PDA

View Full Version : ASU v JMU Fall 2008 to be at Night

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
JMU announced today that the upcoming game between JMU and App State will kickoff at 6. I could not be more excited for this game. Get ready for Bridgeforth under the lights App fans. Its going to be nuts.

Touchdown Yosef
April 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
That will be a great game. Any word on the television coverage?

AppAlum2003
April 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
JMU announced today that the upcoming game between JMU and App State will kickoff at 6. I could not be more excited for this game. Get ready for Bridgeforth under the lights App fans. Its going to be nuts.

Do the streamers look different under the lights? Someone should design glow-in-the-dark streamers.

Streamers aside, that's awesome. It might make convincing the wife to go a little easier.

SideLine Shooter
April 23rd, 2008, 12:50 PM

Let's ROCK and ROLL!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

CSUBUCDAD
April 23rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
This would be a good one to televise for sure.

andy7171
April 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Do the streamers look different under the lights? Someone should design glow-in-the-dark streamers.

Streamers aside, that's awesome. It might make convincing the wife to go a little easier.

I HATE those streamers. xpissedx xpissedx xpissedx

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
The streamers look good at any time of day. JMU night games are insane. It gives our fans a chance to get a good nights sleep and have plenty of time to "prepare" for the game. There will be a overflow crowd for this game and I truly believe this will be one of the best regular season games in the FCS in years. JMU is going to want to get their payback and App State is going to want to continue their streak against JMU. Its going to be fun!

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Im not shocked that a Towson fan hates the streamers. You guys tend to see them a lot when we play ;)

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
April 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
while the game is currently scheduled for 6, do not be surprised if it moves to either noon or 3:30 for television coverage. I think 3 of our home games last year got moved from their original starting time to accommodate tv.

andy7171
April 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Sometimes I HATE you JMU Dukies too! :p

Lehigh Football Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
ESPN should do this game. Seriously. xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
April 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
completely unrelated but I was listening to an analysis of the ACC and Duke was brought up and was noted that they have an easy start to this season w/ JMU. I really hope that you go down there and hit them, and their fans, right in the mouth. I have every reason to beleive that you will and will get out of there with a win.

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well I hope Duke does think that they are going to get an easy start. I want them to not take us seriously. They will get whats coming to them. =)

bandl
April 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Sometimes I HATE you JMU Dukies too! :p

Keep it to yourself there, buddy....you got NO ONE else representin' on this board. xcoolx

Appaholic
April 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
completely unrelated but I was listening to an analysis of the ACC and Duke was brought up and was noted that they have an easy start to this season w/ JMU. I really hope that you go down there and hit them, and their fans, right in the mouth. I have every reason to beleive that you will and will get out of there with a win.

That's hilarious.....if anything, JMU has an easy start to the season.....wish we had dook on our schedule......there is no reason, other than schollie amount, that JMU should not walk out of Wallace Wade with a victory.....I will be cheering the Dukes on hard......nothing like punching an ACC team in the nose to start the season......a Wake victory always seemed to brighten App's seasons back in the day......

jmu_duke07
April 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM

Mickey Matthews scares me when it comes to FBS games. He plays not get any players hurt. We should beat the hell out of them, but, who knows.

AppStFan76
April 23rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
What are going to be the chances of us App fans, who are not willing to sell one of our children in order to be Yosef Club members, getting tickets to this game. From the other threads about this match up is sounded as if there were not going to be many tickets available to the App fans, only to the highest paying YC members

BEAR
April 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I bet this is an APP thread.

AshevilleApp2
April 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
What are going to be the chances of us App fans, who are not willing to sell one of our children in order to be Yosef Club members, getting tickets to this game. From the other threads about this match up is sounded as if there were not going to be many tickets available to the App fans, only to the highest paying YC members

Single game tickets for the game have been on sale through JMU's web-site for some time now, you may want to look there.

The catch is that the tickets will only become truly available after August 8th, to allow members JMU boosters club (the Dukes Club?) a chance to buy season tickets. I've gone ahead and bought my ticket and booked a room, now it's just a matter of waiting.

JMU folks please correct me if this is inaccurate.

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
That is correct. Priority will be given to JMU Duke Club members. I have heard that we are on pace to once again sell out our season tix, but I think you will be able to get ticket. It deponds on how many they hold for students and other JMU fans. It will be a sellout for sure. I know some people are pushing the admin to bring in extra seats, but I would not count on that as were are all ready over fire code regulations. Stadium expansion can not come soon enough. It will be SRO for sure!

