PDA

View Full Version : TXST Stadium Expansion

TXST_CAT
May 5th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I know no one cares about TXST's desire to move Div I-A/ FBS, but I know stadiums are a popular topic and I would like to share TXST's plans to expand Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. Regardless, what may happen in the next few years is not for me to say but I'm excited to see our University investing in the Football program regardless what level we play in.

Current Stadium

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/view.gal?id=27626

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/facilities/bobcat-stadium-main.html

(please Excuse the Div I reference, the person who wrote this is obviously not Football savvy)

http://www.fss.txstate.edu/planning/fac_pln/construction/bobcat-stadium.html

Bobcat Stadium Enhancements

Feasibility Study: Broaddus & Associates
Architect/Engineer: TBD
CIP TPC: $15,131,19 (Phase One $5,449,468)
Contractor (Design-Build): TBD

A Feasibility Study was conducted by Broaddus & Associates to identify project needs, outcomes, requirements, limitations, schedule, and phasing to achieve Division One status for the football program. A detailed program is pending for a Phase I of approximately $5 million for the addition of new press boxes, suites, and stadium seating.

Phase II scope would include adding the necessary 10,000 to 15,000 seats to Bobcat Stadium to qualify for a NCAA Division 1-A level football program and enhancing other amenities and features of the existing stadium. Location, infrastructure requirements, interface with existing facilities, and other limitations will be evaluated. The construction “window” on the stadium is limited to six months from February 1 to August 15 of each year. Programming for each phase will be completed in a timely manner prior to the fiscal year of funding.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
It'll be nice to play a Division I team from San Marcos! ;)

Keep us abreast of what's going on with stadium enhancements and any other facilities-related issues...

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=TexasTerror;941119]It'll be nice to FINALLY play a Division I team from San Marcos! ;)
QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya! :D

MplsBison
May 5th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Are they getting rid of the track around the field?

Put it elsewhere on campus, sink the field and expand the current stadium downward.

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
And make sure field turf is up to snuff.

MaximumBobcat
May 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM
It'll be nice to FINALLY play a Division I team from San Marcos! ;)

Fixed it for ya! :D

So all the times we whipped both of y'alls teams in the past 5 years, you're telling me we were DII?

Interesting... xthumbsupx

MaximumBobcat
May 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
It'll be nice to play a Division I team from San Marcos! ;)

Keep us abreast of what's going on with stadium enhancements and any other facilities-related issues...

It'll be nice to FINALLY play a Division I team from San Marcos!

Fixed it for ya!

Why don't y'all get a room at the Haters Hotel...

Just joshing', but y'all do know that overall the program is improving...heck, we're 6-4 against y'alls two programs put together in the past 5 years. And for the love of god, neither one of you please start pulling up records from the 1980's or 90's after reading this...

And make sure field turf is up to snuff.

Our turf is pretty nice, I don't remember when we upgraded it, but it is fairly new.

Put it elsewhere on campus, sink the field and expand the current stadium downward.

People have been talking about that for years. Until we actually see the renderings for the stadium expansion, I doubt we will know. However, I for one sure hope we move that track to the other side of campus where we have our Soccer complex.

Dane96
May 5th, 2008, 12:41 PM
My post was a jab at Bison-- I was not serious.

MaximumBobcat
May 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
My post was a jab at Bison-- I was not serious.

Oh, my bad. :o

bobcatalum05
May 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Removal of the Track would be nice, but we cant dig down. The stadium is only about 200 yards from Spring Lake which feeds the San Marcos River. So basically the water table their is so high that if you dig down a couple of feet you will hit water. We would to have drain the water out, and then concrete out the whole field. Unfortunately I dont see that happening or how possible that maybe.

We will probably wrap it around to the end zone complex which would put us at about 21-25 thousand. If there is ever need we can pull out the track and completely Bowl in the Stadium.

MaximumBobcat
May 5th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Removal of the Track would be nice, but we cant dig down. The stadium is only about 200 yards from Spring Lake which feeds the San Marcos River. So basically the water table their is so high that if you dig down a couple of feet you will hit water. We would to have drain the water out, and then concrete out the whole field. Unfortunately I dont see that happening or how possible that maybe.

We will probably wrap it around to the end zone complex which would put us at about 21-25 thousand. If there is ever need we can pull out the track and completely Bowl in the Stadium.

Or the triple decker? xrotatehx xlolx xnodx

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/mbd007m/vlcsnap-698591.png
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/mbd007m/vlcsnap-698373.png
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/mbd007m/vlcsnap-697706.png

McTailGator
May 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I know no one cares about TXST's desire to move Div I-A/ FBS, but I know stadiums are a popular topic and I would like to share TXST's plans to expand Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. Regardless, what may happen in the next few years is not for me to say but I'm excited to see our University investing in the Football program regardless what level we play in.

It's nice when an SLC school does anything to upgrade it's facilities no matter how long you plan to be around.

It's too bad you guy's don't have room for a new track stadium somewhere else. You could dig down and add some Box seats closer to the field and kind of bowl it in a bit. New endzone seats opposite of the field house would be a good place to put your students who could use some a "Time Out" at times. It wouls also make a nice place to have concerts if you had EZ seating.

McTailGator
May 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Removal of the Track would be nice, but we cant dig down. The stadium is only about 200 yards from Spring Lake which feeds the San Marcos River. So basically the water table their is so high that if you dig down a couple of feet you will hit water. We would to have drain the water out, and then concrete out the whole field. Unfortunately I don't see that happening or how possible that maybe.

