PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota schedule is out

Libertine
April 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.yankton.net/stories/041908/spo_270053287.shtml

Reading this, it looks like they have back-to-back bye weeks in October. Has anyone seen that before?

813Jag
April 19th, 2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.yankton.net/stories/041908/spo_270053287.shtml

Reading this, it looks like they have back-to-back bye weeks in October. Has anyone seen that before?
Southern had that in November in 1993. Back-to-Back weeks off before the Bayou Classic.

The Sheriff
April 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
UND has back to back bye weeks this fall. But from what I hear they are still working on a game for one of those dates, despite officially releasing the schedule to the public.

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Saw the 2009 schedule is 99% complete...

What do they have going on? Don't they have McNeese on the schedule next year? All the GWFC games, what else?

89rabbit
April 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
D-II game on the road? xeyebrowx xnonox xnonono2x

BEAR
April 20th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Glad to see we're not on your "rent-a-win" schedule! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx...oh wait a minute...this isn't South Dakota State's schedule...

JackTwice
April 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Thank goodness someone else noticed that!

ButlerGSU
April 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
"The schedule consists of six D-I FCS schools, three NAIA schools and two D-II schools."

Why so many NAIA and D-2 schools?

MplsBison
April 20th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I believe they were trying to schedule what are known as "home games".

SiouxFallsJack
April 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM

And in South Carolina.xeyebrowx

grizband
April 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
"The schedule consists of six D-I FCS schools, three NAIA schools and two D-II schools."

I would imagine, since USD is not yet playoff eligible, they are attempting to increase interest in their fans by scheduling very winnable games. Also, parts of this schedule may have been confirmed before their move to FCS, and USD may be honoring their remaining contracts.

dakotadan
April 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM
From the people who I have talked to it sounds like UND pretty much has its 09 schedule and part of 2010 lined up as well. Sounds like alot of schools were very interested in playing UND but just not this year when they were a non-counter. I didn't really get any of the names of the schools that UND is setting contracts up with for the future.

Has anyone heard who USD is lining up for future years?

Hansel
April 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
@ North Greenville Nov 1

:pumpuke: :pumpuke: :pumpuke: :pumpuke: :pumpuke:

Why travel to NC to play a DII school who averaged less than 3k fans a game last year?

another NAIA at home who have been better

Hansel
April 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Saw the 2009 schedule is 99% complete...

What do they have going on? Don't they have McNeese on the schedule next year? All the GWFC games, what else?

Must have scheduled 99 games with 1 to go

JackTwice
April 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Gotta give them a bit of a break. They are a non counter so I am sure there were several teams that said no thanks for this year but we'd love to see you next year.

In our first year of transition we had the luck of having 3 other transition teams to schedule (UC Davis, UNC, NDSU) so we only had to schedule 1 NAIA and 2 D-II teams.

I just really don't understand travelling to a D-II game. That one blows my mind.

GOKATS
April 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM

They're in limbo, this being a 'transition' year they still count as DII opponents against FCS schools- might as well pad the schedule a bit with some W's and home games (and I really hope the 'Cats aren't part of that padding xsmiley_wix ).

The Sheriff
April 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Gotta give them a bit of a break. They are a non counter so I am sure there were several teams that said no thanks for this year but we'd love to see you next year.

In our first year of transition we had the luck of having 3 other transition teams to schedule (UC Davis, UNC, NDSU) so we only had to schedule 1 NAIA and 2 D-II teams.

I just really don't understand travelling to a D-II game. That one blows my mind.

It takes a lot of guts for you to say that, and I commend you. Your friends in the Green and Gold would NEVER go that far...

The Sheriff
April 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hansel, nice signature by the way...

Hansel
April 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM
It takes a lot of guts for you to say that, and I commend you. Your friends in the Green and Gold would NEVER go that far...

I have no problems with UND's schedule (I am considering going to the UND-Idaho St game)- the first year is rough- you just have to take it and move on.

I just don't see why USD is traveling to NC to play N. Greenville- if they are going to play a DII on the road why not play a UNO, Pitt St, NWMS, or even a Northern St or an Augie?

I am guessing the NGU game is part of home-home agreement- so it appears USD will have a stinker at home next year which won't excite many fans.

Bison101
April 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
THREE NAIA SCHOOLS?!?!?!?!

Wow. I thought UND's schedule was bad. xlolx xlolx

Sir William
April 20th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I just don't see why USD is traveling to NC to play N. Greenville...

Actually, it's SC. And only about 20 minutes north of Furman.

Good luck, Coyotes, with the transition. Welcome to I-AA (yeah, I'm old school).

The Sheriff
April 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM
THREE NAIA SCHOOLS?!?!?!?!

Wow. I thought UND's schedule was bad. xlolx xlolx

Haven't I read that same quote from you before, or are you plagarizing from someone else? In any sense, we got the picture the first time around...