PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Merchandise Sales Rankings - A couple FCS school's on the list

Mountaineer2825
April 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/Second+Quarter+Rankings+2007-2008

#49 - Montana
#61 - Georgetown
#67 - Villanova
#68 - Texas State
#70 - Delaware

No App State on the list, but way to go Montana!

DFW HOYA
April 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/Second+Quarter+Rankings+2007-2008

#49 - Montana
#61- Georgetown
#67 - Villanova
#68 - Texas State
#70 - Delaware

That number has been dropping for a number of years. Georgetown needs to start marketing some football products.

Mountaineer2825
April 30th, 2008, 10:14 PM
#49 - Montana
#61- Georgetown
#67 - Villanova
#68 - Texas State
#70 - Delaware

Fixed it. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Keep in mind, this is not a complete list of schools. Not all the schools are affiliated with the company listed. We bring this up every year, but wanted to make sure to note it again...

appfan2008
May 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Keep in mind, this is not a complete list of schools. Not all the schools are affiliated with the company listed. We bring this up every year, but wanted to make sure to note it again...

what schools would you be refering to?

thinking off the top of my head for schools that i expected but did not see... i would go with ohio state

89Hen
May 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
#70 - Delaware

Both shocking to me. UD does such a crappy job marketing merchandise. They are really tough on licensing and I don't think I've ever received a catalog from the school. xnonono2x

AppSt has to be climbing big time. Your fans were as decked out as I've ever seen in Chatty. xnodx

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2008, 08:46 AM
what schools would you be refering to?

thinking off the top of my head for schools that i expected but did not see... i would go with ohio state

Here is a list of the institutions involved in CLC...

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/institutions.html

Amongst the institutions not listed include Texas A&M, St. Johns, North Carolina State, Appalachian State and Grambling. Figure each of those would be ranked amongst the top 75...

AppSt has to be climbing big time. Your fans were as decked out as I've ever seen in Chatty. xnodx

Appalachian State is not affiliated with CLC, so would not be on this list...though I am sure people will overlook my post and continue to hate on ASU.

stevdock
May 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
I don't see USC - Southern Cal on that list either.

Catamount2009
May 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
I was driving through Sylva yesterday and saw a man wearing a Grizzlies sweatshirt

SideLine Shooter
May 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
I was driving through Sylva yesterday and saw a man wearing a Grizzlies sweatshirt

Poor sole..

For being in Sylva!!xnodx

wkuhillhound
May 3rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
WKU is #75!!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

aust42
May 4th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Georgetown and Villanova are that high because of their basketball programs.

crunifan
May 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Iowa, Iowa State, or UNI are not supported by CLC. UNI might not have been super high, but I know Iowa would have been.

Grizaholic17
May 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
it's not surprising to me at all that montana is #49. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep going up from there. I was in Seattle and in one of their specialty sports stores, there was a wall dedicated to griz products. Alot of west coast cities have griz wear in them...not to mention griz fans always buy the latest fad products! we're addicted. I have a whole two drawers dedicated to griz stuff...and they're stuffed!

TXST_CAT
May 5th, 2008, 01:07 AM

#49 - Montana
#61 - Georgetown
#67 - Villanova
#68 - Texas State
#70 - Delaware

Considering we are the only FCS school in Texas on the list says a lot for our reputation improving in the State. We also out sold Big XII Bylor and UTEP.xthumbsupx SMU, RICE and A&M don't seem to be on the list. Number one is only 15 min North of Texas State.xeyebrowx

Saint3333
May 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Both shocking to me. UD does such a crappy job marketing merchandise. They are really tough on licensing and I don't think I've ever received a catalog from the school. xnonono2x

I'm surprised too, merchandise sales were up 400% through October last year. Having Michigan St., OSU, and Penn St. fans buying ASU gear didn't hurt.