PDA

View Full Version : The Official Lehigh/Holy Cross Thread

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Okay, my preview of Lehigh/Holy Cross is up on my blog (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com), and, as I may have mentioned, I'm going to be going to the game this weekend, covering it for I-AA.org. I'm not sure if Mrs. Nation and Junior Nation will be going (it depends when Junior recovers from this nasty fever), but I'm hoping so.

What are everyone's thoughts? Is Holy Cross for real? Will they give Lehigh a game of it?

Chi Panther
October 6th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Lehigh with a serious beat-down!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2005, 01:58 AM
It wont be easy for a half but Lehigh doesn't lose at home. Depth and talent with pull away in the second half. If this game was in Worcester it might be a little different but at Goodman Lehigh's lost 3 regular season games in nearly 7 years. Lehigh is very very tough to beat at home and Holy Cross isn't the team to make it #4.. Lehigh by atleast 2 Td's.

JohnG
October 6th, 2005, 02:28 AM
I think this game will be closer than many expect, especially if Holy Cross can continue to protect the ball the way they have been all season. Although we are coming off of a large 25 point win over Harvard if not for the two huge interceptions in the end-zone it could have just as easily been only 11, had Harvard been able to convert those two drives, not to mention the other four Harvard turnovers. I don’t think we can afford to let Holy Cross march down the field on us like Harvard did last week (whom by the way had more yards of total offense then Lehigh) because they have been lights out in the red zone this season scoring on 20 out of the 22 times they’ve been there. However if Borda can avoid throwing interceptions and our defense can continue to step up and make big plays I think Lehigh will finish on top 38-28.

And just in case you didn’t know this weekend is pacing break, meaning no classes Monday or Tuesday, so a lot of students will probably be gone Friday night. Hopefully I’m wrong and the students will turn out in full force but I am not holding by breath.

~John G '07
GO LEHIGH!

colgate13
October 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Close game that makes Holy Cross look good, but in the end, Lehigh by 10-14 points.

LUHawker
October 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM
The Cross doesn't match up well with Lehigh, particuarly LU's O vs. HC's D. I say Lehigh by 20.

LBPop
October 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I like Lehigh by about 10, but... Have not seen them, but I did see Holy Cross crush Georgetown. They are the only team this season to come out immediately and just go right through the Hoya defense...seemingly at will. Brown didn't do that (despite the final score), Lafayette didn't do that and a healthy Bucknell team with their unconventional offense didn't do that.

If Lehigh makes HC go 70+ yards on the large majority of possessions, then they should be able to score enough to stay comfortably ahead. But if Lehigh hands them the ball at midfield too often, Holy Cross can simply out score them.

Cannot offer any real analysis of the HC defense since the Hoya offense was so inept that day. I really have nothing to use as a basis. Sure, I know it could have been the HC defense that made them look bad, but they looked the same at Stony Brook for 45 minutes, vs. Brown for 45 minutes, etc., etc.

colgate13
October 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM
The Cross doesn't match up well with Lehigh, particuarly LU's O vs. HC's D. I say Lehigh by 20.

A big game for HC has them playing above themselves IMO. My question is can Lehigh get up for a big game two weeks in a row? The Harvard prep and win must have been full of adrenaline. I think they can do it, but I know that Lehigh can't just show up and win against HC. It will take a good Lehigh effort to put away the Saders.

HensRock
October 6th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Get used to hearing the name 'Steve Silva' a lot.

LU 33
UD 34
+
HC 23
UD 35

----------
HC 23
LU 37

But I think it will be closer.

colgate13
October 6th, 2005, 09:50 AM

Agreed. And if he has a good game, I-AA might hear more of him too. Even in a loss, if Silva puts up some nice numbers, especially in a multi-faceted way like w/returns or passing, I would look for him to sneak into the Payton watch list. This is probably his last chance to have a big game against a highly ranked team this year.

