PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Update - Stadium Discussion

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 09:17 AM
More talk regarding Lamar football, namely as it relates to their facilities issues...

Stadium wish list runs over $18M...

http://home.beaumontenterprise.com/newsphotos/infographics/080427_CardinalStadium.jpg

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19522054&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6

Lamar University's Cardinal Stadium Upgrades and Facility Program Plan
http://home.beaumontenterprise.com/newsphotos/pdf_files/stadium.pdf

MplsBison
April 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Reminds me of McNeese.

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Reminds me of McNeese.

That's who Lamar is going to emulate as the Cards are going to be particularly the head to head rivals of the Pokes in recruiting -- though Lamar will impact the East Texas duo of SHSU and SFA just as much...

It's all about keeping up with the opposition...I question how much $$$ the Lamar program is being thrown their way by alums. I'm not thinking it's as plentiful as some "close" to the program have been putting it...

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
That's who Lamar is going to emulate as the Cards are going to be particularly the head to head rivals of the Pokes in recruiting -- though Lamar will impact the East Texas duo of SHSU and SFA just as much...

It's all about keeping up with the opposition...I question how much $$$ the Lamar program is being thrown their way by alums. I'm not thinking it's as plentiful as some "close" to the program have been putting it...
It'll be interesting to see how Lamar impacts Southern recruiting. They recruit Beaumont and Houston.

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 10:03 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Lamar impacts Southern recruiting. They recruit Beaumont and Houston.

Didn't even think about Southern...good point there.

Some in the SHSU "camp" of fans thinks it will impact McNeese the most, but the Pokes came into the Houston area more so than the Golden Triangle, which has been a SHSU recruiting area. Add in Lamar, that's another team recruiting in Houston.

Our coaches have begun to head "west" and recruit areas of Texas that we have not ventured to before in order to get talent and prepare for the forthcoming addition of Lamar and possibly UTSA to the recruiting mix. Throw in all those FCS and FBS schools that come this way, we needed to expand our base.

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Didn't even think about Southern...good point there.

Some in the SHSU "camp" of fans thinks it will impact McNeese the most, but the Pokes came into the Houston area more so than the Golden Triangle, which has been a SHSU recruiting area. Add in Lamar, that's another team recruiting in Houston.

Our coaches have begun to head "west" and recruit areas of Texas that we have not ventured to before in order to get talent and prepare for the forthcoming addition of Lamar and possibly UTSA to the recruiting mix. Throw in all those FCS and FBS schools that come this way, we needed to expand our base.
I guess it'll make everybody work harder, but the pressure will probably be on Lamar to keep kids at home. That's what happened when Southeastern revived their program.

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I guess it'll make everybody work harder, but the pressure will probably be on Lamar to keep kids at home. That's what happened when Southeastern revived their program.

I guess we'll see who Lamar tabs as their head coach. They are getting lots of pressure from different angles. Seems the pressure is either to do a) make a big splash with a coach folks are familiar with or b) pick up a local HS coach who has had a history of success in the prep ranks.

The Golden Triangle likes their HS football, but after all the "big name" schools come through the area and snatch the talent, I do not think there is enough talent to field a complete team, atleast one that is competitive as some in the Lamar fan camp would like. If they go that route, they'd be taking back their spot in the cellar of the SLC from their San Marcos sister school...

McNeese75
April 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I guess we'll see who Lamar tabs as their head coach. They are getting lots of pressure from different angles. Seems the pressure is either to do a) make a big splash with a coach folks are familiar with or b) pick up a local HS coach who has had a history of success in the prep ranks.

The Golden Triangle likes their HS football, but after all the "big name" schools come through the area and snatch the talent, I do not think there is enough talent to field a complete team, atleast one that is competitive as some in the Lamar fan camp would like. If they go that route, they'd be taking back their spot in the cellar of the SLC from their San Marcos sister school...

I see that happening anyway. xnodx