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
This is what it will be like in Bridgeforth for a night game http://youtube.com/watch?v=v6hmkZaiD_4&feature=related

AshevilleApp2
April 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
This is what it will be like in Bridgeforth for a night game http://youtube.com/watch?v=v6hmkZaiD_4&feature=related

Looks great! I hope my ticket comes through and it is a night game. I'd like to do a little hiking that morning and still have time to tailgate before the game. Any good trails near Harrisonburg?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM

Didn't Richmond beat Duke 16-0 a couple of years ago??????? Guess that ACC Analyst is either delusional or thinks two years ago is ancient history. Of course another option is that he's just plain ignorant. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

NYJMUSupporter
April 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
There are tons of great trails. I will try to find some links and post later. You should check out reddish knob if you get a chance. It is beautiful.

Bison101
April 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
There are tons of great trails. I will try to find some links and post later. You should check out reddish knob if you get a chance. It is beautiful.

I love Virginia. :)

Charlottesville and Williamsburg are my favorite areas.

Don't forget the Fismarket Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria!

proasu89
April 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Well I hope Duke does think that they are going to get an easy start. I want them to not take us seriously. They will get whats coming to them. =)

Duke remembers what Richmond did to them.

T-Dog
April 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
I bought a GA ticket for this game a couple months ago and specified Visitors Section but if those go before it comes to me....I'll find a way. Be it allotment or whatever.

Either way, get ready for an App Invasion of Harrisonburg. xanim_chaix xbandwagonx xasswhipx xbeerchugx

ericsaid
April 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
It will be televised on MASN at the least, and espnU at the most.

ericsaid
April 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm hoping it will be played live and not delayed. I hate sitting at the radio for 4 hours.

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
I HATE those streamers. xpissedx xpissedx xpissedx

Kinda gay, but not that much of a deal.xcoolx

SideLine Shooter
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I love Virginia. :)

Charlottesville and Williamsburg are my favorite areas.

Don't forget the Fismarket Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria!

The Shenandoah Valley is a beautiful drive on 81. Excellent golf courses too. Try Draper Valley xbowx on the south end and Caverns Country Club in Luray. About 30 minutes north of JMU. EXCELLENT!!!!!xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
April 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Fortunately, I have a few friends who are JMU season ticket holders. So they bought a couple extra for this game so me and Mrs. HiHi can tag along.

I think the Appalachian Richmond Alumni Chapter is planning some kind of group get-together in conjunction with the game.

NYJMUSupporter
April 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
And by gay, you mean awesome of course! They seem to really get under the skin of opposing fans and players. I love it! I hope there is an "App invasion". It will make the atmosphere all the more crazy. Fans going at it throughout the game will make it even more fun. Bring it on APP. We will have our revenge! =)

ur2k
April 24th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Didn't Richmond beat Duke 16-0 a couple of years ago??????? Guess that ACC Analyst is either delusional or thinks two years ago is ancient history. Of course another option is that he's just plain ignorant. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

It was 13-0 to start the '06 campaign. We punched them in the mouth defensively - 2 goal line stands in the 4th quarter. It was great, lots of Spider fans in attendance. Hopefully we get another ACC scalp with UVA to begin next year.

That JMU-App night game is made for TV, hopefully someone picks it up. Start the 'Armanti for Heisman' campaign early and maybe ESPN (at least ESPN U) picks it up.

mcveyrl
April 24th, 2008, 09:32 AM
As far as tickets go, if someone can pass themself off as a "youth" they can go with my family.:D :D

It's cheaper to get the 2 adults, 2 youths season ticket package than it is to get 3 season tickets. So, my wife, son and I are covered (baby doesn't need a ticket). We've got one youth ticket left...

Goes to the highest bidder!!

AshevilleApp2
April 24th, 2008, 09:43 AM
As far as tickets go, if someone can pass themself off as a "youth" they can go with my family.:D :D

It's cheaper to get the 2 adults, 2 youths season ticket package than it is to get 3 season tickets. So, my wife, son and I are covered (baby doesn't need a ticket). We've got one youth ticket left...

Goes to the highest bidder!!

I'm immature, does that count?

mcveyrl
April 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm immature, does that count?

Man, I wish. That's all I'd have to buy...a couple of youth tickets...

appfan2008
April 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
It was 13-0 to start the '06 campaign. We punched them in the mouth defensively - 2 goal line stands in the 4th quarter. It was great, lots of Spider fans in attendance. Hopefully we get another ACC scalp with UVA to begin next year.

That JMU-App night game is made for TV, hopefully someone picks it up. Start the 'Armanti for Heisman' campaign early and maybe ESPN (at least ESPN U) picks it up.

we have never lost a game that was shown on the espn family of networks so bring it on

'neers80
April 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
CANNOT WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON!

Eight Legger
April 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM

So it will be dark, hard to hear and an earthquake will cause shoddy camera work? Count me out...
xrolleyesx

NYJMUSupporter
April 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM
haha funny. I cant wait for our home game in Richmond next year. I so love taking over University of Richmond Stadium. It's like a second homecoming for JMU ;)

SoCon48
April 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Duke has been so lousy the last few years that they have to take everybody very seriously. They belong in the non scholly division of the FCS.xcoffeex