PDA

View Full Version : Huskies-Huskies in 2010

Husky Alum
May 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I heard from reliable sources at Northeastern that our 2010 FBS game will be played at the runway currently known as Rentschler Field in East Hartford.

Northeastern (we were the Huskies first) will play UConn in the schools' first matchup since NU's upset win over UConn in 2000.

Not sure who we have lined up for 2011, but I know we're trying to get a service academy.

We've got Ball State and Syracuse this year and the Beagles of Chestnut Hill Community College in 2009.

MplsBison
May 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM
So I take it that NU isn't axing the program?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I heard from reliable sources at Northeastern that our 2010 FBS game will be played at the runway currently known as Rentschler Field in East Hartford.

Northeastern (we were the Huskies first) will play UConn in the schools' first matchup since NU's upset win over UConn in 2000.

Not sure who we have lined up for 2011, but I know we're trying to get a service academy.

We've got Ball State and Syracuse this year and the Beagles of Chestnut Hill Community College in 2009.

Congrats on getting UConn... and good luck with the service academies... lately they are harder to schedule than Notre Dame... xsmhx

Be sure to get that agreement all upfront and in writing... xlolx

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Missed that newswire, Bison?

Cobblestone
May 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Congrats! I'm happy for you guys. However beware of the idiots at Rentschler Field if you go to the game. Those make-believe football fans love to start ***** with visiting fans. Be sure to stay with your group if Northeastern has a group trip.

If you can get a game with Army make sure to go, it's one of the nicest places in all of college football to watch a game. Very picturesque campus on the Hudson as well. Enjoy! xthumbsupx

Husky Alum
May 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
So I take it that NU isn't axing the program?

According to our AD "there are no plans in the near future".

That's January's news. Must not have gotten to Fargo or Minneapolis yet. I'll check with the carrier pigeon company.

Pageoner
May 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
good luck, UConn has really stepped up their game recently.

andy7171
May 5th, 2008, 01:56 PM
According to our AD "there are no plans in the near future".

That's January's news. Must not have gotten to Fargo or Minneapolis yet. I'll check with the carrier pigeon company.

It ain't official until MPLS read it with his own eyes AND he deems the source legitimate.

Husky Alum
May 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Those who know me/have met me will validate - if it's coming from me, and it's about NU, you're not going to get much more of a reliable source.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

If the Bison thinks otherwise, he's entitled to be wrong every now and then.

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I think Husky Alum is full of shyte. And I have met him. I take Bison's word over Husky Alum's any day of the week. ;)

Wouldn't you agree, UNH Alum?

MplsBison
May 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well I for one hope they can continue to fully fund their football program.

They need to get rid of some of the other bull***** sports they have like field hockey, rowing and swimming.

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Those "bull****" sports help the gender-equity issue-- You know that noose called Title IX. It is common to see crew used as Title IX buffers. Additionally, Crew...IS HUGE IN NEW ENGLAND.

There is this little race, you may have heard it: "Head of the Charles."

MplsBison
May 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Additionally, Crew...IS HUGE IN NEW ENGLAND.

What a load of crap.

Rowing (as it's called because what they do, see, is they get in this little boat..and then they row it), will never be a popular sport, let alone "huge", in any part of the world. Ever.

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Whoak...right. It is actually interchangeable (row and crew).

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEED81739F930A25756C0A9649C8B 63

As for how big it can get, I am not a crew/rowing fan, but the HEAD OF THE CHARLES GETS ANYWHERE FROM 200,000-300,000 spectators.

NOW STFU!

Eaglegus2
May 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Those who know me/have met me will validate - if it's coming from me, and it's about NU, you're not going to get much more of a reliable source.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

If the Bison thinks otherwise, he's entitled to be wrong every now and then.

You making the trip down to Georgia?

Would love to have You and your friends as our guests.

The food and drinks are great when you are guests of the RED Flag Gang of Georgia Southern.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 5th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I think Husky Alum is full of shyte. And I have met him. I take Bison's word over Husky Alum's any day of the week. ;)

Wouldn't you agree, UNH Alum?

