PDA

View Full Version : Thread #5 on Appy/Woff

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
There should definitely be 5 threads on the topic.

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM
At least link back to the others. Makes it easier for everyone to follow. xcoolx

bandl
April 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM

OK, everyone has to agree that this is a little bit funny! xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
OK, everyone has to agree that this is a little bit funny! xlolx xlolx xlolx

I actually committed a sin....I positive repped Mplsbison for this thread. xeyebrowx :o

Appaholic
April 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM

As opposed to how many threads about a team who has yet to play a meaningful down in FCS ball (ie; playoffs)...xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM
hey can i atleast get credit for starting the FIRST one?

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
hey can i atleast get credit for starting the FIRST one?

Gotcha. xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
hey i figured it was better to start it and leave it be, as opposed to letting somebody else do it and getting semi-bashed for putting 2 cents in on yet another app state thread:)

HiHiYikas
April 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
No offense to KiddBrewer, whose "FINALLY" sentiment was on-target, but the fact that the thread announcing the news didn't contain "Appalachian," "Wofford," "Nationally Televised," or "ESPN2," in the title might have led to some unneccesary proliferation.

eaglesrthe1
April 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
No offense to KiddBrewer, whose "FINALLY" sentiment was on-target, but the fact that the thread announcing the news didn't contain "Appalachian," "Wofford," "Nationally Televised," or "ESPN2," in the title might have led to some unneccesary proliferation.

Yeah, I only see one other thread. I sense some major jealousy here.xrolleyesx

HiHiYikas
April 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I only see one other thread. I sense some major jealousy here.xrolleyesx
There were in fact 4 threads, now all condensed under the earliest title (doesn't mean nobody's jealous)...

FINALLY!! - Today, 01:26 PM

App State-Wofford Halloween ESPN2 - Today, 01:51 PM

APP/Wofford to be on ESPN2 Halloween night - Today, 01:57 PM

I'm not sure, but I think ASU/Wofford is going to be televised??? - Today, 02:05 PM

the last one was tongue-in-cheek, of course...

KiddBrewer
April 29th, 2008, 07:01 AM

ha yea i see that now, sorry i was just excitedxconfusedx xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

terrierbob
April 29th, 2008, 07:21 AM
So...what's this thread about? Threads?

AppAlum2003
April 29th, 2008, 07:22 AM

Wait, I'm confused. Are we going to talk about knitting? xconfusedx

813Jag
April 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I actually committed a sin....I positive repped Mplsbison for this thread. xeyebrowx :o
We forgive you, don't make it a habit. xlolx
xoutofrepx

WUTNDITWAA
April 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Kind of like the coffee table book about coffee tables. xsmiley_wix

terrierbob
April 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Or the show about nothing. Good show so far.

SideLine Shooter
April 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Or the show about nothing. Good show so far.

I think I'll take a drink!!xbeerchugx xbangx

AppStFan76
April 29th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Armanti Suits to be specific!xsmiley_wix xnodx xnodx xnodx

DLS
April 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
what are the odds on wofford actually winning a nationally televised game vs. app?

AppAlum2003
April 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
what are the odds on wofford actually winning a nationally televised game vs. app?

Well, based on last year's results, I'd say pretty good. No excuses... they flat out beat App last year. xsmhx

DLS
April 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
yea i just dont see that happening again.

Eyes of Old Main
May 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM

But you did see it last year. xnodx

We'll see in the fall, my friend.

SoCon48
May 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM
But you did see it last year. xnodx

We'll see in the fall, my friend.

That's why fans buy tickets.

CopperCat
May 2nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
As opposed to how many threads about a team who has yet to play a meaningful down in FCS ball (ie; playoffs)...xcoffeex

If I were ASU and it was playoff time, I would be very afraid of NDSU. Choose your words wisely.

RazorEdge19
May 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM

And what Armanti Edwards-lead team has really shown significant success against Wofford?

Answer: None

2006: 14 ASU 7 Wofford
2007: 42 Wofford 31 ASU
2008: ?
2009: ?

I don't know why, but he has always seemed to have struggled against Wofford's defense.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
And what Armanti Edwards-lead team has really shown significant success against Wofford?

