone would be completed for the '08 season. He commented that it was the most disappointing thing about the construction.

appfan2008
May 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I talked to Chancellor Peacock about a month ago and he didn't believe that the restrooms in the south endzone would be completed for the '08 season. He commented that it was the most disappointing thing about the construction.

that just isnt cool...

SoCon48
May 12th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Well, we have choices. 1. Tie it in a knot. 2 Use the fences. 3. Hold your nose when entering the portajons. 4. Don't drink any fluids for 24 hours prior to entering KBS.

MountainMan
May 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM

At least there will be all new restrooms on the East and West sides so its not like we won't have any improvement in the restroom area.

I-AA Fan
May 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Why would you ask that on here? Does ASU not have a board where the majority of people would actually care?

proasu89
May 12th, 2008, 08:51 PM

There will be some not sold in season ticket packages. However, I forgot to renew mine in 5A last year and had to settle for the bank. :o No seats were available. It worked out though because I sold mine each week and bought seats outside Kidd Brewer in sections 3A & 4A each weekxthumbsupx