Oh yeah, absolutely! He doesn't have any connections on Huntington Ave., he's just opinionated. :p xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BTW, I know which Huskies I'll be rooting for in 2010! It sure won't be the Storrs Sled Dogs.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Whoak...right. It is actually interchangeable (row and crew).

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEED81739F930A25756C0A9649C8B 63

As for how big it can get, I am not a crew/rowing fan, but the HEAD OF THE CHARLES GETS ANYWHERE FROM 200,000-300,000 spectators.

NOW STFU!

I realize that it is Mpls you're dealing with here, but you probably should have mentioned that little soiree called the Yale-Harvard Regatta on the Thames in New London, CT. And let's see there's that little event called Henley over in England.

And here in Hartford we have a Crew event in the Fall that draws more people than any other event except for the 4th of July fireworks. And oh yeah, there are those events on the Schuylkill River in Philly.

Nah, that sport will never be popular. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
"It is also one of the oldest Olympic sports. In the United States, Australia and Canada, high school and collegiate rowing is sometimes referred to as crew."

OR the famous (can be infamous as well) Oxford battles with Harvard.

yorkcountyUNHfan
May 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Those "bull****" sports help the gender-equity issue-- You know that noose called Title IX. It is common to see crew used as Title IX buffers. Additionally, Crew...IS HUGE IN NEW ENGLAND.

There is this little race, you may have heard it: "Head of the Charles."

He'd like Crew more if everyone put in synthetic waterxlolx xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
May 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I realize that it is Mpls you're dealing with here, but you probably should have mentioned that little soiree called the Yale-Harvard Regatta on the Thames in New London, CT. And let's see there's that little event called Henley over in England.

And here in Hartford we have a Crew event in the Fall that draws more people than any other event except for the 4th of July fireworks. And oh yeah, there are those events on the Schuylkill River in Philly.

Nah, that sport will never be popular. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Not to mention the rivalry between Harvard and Yale *started* simply because of the rivalry between the two schools... in rowing/crew. You could say their football rivalry is an outgrowth of that! xlolx

Tilldog40
May 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM
If we are going to try and get a service acadamy I would like another shot at Navy. We were so close to winning that one. As far as Ball st. and Cuse I think we can win 1 out of 2. Lets just hope half the team doesn't get injured this year like last.

crim9898
May 7th, 2008, 10:39 AM
What, Northeastern doesn't feel like playing Harvard again? xlolx

Tilldog40
May 7th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Harvard is the one that doesn't want to play us anymore.

appfan2008
May 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM
congrats... that will be a good game for NU

Ronbo
May 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I find it amusing that when these schools move up they are called want-a-bes, told how they will be abused in FBS, and how they will be the next Idaho.

But then a few years later when someone gets them on the schedule it's a big deal and everyone gets real excited.

Marshall
Nevada
Troy
FAU
Boise State
UConn
WKU

I'm still waiting for the next Idaho.xlolx

Dane96
May 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
How can you dare lump BSU or UCONN in there with those schools. UCONN is a BCS school...and BSU has been succesfull for many years.

Dolt.

Ronbo
May 7th, 2008, 12:56 PM
All those schools have had success. Nevada is a WAC basketball power and not bad in football too. Marshall has had a couple lean years but still has a great program with excellent support. FAU was 8-5 in 2007 and has plans for a big stadium. Their attendance went from about 7000 in FCS to 16,000 a game in FBS. Troy has had success and is up in attendance too at 21,000 a game. WKU went from 7000 to 16,500 in their first year.

Success is measured in more than bowl wins. Now who looks like a dolt.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dane96
May 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM
We are talking football. Nevada is bottom tier. WKU...are you kidding me? Troy...had a couple of upsets.

FAU...shat hole...my dad is on the construction board for FAU's stadium plans. Don't expect ground breaking yet.

None of these programs should be in the same sentence as success as UCONN and BSU.

Laughable.

Ronbo
May 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Still looking for the next Idaho.

All these schools have attained some success and put to rest the wishes from FCS fans for utter failure.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 7th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I am with Dane96 on this one, though a worthy effort put forth by Ronbo!

