PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I can create a thread that is good news for not just only my beloved Mountaineers, but another SoCon team as well! Ive been waiting for the right moment.

http://www.goasu.com/article/11912/

Big News for ASU, Wofford, The Southern Conference, and FCS as a wholexrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

brownbear
April 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, that will be awesome!!

danefan
April 28th, 2008, 12:29 PM
That's really awesome. I hope its in HD!

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 12:31 PM
i dont know which game im looking forward to more now, LSU or WOFFORD?!

NYJMUSupporter
April 28th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Great news for you guys. I really wish the JMU APP game would be picked up by one of the ESPN networks.

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Great news for you guys. I really wish the JMU APP game would be picked up by one of the ESPN networks.

yea i really do too, i cant make the game but id love to see it. its guaranteed to be good.

appheel
April 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
That game is going to be WILD.

Saint3333
April 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
When and who played in the last regular season nationally televised FCS game?

HiHiYikas
April 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
It's not on my semi-season ticket plan, but I might try to make it down for that one...

The Moody1
April 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Starting last season all college football games on ESPN 2 are in HD. :)

asu70
April 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM
yea i really do too, i cant make the game but id love to see it. its guaranteed to be good.
IMO, the JMU-ASU game will be one of the top 5 games in the FCS... if not the top game of the year. Two of the most talented teams in all of the FCS for sure.

spoogemcgee18
April 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
http://goasu.com/article/11912/

Mayhem is the only word that comes to mind.

APPride
April 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
for those of us that have sons playing Friday night football, this is a bummer! I can't believe we have to choose which game to attend.

tarmac
April 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
http://goasu.com/article/11912/

Friday night football returns to The Rock on Halloween when Armanti Edwards and the Mountaineers host Wofford at 8 p.m. on ESPN2 (photo courtesy of Keith Cline)

ASU-Wofford to be Nationally Televised on Halloween
by Appalachian Sports Information

April 28, 2008 - BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State University’s home football game versus Wofford, originally scheduled for November 1, has been moved to Friday, October 31 to accommodate a live national broadcast on ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. at ASU’s Kidd Brewer Stadium.

There are numerous intriguing storylines that make the matchup appealing for ESPN2’s national audience. The contest pits the defending Southern Conference co-champions and is the first between the two teams since Appalachian had its 17-game winning streak snapped by Wofford, 42-31, last Sept. 22 in Spartanburg, S.C. ASU rebounded from the loss to Wofford to go 13-2 en route to its third-straight NCAA Division I national championship, while Wofford (9-4) earned the SoCon’s automatic postseason bid and advanced to the national quarterfinals.

The Mountaineers and Terriers are among the Carolinas’ and SoCon’s winningest programs in this decade. Appalachian has the best record of any Division I institution in North or South Carolina at 79-27 (.745) and the best SoCon record of any conference member (46-14 — .767) since the beginning of the 2000 season. Wofford ranks third overall in the Carolinas (62-32 — .659) and fourth in the SoCon (39-21 — .650) during the same stretch.

The nationally televised Friday night contest is Appalachian’s second in the past calendar year. Last Dec. 7, ASU defeated Richmond, 55-35, in the national semifinals before an ESPN2 national audience and a boisterous crowd of 24,140, the largest for a non-championship game in NCAA Division I FCS (Football Championship Subdivision — formerly Division I-AA) postseason history. Appalachian is 12-0 all-time when playing on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU.

To assist Appalachian and the local community in accommodating what is expected to be a large crowd, Watauga High School has moved its home game versus Morganton Freedom to Thursday evening.

“We’re very appreciative to Watauga High School principal Angela Quick and athletics director Lavell Hall, as well as North Carolina High School Athletic Association executive director Charlie Adams, for their support in giving us the opportunity to showcase Appalachian, the High Country and North Carolina football to the nation,” ASU director of athletics Charlie Cobb said. “We’re looking forward to providing our fans a festive atmosphere combining Mountaineer football and traditional Halloween activities for the whole family.”

Season tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the ASU athletics ticket office at (828) 262-2079. Single game tickets do not go on sale until August 5 and due to high demand are expected to be extremely limited.

