PDA

View Full Version : CAA preview

ChickenMan
April 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Another fine job by the CAA people..

a preseason look at all 12 CAA schools...

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=1447554

DTSpider
April 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
The CAA folks do a great job.

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM

yes they doxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:29 PM
great job CAA... very interesting analysis

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Yup. This is exactly why I was so excited when they announced the move from the Basketball10, er A10.

BTW, I love the chest thumping in the article...

- 4 appearances in last 5 NC games
- 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs since 2001
- 27 playoff wins in the last 6 years

:D

DTSpider
April 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Of course, I should add that I'm not surprised. I think that we all knew Chuck Boone would do a great job leading the charge. He's been pushing for this to happen for a long time and knows how to do things the right way.

jmu_duke07
April 30th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yup. This is exactly why I was so excited when they announced the move from the Basketball10, er A10.

BTW, I love the chest thumping in the article...

- 4 appearances in last 5 NC games
- 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs since 2001
- 27 playoff wins in the last 6 years

:D

I'm guessing the 2 teams that hadn't made playoff appearances are Rhode Island and Northeastern...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 30th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing the 2 teams that hadn't made playoff appearances are Rhode Island and Northeastern...

Actually, I think it is URI and Towson. Northeastern made the playoffs in 2002 when they tied Maine for the best record in the league at 7-2. Maine also made the playoffs that year as well as in 2001.

HiHiYikas
April 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Actually, I think it is URI and Towson. Northeastern made the playoffs in 2002 when they tied Maine for the best record in the league at 7-2. Maine also made the playoffs that year as well as in 2001.
That 2002 Maine squad was the last to beat Appalachian in the playoffs. 14-13 on probably the most miserable afternoon I ever spent in Boone.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
That 2002 Maine squad was the last to beat Appalachian in the playoffs. 14-13 on probably the most miserable afternoon I ever spent in Boone.

Miserable because of the outcome or miserable because of the weather during the game? If it was the latter, then Maine probably wasn't phased by it. Hard to imagine any late November/early December weather in Boone that the Black Bears hadn't already experienced in Orono.

Keeper
May 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
VERY THOROUGH PREVIEW!xthumbsupx

Helped me correct many roster errors.
Need same from other conferences.
The Big Sky prospectus put out earlier was very lacking.

Hoyadestroya85
May 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
They do a good job.. and oh man this makes me excited for the season..

HiHiYikas
May 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM
Miserable because of the outcome or miserable because of the weather during the game? If it was the latter, then Maine probably wasn't phased by it. Hard to imagine any late November/early December weather in Boone that the Black Bears hadn't already experienced in Orono.
Both, and then some. The game-time temperature wasn't terribly low for Boone, but the wind was very cold and very strong. Made trouble for the Mountaineer passing game - if you can believe it, they haven't always had a mobile, dual-threat QB type.

It was a bad day for offense in general. ASU took a 10-0 lead into the third quarter, when a Maine INT set up their first touchdown. They tacked on another in the fourth, and came away with a 14-13 win.

Holding a team scoreless for almost 3 quarters, then blowing the lead, is a miserable way to lose. ASU didn't lose another home game after that for four years. And, even thought it was Georgia Southern who gave them the loss, I didn't feel as bad about it.

I remember seeing the game temperature printed someplace and being surprised at how high it was (maybe 22 degrees?) compared to the way I remember feeling. I don't think either team is/was prone to being effected by low temperatures, but it sure bothered us fans.

All 4,311 of us - and that's another reason it was a miserable game. Since that game, ASU's average home attendance has been just shy of 19,000.

89Hen
May 1st, 2008, 08:23 AM
URI and Towson.

89Hen
May 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
And the year before they won at McNeese in the first round.

Ivytalk
May 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Very slick, sophisticated marketing piece for the CAA, packed with valuable info. Two thumbs up!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Gene Siskel

redspider
May 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yes I liked all of the information very much and I am so excited for teh spider team we are still very young. If we were able to go so far with a young team and many injuries last year I think we will have alot of success this year.