Nice to see some debating among people other than MplsBison and hen89, or anyone from App St. for that matter! :p xsmiley_wix

Cobblestone
May 8th, 2008, 07:39 AM
A game with an FBS team is a payday for an FCS school; bottom line. I'm certainly not excited about us playing Buffalo but it's all about the money.

I'm not sure what year we play Buffalo but my concern is if they'll still be an FBS team by then. Doesn't an FBS team HAVE to maintain a certain attendance level each year in order to keep their status or be forced to play at the FCS level? Another question, let's say when we play Buffalo that they are no longer an FBS team and are playing FCS football like we are. Are they still obligated to pay us? The contract was signed when Buffalo was an FBS team but I wonder if there might be a clause in the contract which states that if the program moves out of FBS that the payment then becomes a non-issue. Just curious.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing that the signed contract has the payback built in. I think they'd be on the hook.

So far, I don't think any program has been demoted because they haven't met the FBS criteria. I seem to recall a lot of creative interpretation of that criteria, "home" games at sites where the "visiting" fans show up in droves and pad the "home" attendance, 15K+ tickets sold but never in attendance, etc.

bluehenbillk
May 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Any talk of Northeastern affiliating with a different high school that has a better stadium than Parsons?

I'd like to go to Boston for another game someday.

Maroon&White
May 8th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Any talk of Northeastern affiliating with a different high school that has a better stadium than Parsons?

I'd like to go to Boston for another game someday.

I enjoy Parsons. Other then being small, I have no problem with it.

Dane96
May 8th, 2008, 11:35 AM
If things go down as planned...they will have the best stadium in FCS. Tilldog or NU Husky can chime in, but I have seperate source inside US SOCCER (and the MLS) that has told me they have pretty much had it with Kraft and Gillette...and has basically given them the nudge to really press Mayor Mumbles on a stadium deal.

Kraft has PROMISED the MLS he will be building a new stadium seating 20-23k within the next two seasons. Apparently, there are local business leaders who really want this done in Boston because of the multi-uses for the stadium (lacrosse, football, soccer, concerts, etc.).

If the deal goes down and NU is a part of it (depending on stadium site), there isn't a CAA team who will have a better stadium.

jessesd
May 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Be careful on the Syracuse game... you may win that one!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx

GeeWiz
May 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
If things go down as planned...they will have the best stadium in FCS. Tilldog or NU Husky can chime in, but I have seperate source inside US SOCCER (and the MLS) that has told me they have pretty much had it with Kraft and Gillette...and has basically given them the nudge to really press Mayor Mumbles on a stadium deal.

Kraft has PROMISED the MLS he will be building a new stadium seating 20-23k within the next two seasons. Apparently, there are local business leaders who really want this done in Boston because of the multi-uses for the stadium (lacrosse, football, soccer, concerts, etc.).

If the deal goes down and NU is a part of it (depending on stadium site), there isn't a CAA team who will have a better stadium.

Dane96,

I'd be very wary about anything Mumbles Menino promises! xnonox

Anyway, he's right if the stadium ever got built, it would be built right near NU's campus (across from the Main Boston Police Dept.) and it would hold 22,000-25,000. NU would be the secondary tenant after the Revolution.

That's the ONLY way NU football plays in a new facility. Otherwise it's Parsons from here on out ...

Here's the Revolution stadium article ...
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/07/25/soccer_officials_want_communities_to_kick_in/

EdubAlum
May 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
EWU has also beaten UConn, the first year they were i-A

Dane96
May 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Dane96,

I'd be very wary about anything Mumbles Menino promises! xnonox

Anyway, he's right if the stadium ever got built, it would be built right near NU's campus (across from the Main Boston Police Dept.) and it would hold 22,000-25,000. NU would be the secondary tenant after the Revolution.

That's the ONLY way NU football plays in a new facility. Otherwise it's Parsons from here on out ...

Here's the Revolution stadium article ...
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/07/25/soccer_officials_want_communities_to_kick_in/

I worked with Mumbles-- total azzhole. However, my info comes from US Soccer and the MLS....my buddy works for them (that is how I got my Argentina-US tickets immediately...before the pre-sale).

