PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 19th Open Dates

DotCat
October 7th, 2005, 01:19 AM
With Western Carolina's game at Nicholls State cancelled two weeks ago due to Hurrican Rita, WCU coach Kent Briggs is attempting to schedule a game on the Catamounts open date on November 19th. Below are a list of schools with the same open date. The ones with an * also lost a game or games this season. The number next to the school is how many games they now currently have on their schedule. I'm guessing teams with 11 games won't be interested. Any thoughts on who the Catamounts should try to pick up? My choice would be Missouri State as they too lost a game.

Austin Peay-11(Pioneer)
Butler-11(Pioneer)
Central Conn. State-11(Northeast)
Davidson-10(Pioneer)
Dayton-10(Pioneer)
Drake-10(Pioneer)
*Grambling State-10(Southwestern Athletic)
Illinois State-11(Gateway)
Indiana State-11(Gateway)
Iona-10(Metro-Atlantic Athletic)
**Jacksonville-8(Pioneer)
La Salle-11(Metro-Atlantic Athletic)
*Missouri State-10(Gateway)
Monmouth-10(Northest)
Morehead State-11(Pioneer)
Morgan State-11(Mid-Eastern Athletic)
Portland State-11(Big Sky)
Robert Morris-10(Northeast)
Sacramento State-11(Big Sky)
Sacred Heart-10(Northeast)
Saint Peters-10(Metro-Atlantic Athletic)
Samford-11(Ohio Valley)
San Diego-11(Pioneer)
**Southern-8(Southwestern Athletic)
Valparaiso-11(Pioneer)
Wagner-11(Northeast)
Western Illinois-11(Gateway)
Youngstown State-11(Gateway)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Dayton wouldn't be bad either. Their fans talk about what a great mid-major they are but they don't play anybody. If not Missouri State i think Dayton would be a decent game atleast give the #1 major a chance against above average SoCon team.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2005, 08:01 AM
I really wish the Kats could play Missouri St. Seems they're a solid team, but we'll get them next year...

I'd go Missouri St and then Southern in my pecking order though do to the hotel issue, traveling to any Louisiana schools may be tough and with their budgets in flux due to Katrina and Rita, it could be tough for them to travel as well...

Hansel
October 7th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I really wish the Kats could play Missouri St. Seems they're a solid team, but we'll get them next year...

I'd go Missouri St and then Southern in my pecking order though do to the hotel issue, traveling to any Louisiana schools may be tough and with their budgets in flux due to Katrina and Rita, it could be tough for them to travel as well...
MO St would be my choice as a WCU fan, especially for potential playoff consideration

89Hen
October 7th, 2005, 08:12 AM
As far as I know, a team can't play a 12th game this year so toss all the 11 game teams. If I were to rank my choices if I were WCU...

1. Southern - They're struggling this year and they would bring a good crowd.
2. Missouri State - Seems like a good choice.
3. Grambling State - WCU might be better off with no game than a loss
4. Davidson - at least they're in state

The rest are a toss up....
Dayton
Drake
Iona-10
Jacksonville
Monmouth
Robert Morris
Sacred Heart
Saint Peters

WCU LawCat
October 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I like your ranked order but I don't think Gambling would be so favored. Bruce would struggle against the Cats Defense IMHO. Probably tougher D than any of the teams in the SWAC. I would expect WCU to be working hard next week to get a game on 11-19 since we have an off week. 9 games is not good for the kids who play for WCU. They want to play football. Its also not good for recruiting. Kids will wonder why WCU could not get another game.

GeauxLions94
October 7th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I'd take Jacksonville :eek: You have a better chance of getting them at home, it's a close trip and they probably need the $$$. Plus, it's a sure win :D

OL FU
October 7th, 2005, 03:45 PM
As far as I know, a team can't play a 12th game this year so toss all the 11 game teams. If I were to rank my choices if I were WCU...

1. Southern - They're struggling this year and they would bring a good crowd.
2. Missouri State - Seems like a good choice.
3. Grambling State - WCU might be better off with no game than a loss
4. Davidson - at least they're in state

The rest are a toss up....
Dayton
Drake
Iona-10
Jacksonville
Monmouth
Robert Morris
Sacred Heart
Saint Peters

You put them in the right spot, there is a reason they no longer play football in the SoCon. :D

DotCat
October 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
You put Davidson in the right spot, there is a reason they no longer play football in the SoCon.

Yep, but it would be fun just to give them a SoCon beatdown.

OL FU
October 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Yep, but it would be fun just to give them a SoCon beatdown.

If you have offensive problems they would not show in that game. And even FU could shut them out :D

JALMOND
October 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
No disrespect intended, but I would rather play W Carolina Nov 19 than play Boise this weekend. Two excellent I-A programs in one year might be a bit too much.

DetroitFlyer
October 8th, 2005, 04:33 PM
If Dayton plays in the PFL Championship game, that would be 11. If I remember right, the PFL Championship game is 11/19/05.