LOL...

Trust me, you can dig down.

The playing surface at Cowboy Stadium is BELOW sea level and the level of Contraband Bayou, just across the street. Also, the normal ground water gradient is about 10 feet above the playing surface as well. That's why it took so long and costs us so much to put in our current artificial surface.

This GSE-Turf excels in stopping groundwater infiltration. Arkansas State had the same problem as us. Their stadium is built in a hole too. We are the only to universities that play games on the GSE product at this time. GSE started out in the Environmental Remediation Liner business. They manufactured synthetic liners for land fills and surface impoundments. My company uses a lot of their products.

Your fans would like being closer to the field.

MplsBison
May 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Removal of the Track would be nice, but we cant dig down. The stadium is only about 200 yards from Spring Lake which feeds the San Marcos River. So basically the water table their is so high that if you dig down a couple of feet you will hit water. We would to have drain the water out, and then concrete out the whole field.

No that would not be necessary.

Take a look at McNeese's field, for example.

It can be done!

slycat
May 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
LOL...

Trust me, you can dig down.

The playing surface at Cowboy Stadium is BELOW sea level and the level of Contraband Bayou, just across the street. Also, the normal ground water gradient is about 10 feet above the playing surface as well. That's why it took so long and costs us so much to put in our current artificial surface.

This GSE-Turf excels in stopping groundwater infiltration. Arkansas State had the same problem as us. Their stadium is built in a hole too. We are the only to universities that play games on the GSE product at this time. GSE started out in the Environmental Remediation Liner business. They manufactured synthetic liners for land fills and surface impoundments. My company uses a lot of their products.

Your fans would like being closer to the field.

good to hear. another problem digging down is that it is limestone. wont be cheap or easy to do it. my guess is theyll save the money and leave the track. plus with all the restrictions on the edwards aquifer im sure they wouldnt let us anyway.

McNeese75
May 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I am sure there are more Eco issues in SM.

TXST_CAT
May 6th, 2008, 12:10 AM
good to hear. another problem digging down is that it is limestone. wont be cheap or easy to do it. my guess is theyll save the money and leave the track. plus with all the restrictions on the edwards aquifer im sure they wouldnt let us anyway.

The biggest road block is the Edward's Aquifer and the blind salamander. xoopsx

appfan2008
May 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM
those stadium renderings on the previous page were something special... if that really were the plan... that would be sick...

TexasTerror
May 6th, 2008, 08:37 AM
those stadium renderings on the previous page were something special... if that really were the plan... that would be sick...

That was from Friday Night Lights, the NBC show as they computer generated upgrades to Bobcat Stadium.

89Hen
May 6th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Or the triple decker? xrotatehx xlolx xnodx

That was from Friday Night Lights, the NBC show as they computer generated upgrades to Bobcat Stadium.
xeyebrowx xconfusedx What was the story behind that?

andy7171
May 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
xeyebrowx xconfusedx What was the story behind that?

The coach was being recruited to coach at the fictional Texas Methodist University.

MaximumBobcat
May 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
The biggest road block is the Edward's Aquifer and the blind salamander. xoopsx

For those that don't know what he's talking about, there's some super rare salamander that lives ONLY in San Marcos. :D xlolx ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_cave_salamander

The Texas Blind Salamander, Eurycea rathbuni, is a rare cave-dwelling troglobite amphibian native to San Marcos, Hays County, Texas, specifically the San Marcos Pool of the Edwards Aquifer. The salamander has blood-red external gills for absorbing oxygen from the water. The salamander's mature length is 13 cm (5 in). Its diet varies by what flows into its cave, including shrimp, snails, and amphipods.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6b/Texas_blind_salamander.jpg/240px-Texas_blind_salamander.jpg

89Hen
May 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
The coach was being recruited to coach at the fictional Texas Methodist University.
Ah. Does the stadium at Texas State have a view of a skyline, or was that computer too? xconfusedx

MaximumBobcat
May 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Ah. Does the stadium at Texas State have a view of a skyline, or was that computer too? xconfusedx

Nope, that's the Austin skyline.

We have a much prettier view of the Texas hill country. :D

McTailGator
May 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
For those that don't know what he's talking about, there's some super rare salamander that lives ONLY in San Marcos. :D xlolx ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_cave_salamander

The Texas Blind Salamander, Eurycea rathbuni, is a rare cave-dwelling troglobite amphibian native to San Marcos, Hays County, Texas, specifically the San Marcos Pool of the Edwards Aquifer. The salamander has blood-red external gills for absorbing oxygen from the water. The salamander's mature length is 13 cm (5 in). Its diet varies by what flows into its cave, including shrimp, snails, and amphipods.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6b/Texas_blind_salamander.jpg/240px-Texas_blind_salamander.jpg

Well hell...

What would happen to this world without that guy on it?

Save the Salamanders!

We need them for...

ah, well, something... xnutsx

BEAR
May 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Well hell...

What would happen to this world without that guy on it?

Save the Salamanders!

We need them for...

ah, well, something... xnutsx

Do they eat mosquitos?? xconfusedx xlolx

Za-KEE-uS
May 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Do they eat mosquitos?? xconfusedx xlolx
"Its diet varies by what flows into its cave, including shrimp, snails, and amphipods."
No, this little prick is competition xlolx

BEAR
May 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
The reason I asked is because I have seen games where the blood loss on the field wasn't caused by our defense.....but rather by those nasty bloodsucking refs that fly around....oh....wait a minute...I mean those blood thirsty mosquitos that ruin a good game. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xlolx