The Kraft's have been issued an ultimatum by the league to 'git 'er dun.

The sites are either the Columbus Ave. site that you mention...Norwood (probably non-starter), or the latest hot-flava...Sommerville because they are extending the "T" line by Federal mandate.

My two favorite sites discusse by City Planners (privy to this stuff when I worked for the Big Dig) are: Fan Pier and....drumroll....CITY HALL. Mumbles wants to destroy City Hall and move it to Fan Pier. If he does that, he wants to built a concert/stadium venue on the current site. There are multiple T stops that would service it....and plenty of room to build a 25k stadium....which would be the sickest CITY venue ever built.

My bet-- Sommerville.

Last I heard from NU HUSKY...Mumbles was dicking around with the Columbus Ave site because of issues with Northeastern dorms.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 9th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I worked with Mumbles-- total azzhole. However, my info comes from US Soccer and the MLS....my buddy works for them (that is how I got my Argentina-US tickets immediately...before the pre-sale).

The Kraft's have been issued an ultimatum by the league to 'git 'er dun.

The sites are either the Columbus Ave. site that you mention...Norwood (probably non-starter), or the latest hot-flava...Sommerville because they are extending the "T" line by Federal mandate.

My two favorite sites discusse by City Planners (privy to this stuff when I worked for the Big Dig) are: Fan Pier and....drumroll....CITY HALL. Mumbles wants to destroy City Hall and move it to Fan Pier. If he does that, he wants to built a concert/stadium venue on the current site. There are multiple T stops that would service it....and plenty of room to build a 25k stadium....which would be the sickest CITY venue ever built.

My bet-- Sommerville.

Last I heard from NU HUSKY...Mumbles was dicking around with the Columbus Ave site because of issues with Northeastern dorms.

Would NU still get the "tie in" if the Rev's stadium was on Fan Pier, City Hall Plaza or Somerville?

Although not directly on the subway/trolley lines, Fan Pier would be a good site. I mean they did try to build a new Fenway Park out there. Too bad the Silver Lie isn't part of the subway/trolley system. JMHO, but if this stadium replaces City Hall, then in 25 years I think its legacy will be as bad as City Hall Plaza's legacy is today unless the architects do a much better job of blending it into the surrounding area. Fitting anything as massive as a stadium across the street from Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market will be a supreme challenge with all the architectural mandates that I'm sure will occur.

I'm sure many will argue that the Fan Pier and City Hall sites are just too valuable/expensive to build a stadium. At least I just read that they've identified the new stops on the Green Line Extension out into Somerville and Medford. Still, for Northeastern the Columbus Ave. site is the best option. That would be a huge boost for the program.

Tilldog40
May 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
First off, I don't care what the hell Ronbo thinks about us playing FCS schools. Second talks of a stadium have been going on for years. Believe nothing ya hear and half of what you see. It would be very nice to have a bigger and closer place to play. Many people make fun of parsons because well it is nothing more than a high school field. But if your a fan of the game i don't know of any other field that you can watch the game closer. I watch alot of games out of the back of the endzone and can reach out and touch a player if I wanted to. Its not a huge home, but its a cozy home.

Cobblestone
May 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
First off, I don't care what the hell Ronbo thinks about us playing FCS schools. Second talks of a stadium have been going on for years. Believe nothing ya hear and half of what you see. It would be very nice to have a bigger and closer place to play. Many people make fun of parsons because well it is nothing more than a high school field. But if your a fan of the game i don't know of any other field that you can watch the game closer. I watch alot of games out of the back of the endzone and can reach out and touch a player if I wanted to. Its not a huge home, but its a cozy home.

I can remember YEARS ago someone on some site posted a rendering of a new proposed stadium for Northeastern. The place looked beautiful and was located right on an MBTA line. I think this was about 5 or 6 years ago and I don't recall the exact "T" line that it was supposed to be on but obviously it never came to fruition.

Parsons isn't a bad place at all to watch a game. It's a bitch to get to but you're pretty much on top of the field. I'll tell you one thing, the few times I went there as a spectator I thought they had one of the best concession stands in all of FCS (I-AA at the time); good food selection.