HighRyder08
April 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
i just got so HYPED..... the rock is going to be out of control

Appstate29
April 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
for those of us that have sons playing Friday night football, this is a bummer! I can't believe we have to choose which game to attend.

No contest, go see your son play. But to all Apps that can, try to make it to this game, it will probably be our least attended game all year.

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'm checking sources, but at least three different ones have made the claim....
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40798

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40799

Does anybody know anything about this? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

813Jag
April 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM
When and who played in the last regular season nationally televised FCS game?
Sounds like a big game. I'll be watching. BTW our game with Grambling is televised on NBC every year.

andy7171
April 28th, 2008, 01:06 PM
FINALLY!!!!

bobbythekidd
April 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
xlolx

bandl
April 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I love this quote.... xnodx ...it's such a smack in the face of UNC/NCSU/Duke, etc.:)

"The Mountaineers and Terriers are among the Carolinas’........winningest programs in this decade."

Saint3333
April 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a big game. I'll be watching. BTW our game with Grambling is televised on NBC every year.

Good point. Anyone know when the last nationally televised non-HBCU gamexoopsx?

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
im gonna guess, never, but i dont really know that for sure......i cant imagine it would have happened before. correct me if im wrong.

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Good point. Anyone know when the last nationally televised non-HBCU gamexoopsx?

Yeah. The NC game. :D :D :D :D

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah. The NC game. :D :D :D :D

i think he meant regular season, he implied that on the previous post before he accounted for the Grambling games.

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
i think he meant regular season, he implied that on the previous post before he accounted for the Grambling games.
I know. But it was just sitting there, WAITING to be said. xlolx

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM

fair enough xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
April 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=KiddBrewer;935017]I can create a thread that is good news for not just only my beloved Mountaineers, but another SoCon team as well! Ive been waiting for the right moment.

http://www.goasu.com/article/11912/

Big News for ASU, Wofford, The Southern Conference, and FCS as a wholexrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotate

WOW!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
April 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I love this quote.... xnodx ...it's such a smack in the face of UNC/NCSU/Duke, etc.:)

"The Mountaineers and Terriers are among the Carolinas’........winningest programs in this decade."

THAT IS FACT!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bandl
April 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
THAT IS FACT!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I also meant to include Clemson/USC in there... xrulesx xthumbsupx

Uncle Buck
April 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Excellent news and i will definitely be home watching. I'll also be crushing the halloween candy my kids collect. What a deal!

andy7171
April 28th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Excellent news and i will definitely be home watching. I'll also be crushing the halloween candy my kids collect. What a deal!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

slostang
April 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I am looking forward to watching. Should be a great game.

bjtheflamesfan
April 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM

If its on ESPN2 then its also going to be on ESPN2HD no doubt

lizrdgizrd
April 28th, 2008, 01:59 PM
And you're just the asshole to say it. xsmiley_wix

danefan
April 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Yeah, but just because its on ESPN HD doesn't necessarily mean that its actually in HD.

Touchdown Yosef
April 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I have already put in for a vacation day on Halloween to ensure the maximum amount of tailgating time possible.

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM

I wonder if that is automatically true?

I mean, when you think about it, it's not very likely that people in the south can afford a HDTV or understand what HDTV is.

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 02:05 PM

I mean, when you think about it, it's not very likely that people in the south can afford a HDTV or understand what HDTV is.

ha this website brightens your day doesnt it....a wonderful place to ventxthumbsupx

Appstate29
April 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM

There are lots of really great Bison posters on here. Its funny someone like you, who is considered the AGS Jester, would slander anyone's intelligence, much less the inhabitants of the greatest region of these United States.

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM
much less the inhabitants of the greatest region of these United States.

Appy is a long way from Charlotte.

bluehenbillk
April 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
That's great news for 1-AA (FCS) to have a nationally-telvised regular season game on the duece.

jmu_duke07
April 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Montana isn't necessarily a booming metropolitan either... In which, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Eaglesrus
April 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM

We have our share of folks that aren't real bright down here, me being one of them. Glad to see we're not alone.