Answer: None

2006: 14 ASU 7 Wofford
2007: 42 Wofford 31 ASU
2008: ?
2009: ?

I don't know why, but he has always seemed to have struggled against Wofford's defense.

With all respect, maybe you should check your facts before using the terminology And what Armanti Edwards-lead (led) team.

Armanti barely played half the game as he was still recuperating from injuries and likely should not have played. Trey Elder played..led...all but two plays of the second half.
Armanti was struggling, but not because of the Woff Defense.

31 points between our hobbled first string and our 2nd string QB should have been gracious plenty to have beaten Woff. your offense is good..but wouldn't boast too much about the defense giving up 31 points at home.
Anyway, have a good season up until Halloween. Maybe App'll have a little something for you.

Appaholic
May 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
If I were ASU and it was playoff time, I would be very afraid of NDSU. Choose your words wisely.

Afraid?...No.....respectful of their team.....yes...be foolish not to be......we won't pull a Hauck.....just get tired of hearing about the greatness of NDSU when they haven't won anything yet......may happen this year....the sooner the better so they actually have something to crow about IMO.......xcoffeex

RazorEdge19
May 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM
With all respect, maybe you should check your facts before using the terminology And what Armanti Edwards-lead (led) team.

Armanti barely played half the game as he was still recuperating from injuries and likely should not have played. Trey Elder played..led...all but two plays of the second half.
Armanti was struggling, but not because of the Woff Defense.

31 points between our hobbled first string and our 2nd string QB should have been gracious plenty to have beaten Woff. your offense is good..but wouldn't boast too much about the defense giving up 31 points at home.
Anyway, have a good season up until Halloween. Maybe App'll have a little something for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Michigan gave up 34 points to your offense, so I'll take allowing 3 less points then the winningest program in the history of college football.

If you want to call your offense 'hobbled', then I assume that the ASU coaching staff was wrong to say Armanti was 100% prior to the Wofford week, not to mention Trey Elder would be a starter for any other college program. Don't cop-out and say your offense was 'hobbled'.

As for Halloween, I'm looking very forward to it.

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
If you want to call your offense 'hobbled', then I assume that the ASU coaching staff was wrong to say Armanti was 100% prior to the Wofford week, not to mention Trey Elder would be a starter for any other college program. Don't cop-out and say your offense was 'hobbled'.

As for Halloween, I'm looking very forward to it.

Yes they were wrong to say AE was 100% before the Wofford game. As a matter of fact I was watching the season recap disc, from my Quest for 3 DVD set, and the comments from coach Moore were that they should never have believed AE when he said that he was 100%, thay all knew he wasnt, they were just hoping he was. A mistake I'm sure they will never make again, if it can be helped.xsmhx

All that being said, Wofford won that game and as many App fans when talking about our win over Michigan, or any team, and even our hopefull win over LSU say, "a win is a win"

I thought it was a hell of a game!!xthumbsupx

And I too cant wait for Halloween Night!!

DLS
May 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
dont know if anyone has taken a chance to look at some of armanti's pics on facebook (gay. i know) but seriously the kid is looking as swolt as ever.

+10-15 lbs easy

so wofford in 08 is going up against a bigger, faster, stronger AE and a vastly superior defense this time around.

like i said, "i just dont see that happening again"

AppAlum2003
May 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
dont know if anyone has taken a chance to look at some of armanti's pics on facebook (gay. i know) but seriously the kid is looking as swolt as ever.

+10-15 lbs easy

so wofford in 08 is going up against a bigger, faster, stronger AE and a vastly superior defense this time around.

Old Timers on AGS: "Facebook? What's a Facebook? Do you mean the media guide?"

DLS
May 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Old Timers on AGS: "Facebook? What's a Facebook? Do you mean the media guide?"

for everyone that is just being introduced to the internet, facebook is the government's new scheme to keep tabs on us.

but alot of the players post pictures from spring practice on there so its useful too.

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM

+10-15 lbs easy

Got a link?

DLS
May 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Got a link?

gotta have an account and see if they will add you to their list.

armanti's profile is mostly pics of his new baby girl.

cute kid. definitely looks half man, half god.

eaglesrthe1
May 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM
so, that makes him a buck 70, right?:D

DLS
May 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM
so, that makes him a buck 70, right?:D

only after a 20lb dump.

