PDA

View Full Version : Prognosticating the Patriot: Week 6

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Is now available on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

The short and sweet:

Lehigh over Holy Cross
Colgate over Princeton
Brown over Fordham
Georgetown over Duquesne
Lafayette over Columbia
Bucknell over Penn :eek: (upset special)

LBPop
October 5th, 2005, 11:16 AM
The short and sweet:

Lehigh over Holy Cross
Colgate over Princeton
Brown over Fordham
Georgetown over Duquesne
Lafayette over Columbia

Getting a little frisky after going 4-1 last week, aren't we? I think there is a potential upset or two on that list, but Bucknell over Penn? I will bow in the direction of upstate NY if you are right on this one. :p

cosmo here
October 5th, 2005, 11:17 AM

The short and sweet:

Lehigh over Holy Cross
Colgate over Princeton
Brown over Fordham
Georgetown over Duquesne
Lafayette over Columbia

just so you know, Lafayette had the ball inside Georgetown territory on five of six possessions in the second half, and Georgetown crossed the 40 just once, so it's not like Lafayette struggled that much. Also, Lafayette beat Fordham 27-10 in the week between those games, instead of following the Princeton loss with a close game at Georgetown.

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 12:10 PM
just so you know, Lafayette had the ball inside Georgetown territory on five of six possessions in the second half, and Georgetown crossed the 40 just once, so it's not like Lafayette struggled that much. Also, Lafayette beat Fordham 27-10 in the week between those games, instead of following the Princeton loss with a close game at Georgetown.

Thanks for the corrections. I don't know why I thought the games took place the other way around. :confused:

LUHawker
October 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM

(upset special)

Unless its a problem on my end, the link doesn't get me to wk 6, just to your AGS card.

89Hen
October 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
The short and sweet:

Lehigh over Holy Cross
Colgate over Princeton
Brown over Fordham
Georgetown over Duquesne
Lafayette over Columbia

Hmmmm, I wouldn't be surprised if you were 6-0 or 0-6 on those picks. :p

ngineer
October 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
The Bucknell game would not be my pick for an upset.. If any, I'm very concerned about Holy Cross. There will be an emotional aspect to this game, with 'Gilmore's Return' that could be a wildcard. Of course, I'm predicting my fears are just that, but not unrealistic. If you are correct on your 'Bison chip' all of the PL members here on AGS should bow-down in the direction of Hamilton. ;)

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM

The short and sweet:

Lehigh over Holy Cross
Colgate over Princeton
Brown over Fordham
Georgetown over Duquesne
Lafayette over Columbia

I agree as to all but Colgate-Princeton (I'll pick the Tigers by 6) and Bucknell-Penn.

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Unless its a problem on my end, the link doesn't get me to wk 6, just to your AGS card.

Try refreshing your browser. I think it is working fine from my end.

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 02:36 PM
If you are correct on your 'Bison chip' all of the PL members here on AGS should bow-down in the direction of Hamilton. ;)

That game might have me end up looking like a horse's ass, but in order to win big, you got to lose big!

LBPop
October 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM
That game might have me end up looking like a horse's ass, but in order to win big, you got to lose big!

Probably worth the risk, since if correct, your reward will be having two adults (chronologically, at least) bowing down toward Mecca (er, Hamilton, NY).

ngineer
October 5th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Probably worth the risk, since if correct, your reward will be having two adults (chronologically, at least) bowing down toward Mecca (er, Hamilton, NY).

Thanks for the qualifier! ;)