Appstate29
April 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Everyday, the administrators at North Dakota State kick themselves in their own ass for giving you a degree. I was born and raised in Charlotte, and I know it well, along with the differences between Boone and Charlotte. It happens that Charlotte and Boone are in the same region, the South. Take your south-envy somewhere else.

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
And you're just the asshole to say it. xsmiley_wix

And don't you forget it. xeyebrowx

AppStFan76
April 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Local ESPN radio just announced the App/ Wofford game.

In the south, where football matter, this is a huge game. Why else would it be Nationally Televisedxthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
Montana isn't necessarily a booming metropolitan either... In which, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Check an atlas, Einstein. Minneapolis isn't IN Montana. And neither is MplsBison. Go **** on Minnesota, eh? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

AZGrizFan
Local ESPN radio just announced the App/ Wofford game.

In the south, where football matter, this is a huge game. Why else would it be Nationally Televisedxthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

Maybe we should start another thread about it? xcoffeex

AshevilleApp2
April 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe we should start another thread about it? xcoffeex

This one will do. Thanks though. :p

lizrdgizrd
April 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
And don't you forget it. xeyebrowx
You're a day one pick in the asshole draft. xnodx :D

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
You're a day one pick in the asshole draft. xnodx :D

I'm invited to the green room. :(

lizrdgizrd
April 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I know several teams have a shirt with your name on it. xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I know several teams have a shirt with your name on it. xthumbsupx

True...so true....but there can be only ONE AZGrizFan.

AshevilleApp2
April 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM
True...so true....but there can be only ONE AZGrizFan.

Praise Allah. xsmiley_wix

APPride
April 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM

thank God...

APPride
April 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM
No contest, go see your son play. But to all Apps that can, try to make it to this game, it will probably be our least attended game all year.

uh...wife's already said going to the Rock :) ...Granddad and Grahms can hold down the fort here...

real dilemma comes in 3 more years if the boy's not playin' @ the Rock xwhistlex

SideLine Shooter
April 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM

Don't smoke too much!!!!!!!!!xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xsplatx

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 03:30 PM
uh...wife's already said going to the Rock :) ...Granddad and Grahms can hold down the fort here...

real dilemma comes in 3 more years if the boy's not playin' @ the Rock xwhistlex

She may have SAID go to the Rock, but did she MEAN go to the Rock.....the ASU/Wofford game is played every year. The son's only got a finite number of games to go watch.

I say go watch the son play. xwhistlex xthumbsupx xpeacex

Grizalltheway
April 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I hear they beat Michigan, too? Can anyone confirm this?!?!

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I hear they beat Michigan, too? Can anyone confirm this?!?!

I'm sure the info is out there. You may really have to dig for it, though.

They are HOT HOT HOT.

Peems
April 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I understand us Griz fans get jealous and are poking fun at the fact that three separate threads have been created, but in reality this is great. The main thing that I can say as a homer Griz fan is that we are distant memory and that could have been us xsmhx

Grizalltheway
April 28th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I understand us Griz fans get jealous and are poking fun at the fact that three separate threads have been created, but in reality this is great. The main thing that I can say as a homer Griz fan is that we are distant memory and that could have been us xsmhx

Talk to Bobby. xcoolx

T-Dog
April 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Think of all the Halloween themed stuff that it could be on a night game.

And knowing how much the students will get into it, KBS will be a proverbial costume party that night.

The possibilities for fun are endless.

thmst30
April 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM

And knowing how much the students will get into it, KBS will be a proverbial costume party that night.

Lucking into that night game against Richmond last year was great for us. It opened up Charlie Cobb's eyes and now we have TWO home night games in one regular season. NEVER would have happened without that game last year, which of course we weren't even supposed to get.

feb18blacksunday
April 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM

It'll be definately a blast. Friday Night Lights meets Freddy Kruger.xlolx

HiHiYikas
April 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM

indeed they are...

appsfan
April 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Yes, I can see the intoduction now on ESPN2:

Welcome to Halloween at The Rock as the Mountaineers try to exorcise one of their demons from the past season....

Appalachian 12-0 on the ESPN family of networks goes for their 13th straight nationally televised win on Halloween night...