LUHawker
October 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM

LU 33
UD 34
+
HC 23
UD 35

----------
HC 23
LU 37

But I think it will be closer.

LU 49
Harvard 24
+
Harvard 31
HC 21
_______
LU 35
HC 21

Seems like its consistent

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
LMAO!! Look at all the predictions so far:

HensRock: LU 37 HC 23
Hawker: LU 35 HC 21
Colgate13: LU 32 HC 21
Dougherty: LU 38 HC 24
Me: LU 34 HC 21

You can't get more consistent than that!

colgate13
October 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
LMAO!! Look at all the predictions so far:

HensRock: LU 37 HC 23
Hawker: LU 35 HC 21
Colgate13: LU 32 HC 21
Dougherty: LU 38 HC 24
Me: LU 34 HC 21

You can't get more consistent than that!

Which of course means Holy Cross 10 Lehigh 7. :eek::p

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2005, 01:07 PM

Don't scare me like that! :eek:

Forecast does call for showers, so theoretically it could be low-scoring. Also, it's more likely to ground Air Lehigh than Ground Silva.

89Hen
October 6th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Lehigh 36 - Holy Cross 22 :p

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Lehigh 36 - Holy Cross 22 :p

:lmao:

bluehenbillk
October 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Having had seen both teams I'd go with LU by 7-10 points, being a tight game all the way.

MRxHC
October 6th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I may be quick to jump to this conclusion but could this be the deciding game in the patriotleague.

colgate13
October 6th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I may be quick to jump to this conclusion but could this be the deciding game in the patriotleague.

Given the fact that Lehigh and Colgate have no league games yet, and Lafayette has two but hasn't played Lehigh, Colgate or Holy Cross... I would say that's a quick jump. Looking back you might be right. I'm just not on any bandwagon in the PL yet. Case in point: Lafayette 2004. They weren't given the time of day of winning the PL all season long until Colgate choked at Bucknell in their second to last game.

This is a long season boys.

ngineer
October 6th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Forecast for the Lehigh Valley on Saturday is now steady and possible heavy rain as the latest tropical storm comes up the coast. With that forecast and possible students on break, crowd could be one of the smallest in years.
Goodman's field is usually in pretty good shape and it drains fairly well, but this could make things a little more interesting. Last big rain game was Lehigh's "upset" of Fordham in 2003 when Jemaine Pugh went nuts, rushing for over 200 yards in the CSTV game of the week. Wet fields can make certain players excel (as opposed to accel). Silva could be a 'mudder', and we know the that Rath, with his low center of gravity should do well on a slow track. Wet field usually gives advantage to receivers, as well, with the db's having to react (assuming receivers don't fall on the cuts).
Gilmore will have his troops pumped up for his 'return' to Lehigh. At the same time, the Lehigh seniors will remember Tom, as well, so there will be a certain amount of 'extra' effort from both sides.
Holy Cross is one of the top teams in I-AA in the turnover ratio and Lehigh has had some trouble this year protecting the ball (VMI & Harvard). TO's always being the 'spoiler', I predict Lehigh 31-20.

LBPop
October 7th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Forecast for the Lehigh Valley on Saturday is now steady and possible heavy rain as the latest tropical storm comes up the coast. With that forecast and possible students on break, crowd could be one of the smallest in years.

Regardless of a team's strengths or weaknesses, bad weather is usually an equalizer. All favorites in the middle atlantic and northeast are potentially in trouble this weekend. Not to change the subject, but the Georgetown faithful (all six of them ;) ) are sure glad that the field turf is down. Should be plenty of good seats for Duquesne. :p

Fordham
October 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM
To any Lehigh fans - how does the fact that Gilmore knows the Lehigh system so well play into this? Although the same could be said of Lehigh's knowledge of him and his tendencies, etc., I think the ad goes to him as far as inside knowledge for prep goes.