I wouldn't blame Northeastern for wanting to move to a new stadium but I also don't fault them if they're willing to stay put.

Tilldog40
May 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
The field your talking about got alot of talk but no action for to many reasons to name. It was right in front of the Ruggles station on the orange line and commuter rail. As an MBTA employee there was no way that was gonna be built the way it was shown in the picture you saw. I thought it would have been pretty cool though. Everyone complains about parsons , but they have no idea what it costs and space to build a stadium in the city. I'm glad you have an appreciation for parsons cobblestone. I am looking forward to seeing the new look Rams next year.

Maroon&White
May 9th, 2008, 01:24 PM
It's a bitch to get to but you're pretty much on top of the field.

I've always thought it was easy to get to. Not too many signs along the way (are there any?), but it's certainly not complicated to get there. It might just be easier coming from the west.

Dane96
May 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
It is three blocks from two t-stops. Not hard to get to at all.

It does sufffer from not being on-campus...and not easily accessible FROM THE CAMPUS. (No T cuts across).

GeeWiz
May 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM
It does sufffer from not being on-campus...and not easily accessible FROM THE CAMPUS. (No T cuts across).

Yeah, that's been a MAJOR problem with the student body. A big reason for lack of fan support.

Cobblestone
May 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
The field your talking about got alot of talk but no action for to many reasons to name. It was right in front of the Ruggles station on the orange line and commuter rail. As an MBTA employee there was no way that was gonna be built the way it was shown in the picture you saw. I thought it would have been pretty cool though. Everyone complains about parsons , but they have no idea what it costs and space to build a stadium in the city. I'm glad you have an appreciation for parsons cobblestone. I am looking forward to seeing the new look Rams next year.

xsmhx

That really is a shame. I'm familiar with the Ruggles stop on the orange line because I've taken the commuter rail many times to Back Bay. That would have been tremendously convenient. Needless to say I would have gladly jumped on the commuter rail to see you guys play us but I'd have also gone to see Northeastern play whenever URI was on the road or had a bye week. The saddest part of all is it would have been a great way to get more of your alumni to games. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

I'm not kissing your @$$ Tilldog but I also appreciate the MBTA as well. I think you folks do a great job and keep the train/subway fares reasonable. It's a nice easy way to get to and all around Boston. Just calling it like I see it. xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
May 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I've always thought it was easy to get to. Not too many signs along the way (are there any?), but it's certainly not complicated to get there. It might just be easier coming from the west.

I wasn't talking about directions when I stated "bitch to get to", rather I was refering to the traffic. Anytime you go anywhere near Boston that's always an issue.

Maroon&White
May 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I wasn't talking about directions when I stated "bitch to get to", rather I was refering to the traffic. Anytime you go anywhere near Boston that's always an issue.

Still has never been a problem. I've hit more traffic going into UNH.

Husky Alum
May 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I've been away from the boards for a bit, so here are some thoughts.

1. We offered Harvard a 4 for 1. And it was a contingent "1". We told Harvard we'd play them 4 or 5 times at their place. They'd only have to come to play NU if we built an on campus facility. We asked them if they'd be our opening game if it ever got built. If the stadium wasn't built by some fixed date, we'd play the 5th game at Harvard Stadium. Harvard said no thanks.

2. W/R/T "the stadium issue". We're not building anything. There's nothing in our master plan or anything that I've heard/seen/discussed. The next capital project on the agenda for athletics is a complete renovation of Matthews Arena.

If anything gets built by Mr. Kraft and the Pats in Lower Roxbury, NU would be a partner in the stadium. NU has money allocated for an on campus facility and from what I was told years ago, Northeastern would actually be the PRIMARY tenant as the field would be used for NU football and m/w soccer. The Revs would obviously play their home games there and would get to play those 18 days. Then NU would play their games there - any other dates would be then given to the Kraft family to use. There's talk if the stadium was built elsewhere in the city we likely wouldn't partner with the Revs as it's unlikely our fans/students would go to the harbor or Sommerville for games.

In the off season/winter, there would be a bubble on the stadium for off season workouts for football, track, field hockey, baseball, etc.