The students are in rare form (camera pans to a multitude in costumes)as ESPN2 bring you Friday Night Lights, Mountaineer style on Halloween..
xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx

AlphaSigMD
April 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Yes, I can see the intoduction now on ESPN2:

Welcome to Halloween at The Rock as the Mountaineers try to exorcise one of their demons from the past season....

Appalachian 12-0 on the ESPN family of networks goes for their 13th straight nationally televised win on Halloween night...

The students are in rare form (camera pans to a mutlitude in costumes)as ESPN2 bring you Friday Night Lights, Mountaineer style on Halloween..
xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx xnutsx

Not to curse us or anything, but I think that we already have a 13 game national televised win streak...if you count the Big Ten Network...

I think we won a game on the BTN last year...xthumbsupx

So going for 14th total...but maybe that gets too confusing.

KiddBrewer
April 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Not to curse us or anything, but I think that we already have a 13 game national televised win streak...if you count the Big Ten Network...

well you gotta play in that little game we are playing at the beginning of the season.....

APPride
April 29th, 2008, 05:43 AM
She may have SAID go to the Rock, but did she MEAN go to the Rock.....the ASU/Wofford game is played every year. The son's only got a finite number of games to go watch.

I say go watch the son play. xwhistlex xthumbsupx xpeacex

Well the ASU/Wofford game isn't played on Friday night, Halloween, ESPN, PayBack game etc. every year...my son says he wishes he could go and expects us to go to the Rock while he takes care of business here at home...xthumbsupx

Saint3333
April 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM

Charlotte is one hour and 45 minutes away/110 miles from Boone.

Fairly ignorant post, but it's expected.

biggie
April 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
It was a nice present for them to move it to my bday, it will be fun to see all the craziness.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 29th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know how this came about? Did ESPN2 call both AD's and ask them if they would like to move the game back a day? Had they already moved it back before ESPN2 offered? Or did both schools beg for it?

neersnbeers
April 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Nope. We just have talented football players.

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:21 AM
this will be one exciting night in boone... the students will be out of control... luckily after graduating in 11 days I wont be one of them but i will be a new yosef club member, and season ticket holder without a job! that will be tough in the wallet but who cares!

AppGrad06
April 29th, 2008, 09:50 AM
There are lots of really great Bison posters on here. Its funny someone like you, who is considered the AGS Jester, would slander anyone's intelligence, much less the inhabitants of the greatest region of these United States.

or any inhabitants of the Earth (human or otherwise) for that matter

ericsaid
April 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Actually an hour and a half isn't very far.

ericsaid
April 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Something Ironic is, I didn't see one wofford fan(if there are any) comment on this.

lizrdgizrd
April 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Something Ironic is, I didn't see one wofford fan(if there are any) comment on this.
Why is that ironic?

DLS
April 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Why is that ironic?

"its like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife."
-alanis morisette

CharlestonAppFan
April 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
"its like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife."
-alanis morisette

A traffic jam when you're already late....
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break....

xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix :D xthumbsupx

terrierbob
April 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm jacked!

Speaking of irony- one of my favorite quotes in movies:

"Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at".

Steve Martin as C.D. Bales in Roxanne

AppStFan76
April 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Wouldn't this match up be both the "Post Season" CAA Champ vs. the SoCon Co-Champ.xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

Oh wait App's the SoCon Co-Champ too!xthumbsupx

Bison101
April 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Wow. Congrats.

I wish NDSU could get a game on National T.V.....

oh yeah! The National Championship! xnodx

appsfan
April 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Agreed, but the reference was to ESPN networks, not to the BTN.

AppStFan76
April 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Wow. Congrats.

I wish NDSU could get a game on National T.V.....

oh yeah! The National Championship! xnodx

Too bad it will be a loss to App!!xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
April 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM

If the LSU game is not on ESPN, as I assume it will be due to the info I have heard about ESPN being involved in putting that game together, I think it will be cool for our 13th ESPN win to be on Halloween!

KiddBrewer
April 29th, 2008, 08:10 PM
If the LSU game is not on ESPN, as I assume it will be due to the info I have heard about ESPN being involved in putting that game together, I think it will be cool for our 13th ESPN win to be on Halloween!

AH, but take it a step further....Halloween is on FRIDAY, and a win would be our THIRTEENTH