The rain and Gilmore's knowledge are the 'x' factors to me, but after watching the LU-Harvahd game, I have to pick Lehigh by 10. They looked very, very good.

njhoya
October 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I don't believe that there is an "r" in Haahvad.

LBPop
October 7th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I don't believe that there is an "r" in Haahvad.

But there is one in "Hoyer". :D

"Ho" Dweller
October 7th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Gilmore knows the Lehigh brand of football but I believe since he left Lehigh went through a new OC and has gone through 2 DC's. He has been around coach Lembo for a while so I would think he has some insight into his coaching personality.

Given the weather conditions, Lehigh's big win last week and Gilmore's "homecoming", this could be a very interesting game saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see a one score win in either direction.

justballn21
October 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Gilmore knows the Lehigh brand of football but I believe since he left Lehigh went through a new OC and has gone through 2 DC's. He has been around coach Lembo for a while so I would think he has some insight into his coaching personality.

I wonder if Lehigh has ever really changed their defensive scheme though or if they have the same 4-3 that Gilmore used over there. It will be a lot different than last year also in the fact that Lehigh knew everything we were going to throw at them defensively, because Holy Cross used almost exactly the same scheme as he had taught Lehigh. Our new defense is more of an unorthidox 3-4 system so it should be interesting to see how the Lehigh Mountain Hawks respond to a scheme that is much different than classic Patriot League 4-3 schemes. Good luck to both teams. It will be a defining game for both.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Any AGS posters crazy enough to brave the monsoon? Aside from me, of course.

colgate13
October 7th, 2005, 01:57 PM

I would be, but I don't think there's a game at Andy Kerr tomorrow. :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2005, 01:58 PM

I'll be there. Rain doesn't bother me, i've played in it back in the day. I'm still holding out hope the weather will improve as the day goes on though. Hopefully enough people brave it to give the Hawks a legit homefield advantage, something they haven't enjoyed in over a month.

LBPop
October 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Watching football in lousy weather adds to the atmosphere. If it can't be sunny and cool, then let it be ugly. I'll be at the new place tomorrow watching the Hoyas.

Engineer91
October 7th, 2005, 03:43 PM

I'll be at the Haahvaad at Cornell game. It's going to be tough keeping the smoker up to temperature with all this rain.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I'll be at the Haahvaad at Cornell game. It's going to be tough keeping the smoker up to temperature with all this rain.

I had a chance to go to the Penn State-Ohio State game but couldn't get anyone to go along for ride from Philly to State College. Come 7:45 tomorrow night i think i'm going to be kicken myself for not going. I plan on giving up one Lehigh game, not Colgate or Lafayette, to get out to PSU for a game.

LUHawker
October 7th, 2005, 04:45 PM

I'll be there in my rain gear, but I don't think there will be many others. :(

JohnG
October 7th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I mean yea it is a 4 day weekend and yea it is going to be raining but I'll still be there getting loud with the rest of the Hawks Nest. As long as the thunder and lightning stays away it'll be a blast.

hawkineer
October 7th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I'll be there since I need to take GO LEHIGH TU OWL's raingear to him. As you can see from his dedication to LU football, I've done a great job of raising him with the right set of priorities. :D :D :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I'll be there since I need to take GO LEHIGH TU OWL's raingear to him. As you can see from his dedication to LU football, I've done a great job of raising him with the right set of priorities. :D :D :D

Option 3 was always Temple-Maryland at the Linc. I think there might be twice as many people at the Lehigh game then there will be at the Owls game. Temple is holding strong at #1 on espn.com's bottom 10, Buffalo isn't even in shouting range.

