PDA

View Full Version : Any Reaction to Lafayette Spring Game?

Franks Tanks
April 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I stayed for about 2/3 and really only have few points of interest.

1.) Heffner is in the Press Box as expected with what appers will be full play calling duites. New QB coach Mickey Fain was directing the offense from the sidelines.

2.) The running back situation is still as muddled as ever. Maurice White and Tyrell Coon didnt play so nothing to report there. Morrow got the majority of the carries and looked pretty good. He is quick as lightining but doesnt run with much power.

3.) Curly looked good, and it appears we shall have a more of a vertical passing game this year. This may of course be just that fact that Curly has some experience and the staff is comfortable letting him sling the rock a bit, rather than a change in philisophy. Nathan Padia looked good at WR and made some nice catches.

4.) OL looked pretty good run blocking, but the tackles did struggle a bit protecting on the 5 step drop passes. Either they need to shore that up a bit or we have some beasts playing DE.

Thats all I got.

Pard94
April 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I stayed for about 2/3 and really only have few points of interest.

1.) Heffner is in the Press Box as expected with what appers will be full play calling duites. New QB coach Mickey Fain was directing the offense from the sidelines.

2.) The running back situation is still as muddled as ever. Maurice White and Tyrell Coon didnt play so nothing to report there. Morrow got the majority of the carries and looked pretty good. He is quick as lightining but doesnt run with much power.

3.) Curly looked good, and it appears we shall have a more of a vertical passing game this year. This may of course be just that fact that Curly has some experience and the staff is comfortable letting him sling the rock a bit, rather than a change in philisophy. Nathan Padia looked good at WR and made some nice catches.

4.) OL looked pretty good run blocking, but the tackles did struggle a bit protecting on the 5 step drop passes. Either they need to shore that up a bit or we have some beasts playing DE.

Thats all I got.

Thanks for the insight FT. I'd like to think we have beasts at DE. I for one am thrilled we don't have a QB competition going on right now. I think that will go a long way in allowing the team to start quick out of the blocks. Hey, is that Erick Marsh in your avitar? If so, kudos to you for going old school.xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
April 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the insight FT. I'd like to think we have beasts at DE. I for one am thrilled we don't have a QB competition going on right now. I think that will go a long way in allowing the team to start quick out of the blocks. Hey, is that Erick Marsh in your avitar? If so, kudos to you for going old school.xthumbsupx

That is Mr. Marsh, that was the best pic I could find. I also would like to think it is our stud DE, #95 Mills looked good he was getting some nice QB pressure.

Pard4Life
April 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Morrow played, but I mostly saw Trouser getting the carries.

I know it's only a spring game, but our offense was as impressive as it was last year xboringx ... or the defense is just that good. I bet the staff is going to work on some plays over the summer, and our defense, despite it's quality, needs to improve against teams with good ground games and multi-dimensional attacks (ahem Colgate, Fordham).

Hopefully the presence of Padia will open-up our passing game, with the sophmore getting more looks AND opening up Adair for major yards. Don't overlook Watson, another key reciever at times, as are Conte/Gill.

I was disappointed that Layton was not in the game. Injury?

OL was more porous than I'd like to see, and Peter Raymond did not get many chances to throw the ball... but I could not tell who I liked better, Quilling or Carey. They had their moments.