Appguy
May 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Arm looks pretty big here
http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/121/97/77602227/n77602227_30642293_3691.jpg
and here
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v215/121/97/77602227/n77602227_30605027_9839.jpg

I think he looks bigger in pads too (could be bigger pads?)
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v239/50/40/29717146/n29717146_34226820_3833.jpg

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
for everyone that is just being introduced to the internet, facebook is the government's new scheme to keep tabs on us.

but alot of the players post pictures from spring practice on there so its useful too.

I saw AE running through downtown Boone a few weeks ago, and all I can say is he needs to be on the cover of a Wheaties box cause he's surely been eating his!!xthumbsupx

AppStateold299
May 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I like the pics of him. I do have to say he has put a little bulk on over the off-season. I only hope he keeps up the improvement this year.

BeauFoster
May 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM

AE has a kid? When did this happen?

B&G
May 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
AE has a kid? When did this happen?

During the National Championship game... he became Delaware's daddy. ;)

AppAlum2003
May 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
During the National Championship game... he became Delaware's daddy. ;)

What about Delaware's older brother, Richmond?

B&G
May 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
What about Delaware's older brother, Richmond?

Nah, they were just his b*tch.

terrierbob
May 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'd say we'll probably be a 10-14 points underterrier.

asucrutch23
May 5th, 2008, 10:03 PM

Underterrier...I kinda like that...very clever.xthumbsupx

Can't wait to see THE ROCK under the lights again. PC game early in the year and now "Friday Night Lights" against the Terriers. Talked to James Hill (senior WR) last week and he said the boys are ecstatic to be playing some night games... (I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer the tailgating in the afternoon/evening too... not an early bird like some of you). Well here's to a well played game and showing the national audience some quality FCS football xthumbsupx xnodx

Peems
May 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
AGS has hit a new creepiness level, we are posting pics of a sophomore QB with his baby girl!!!

Peems
May 5th, 2008, 10:18 PM
AGS has hit a new creepiness level, we are posting pics of a sophomore QB with his baby girl!!!

Adding to that, we all know FCS fans throughout the country are happy it's not a boy!!

asucrutch23
May 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Also on his profile, you can find that he has 24 friends at Ohio State, 27 at Michigan State, and 57 at Penn State...wonder why? xsmiley_wix (man I have too much time on my hands now that exams are over)xthumbsupx

asucrutch23
May 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM

Hmm...does that make SIU the Undersaluki in any game in which they are not favored?xlolx xlolx

terrierbob
May 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hmm...does make SIU the Undersaluki in any game in which they are not favored?xlolx xlolx

Of course.

MplsBison
May 6th, 2008, 09:45 AM

AGS = After Game Stalkers.

KiddBrewer
May 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
AGS = After Game Stalkers.

hey, you can say something i agree with. i know it was possible.xrolleyesx

citdog
May 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I THINK IT IN POOR TASTE FOR YOSEFS TO TRY AND CLAIM A sOCON TITLE FROM LAST SEASON. WOFFY DID DEFEAT Y'ALL AND WAS THE CHAMPION. WHAT'S HAPPENING ON HALOWEEN?

asucrutch23
May 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I THINK IT IN POOR TASTE FOR YOSEFS TO TRY AND CLAIM A sOCON TITLE FROM LAST SEASON. WOFFY DID DEFEAT Y'ALL AND WAS THE CHAMPION. WHAT'S HAPPENING ON HALOWEEN?

In all fairness to Wofford, they deserved to be the outright conference champs. However, according to current SoCon rules, App gets the co-champ. We didn't claim anything, they just gave it to us. Wofford got the autobid and we were left to hope for the at-large. Fortunately, there wasn't much hoping involved and we got it and did some work, but Wofford in my eyes is the 2007 SoCon Champ because they got the autobid. As far as Halloween night, it should be a tough battle. We'll have to prove we deserved the "co-champ" title the SoCon gave us against the team that shared it with us. Can't wait to be at The Rock! Best of luck to both ballclubs and may folks from the NCHSAA quit crying about Friday night college football games...xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xsmiley_wix