Tubby Raymond
October 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM

Ditto, it's time for new blood in the PL. :D

LBPop
October 7th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Option 3 was always Temple-Maryland at the Linc.
Hey, if you decide to go, please cheer once or twice for the Terps. I'm a Maryland alum with a kid at Georgetown. Fast becoming a total I-AA convert.

ngineer
October 7th, 2005, 08:29 PM

Oh, I'll be there for sure. Got my new rain suit. Plus it's Volunteer Weekend--think of all those great lunches under the tent that will need scarfing with all the no-shows :D
I don't see much of an advantage for Gilmore. There sure wasn't any last year. Lehigh may 'show' the same basic set, but they are constantly in motion dropping some and rushing others. Good ol' tackling, running and passing will win the day.

blukeys
October 7th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Hey, if you decide to go, please cheer once or twice for the Terps. I'm a Maryland alum with a kid at Georgetown. Fast becoming a total I-AA convert.

Pop what have you been smoking!!!. There will be more Terp fans at the Linc than Temple fans by a long shot. If the Terp fans don't make the drive up from Md., The game will look and sound like a scrimage.

Trust me on this the game will be a home game for Maryland. Whenever Delaware played Temple in Philly it was a home game for the Hens.

bkrownd
October 8th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Watching football in lousy weather adds to the atmosphere. If it can't be sunny and cool, then let it be ugly.

Autumn is all about "atmosphere" and cool, moody weather. Love it.

LBPop
October 8th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Pop what have you been smoking!!!.

But, I never inhale... ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Going to the game here in 1/2 an hour. You can use this thread to track the score of the game. Also, check out my blog for possible audioblogger updates of (probably, at the bare minimum) halftime and postgame analysis.

Look for the beige all-american hat if you're going!

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Going to the game here in 1/2 an hour. You can use this thread to track the score of the game. Also, check out my blog for possible audioblogger updates of (probably, at the bare minimum) halftime and postgame analysis.

Look for the beige all-american hat if you're going!

Yeah, getting ready to roll, here, too. Will be in a grey and black rainsuit. Section WF.
Forecast has gotten worse. We have already had 5 1/2 inches in EAston since yesterday. Supposed to get heavier through the day. Radar shows some real heavy stuff down south coming up. Protect the Ball1

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I'm heading over around 11 or a little after from my buddy's at Kutztown. It is litterally monsooning out, just look at the radar for the Northeast. Should be interesting to say the least, ball protection and maintaining discipline on D will be key.

lugo02
October 8th, 2005, 11:05 AM
And just in case you didn’t know this weekend is pacing break, meaning no classes Monday or Tuesday, so a lot of students will probably be gone Friday night. Hopefully I’m wrong and the students will turn out in full force but I am not holding by breath.

~John G '07
GO LEHIGH!

Lehigh Still has pacing break?
Didn't they abandon that in 2002...
Oh wait that was only in the spring semester

Chi Panther
October 8th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Game loooks amazing on TV!

btuttler23
October 8th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Listen to the game online:

Holy Cross @ Lehigh (http://www.sportsjuice.com/asx/holycross108.asx)

BlackSaturday
October 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Watching it on Fox Sports Pitt. What a mudbowl, wow.

btuttler23
October 8th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Listen to the game online:

Holy Cross @ Lehigh (http://www.sportsjuice.com/asx/holycross108.asx)

This audio feed is hilarious. When they "cut to commercial" their mic's stay on and no commercial is played, so you hear their side comments ("how about those red sox?", "we're one commercial short, i'll get 5 in next quarter")

ps. GO LU

lugo02
October 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Lehigh 10 Holy Cross 0 -Halftime

justballn21
October 8th, 2005, 02:47 PM
13-10 holy cross with 4:30 left in the game.....what a nailbiter

mainejeff
October 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Nice late comeback by Holy Cross....definitely a program on the rise in the Patriot.

lugo02
October 8th, 2005, 02:53 PM
:( :( :( :( :( Lehigh Lost :( :( :( :( :(

lugo02
October 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I was fearful that this year for lehigh will be like the year 2002.
Looks like it is happening... Who will be the Fordham of the PL this year?