I've seen pictures of the proposed stadium, and with no disrespect to our friends at Montana, Menino Stadium (that's what it would be called) would be the nicest FCS facility in the land. It won't have the aethetic/scenery of Wash/Griz, but it would be state of the art. Bob Kraft doesn't mess around.

2a. The "proposed" stadium we all talked about and saw pictures of a while back was scuttled because we thought the "Kraft Plan" would be much better for the school. As Dane commented, we are/were/will always have problems with NU's neighbors. For those uninitiated with NU, the back edge of our campus borders an ethnic neighborhood which for years wasn't all that safe. Over the past 15 years, the back edge of NU's campus has developed and become part of a "hot" area of town to live in. NU silently (and not so silently) purchased a ton of land in Lower Roxbury with the intent to build dorms, administration buildings and other facilities. NU has to fight tooth and nail to get dorms built, and the school made the strategic decision not to fight the city for zoning to build a stadium, when they have to fight the city for dorms, classrooms and other buildings.

The piece of land the "Kraft Stadium" would be built on is an empty lot in Lower Roxbury which borders Roxbury Community College on one side, the Boston Police Department on another side, and a small set of projects on another. The politicians and neighbors in LoRo want a "mixed retail" facility in LoRo. Funny, no one's building mixed retail in cities any more, but the politicians and neighbors would rather let a nice piece of land lay fallow than have a stadium built on it.

Part of it is racism. The mayor is Italian, the city council is Irish catholic, and the neighborhood is African American. Bob Kraft is Jewish (Judiasm is a religion, not a race - nor is catholocism), and because of his botched attempts to build a domed stadium in South Boston in 1995, he's not well liked in Boston.

3. For those who 'dis crew, it's a pretty much self funding sport at NU. Crew alumni are extremely loyal, generous, and successful. Crew alumni typically donate a new shell (and they cost about $35-45K) every year or so for the M/W crew programs. We've had numerous Olympic medalists in crew, and it's probably NU's flagship sport from a competitive success standpoint (I tihnk we're in the Top 10 nationally - we lost to Harvard in the last couple of strokes last weekend).

Crew is actually booming across the country as the Big 10 and Pac 10 schools have come on strong in the last 10 years, and even schools like Texas (they hired away NU's women's crew coach a while back) and Tennessee have real good women's programs. Since women's crew is an NCAA sport (and men's crew isn't and never will be), it's fantastic for Title IX purposes.

The Head of the Charles Weekend is a LOT of fun for the crew fans. As a sporting event, it's like watching grass grow. For the uninitiated, there are boats rowing on the river all day and most of the races are against the clock. There are probably 300-400K fans at the event, and it's a socail thing to see and be seen. Frats bury kegs along the banks of the Charles and it's something you do when you're in college or if you're a crew fan.

Sorry for the long post!!!

GeeWiz
May 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
If anything gets built by Mr. Kraft and the Pats in Lower Roxbury, NU would be a partner in the stadium. NU has money allocated for an on campus facility and from what I was told years ago, Northeastern would actually be the PRIMARY tenant as the field would be used for NU football and m/w soccer. The Revs would obviously play their home games there and would get to play those 18 days. Then NU would play their games there - any other dates would be then given to the Kraft family to use.

OK, so in October when the Revs have a scheduled home playoff game on a Saturday and NU has a scheduled home game, you're telling me NU has first priority?

That wouldn't be the case, but everything else you stated regarding the use of the facility would be.

Husky Alum
May 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
OK, so in October when the Revs have a scheduled home playoff game on a Saturday and NU has a scheduled home game, you're telling me NU has first priority?

That wouldn't be the case, but everything else you stated regarding the use of the facility would be.

Yep, from what I was told, NU's regular season football games would not be impacted by Revs playoff games as the schedule is set far enough i advance. NU would play afternoon games - the Revs would likely do the evening route.

MLS's playoff games would be in November.

Tilldog40
May 16th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Nothing is Official until NUHF says it is.

MplsBison
May 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Is there a link somewhere that shows a proposed stadium for the NE Revolution and NU football?

Tilldog40
May 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I don't know of a link, but I would like to see it also.