hvsader
October 8th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Holy Cross won

lugo02
October 8th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Lehigh... Bottom feeders of the PL

justballn21
October 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
this was a great effort on both sides. although im sure lehigh must be discouraged, both teams gave it everything they had and this game will most definitely be remembered as one of the great games of the patriot league. But both teams put in maximum effort and i knew that whoever would pull away from the game victorious deserved it, whether it be Lehigh or Holy Cross.

btuttler23
October 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Lehigh... Bottom feeders of the PL

I wouldn't be down on LU just yet. This game had some of the worst weather to play in. Not an excuse for a loss since both teams played on the same field, but the weather equalized the teams.
Both teams had one 1 offensive TD. The punt return for a TD by HC was the difference.
With 1 OOC loss and 1 PL loss, Lehigh now has no margin for error however.

bulldog10jw
October 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
this was a great effort on both sides. although im sure lehigh must be discouraged, both teams gave it everything they had and this game will most definitely be remembered as one of the great games of the patriot league. But both teams put in maximum effort and i knew that whoever would pull away from the game victorious deserved it, whether it be Lehigh or Holy Cross.

Have to hand it to Holy Cross. They seem to find ways to win.

breezy
October 8th, 2005, 03:42 PM
My wife and I attended the Holy Cross - Lehigh game today; I have to give her credit for enduring the conditions but at her request we left at the half and listened to most of the second half on the ride home.

I can only recall one other game that I attended where the rain was so unrelenting; it was a Holy Cross - Bucknell game back in the 1980s.

Although Lehigh led 10-0 at the half, Holy Cross did have two decent offensive drives that it could not complete. Lehigh seemed to be able to get wide on some runs and moved the ball that way; both teams had trouble with the pass. The Lehigh FG was set up when Lehigh had 4th and goal at the 2 and was going to go for it, but a false start pushed it back to the 7 and it settled for the 3 points.

Listening to the third quarter on the radio, it sounded like Lehigh had more trouble with the wet ball and had some bad snaps in the shotgun that led to losses and long yardage. Silva's punt return for a TD seemed to turn things around. HC adjusted to the end sweeps and shut down the run. Lehigh also had some untimely penalties.

Lost radio contact when HC got the ball around midfield following a Lehigh punt. Got home and saw the good news that HC scored a TD and won the game. Even my wife (who is not crazy about football) was happy and excited when she heard the news.

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't be down on LU just yet. This game had some of the worst weather to play in. Not an excuse for a loss since both teams played on the same field, but the weather equalized the teams.
Both teams had one 1 offensive TD. The punt return for a TD by HC was the difference.
With 1 OOC loss and 1 PL loss, Lehigh now has no margin for error however.

The difference was ELEVEN fumbles, with three lost, to no turnovers by HC. Even the non-lost fumbles were drive breakers. Can't start drives constantly at 2nd and 18 when you can't throw. Especially the two fumbles down at the goal line. That was 11 point swing. What is heartbreaking about losses like this is when you know you haven't been 'beaten' or outplayed, but just keep shooting yourself in the azz. LU had over 100 more yards on offense and plenty more first downs. Lehigh will now have to run the table. HC will not go undefeated. Colgate and/Lafayette should beat them. We could very well have a multiple tie for first place as I was predicting pre-season.
BTW--by game end, the Lehigh Valley has had 9 inches of rain in 24 hours. Don't know how many watched, but to see it in person was something else. I have never seen such a quagmire, and I've played in a good number of rain games.

colgate13
October 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Yikes - the score wasn't exact, but that's not a bad call! :eek:

MRxHC
October 8th, 2005, 06:14 PM
The difference was ELEVEN fumbles, with three lost, to no turnovers by HC. Even the non-lost fumbles were drive breakers. Can't start drives constantly at 2nd and 18 when you can't throw. Especially the two fumbles down at the goal line. That was 11 point swing. What is heartbreaking about losses like this is when you know you haven't been 'beaten' or outplayed, but just keep shooting yourself in the azz. LU had over 100 more yards on offense and plenty more first downs. Lehigh will now have to run the table. HC will not go undefeated. Colgate and/Lafayette should beat them. We could very well have a multiple tie for first place as I was predicting pre-season.
BTW--by game end, the Lehigh Valley has had 9 inches of rain in 24 hours. Don't know how many watched, but to see it in person was something else. I have never seen such a quagmire, and I've played in a good number of rain games.

Granted there were 11 fumbles, but HC's vets on offense took care of the ball. HC's defense also caused some of those turnovers. With regard to Colgate and Lafayette- saying that they should beat Holy Cross - I'm not so sure about that. Both games will be at home for HC, and I think the veteran leadership, after all the cross has been through, will be showcased. As an HC fan. Watch for HC to throw a couple parties down on Fitton.

colgate13
October 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM
With regard to Colgate and Lafayette- saying that they should beat Holy Cross - I'm not so sure about that. Both games will be at home for HC, and I think the veteran leadership, after all the cross has been through, will be showcased.

I don't think anything in the PL, or in I-AA in general, this year is a given. Every game will be hard fought. The key will be what teams can build on prior weeks and get better.

The PL auto-bid champ will likely have one league loss, if not two. :eek:

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
With regard to Colgate and Lafayette- saying that they should beat Holy Cross - I'm not so sure about that. Both games will be at home for HC, and I think the veteran leadership, after all the cross has been through, will be showcased.
If they don't, then Holy Cross certainly deserves to represent the P.L. in the post-season.

One thing is clear, this LU team was either vastly over-rated or has vastly underachieved. In HC's case, it appears that the opposite is true. :(

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 07:09 PM
If they don't, then Holy Cross certainly deserves to represent the P.L. in the post-season.

One thing is clear, this LU team was either vastly over-rated or has vastly underachieved. In HC's case, it appears that the opposite is true. :(

This team is underachieving right now. They gave away both losses on critical inability to protect the ball; and almost gave away the VMI game. There is not question they have the physical ability to play with any of the teams in I-AA, but if they're not going to execute by being mentally tough, then there could be repeats of today.

JohnG
October 8th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I thought there were a few bad calls by the refs today but thats no excuse. You cant drop the ball 11 times against a good team like Holy Cross and expect to win. Congatulations to Holy Cross on a great game.

Also I was wondering does anybody know what the attendance was? Lehigh's box score must be listing the paid attendence (5713). And does anybody have a copy of the game? I forgot to set my VCR.

Hopefully Lehigh can bounce back with a big win over Yale next week.

Go Lehigh

hawkineer
October 8th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Also I was wondering does anybody know what the attendance was? Lehigh's box score must be listing the paid attendence (5713). And does anybody have a copy of the game? I forgot to set my VCR.

The actual attendance was actually about 1270. Are you really serious about anybody having a copy of the game? After sitting out in the monsoon today, trust me, you really don't want to watch this again.

JohnG
October 9th, 2005, 01:58 AM
The actual attendance was actually about 1270. Are you really serious about anybody having a copy of the game? After sitting out in the monsoon today, trust me, you really don't want to watch this again.
haha good point. It's not as much that I want to watch the game again as I just want to see what it looked like on TV and be able to look back and go wow I was I really crazy enough to stand through that rain storm.

YaleFootballFan
October 9th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Yikes, I'd hate to be Lehigh's next opponent.

Oh wait, we're playing them. :eek:

ngineer
October 9th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I thought there were a few bad calls by the refs today but thats no excuse. You cant drop the ball 11 times against a good team like Holy Cross and expect to win. Congatulations to Holy Cross on a great game.

Hopefully Lehigh can bounce back with a big win over Yale next week.

Go Lehigh

Yeah the attendance was the advance paid. Too bad, there probably would have been 12,000 or so w/o the rain. I estimated 2,000 in the stands.

ngineer
October 9th, 2005, 02:56 PM

Guess my estimate was a 'little' high. Couldn't tell how many bodies were under some of those big golf umbrellas :D