PDA

View Full Version : Alabama A&M schedule

813Jag
April 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I just wanted to add Alabama A&M to the completed schedule list.

Alabama A&M 2008 football schedule

Aug. 30 Tennessee State, 6 p.m.

Sept. 6 at Jacksonville State, 6 p.m.

Sept. 13 at Louisiana-Monroe, 6 p.m.

Sept. 20 Central State (Ohio), 6 p.m.

*Sept. 27 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6 p.m.

Oct. 4 vs. Tuskegee (Circle City Classic), Indianapolis, TBA

*Oct. 11 Grambling (Homecoming), 3 p.m.

*Oct. 18 Alcorn State, 6 p.m.

*Oct. 25 Alabama State, 2:30 p.m.

*Nov. 8 Prairie View, 1 p.m.

*Nov. 15 at Jackson State, 3 p.m.

*Nov. 22 at Mississippi Valley State, 2 p.m.

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Pretty solid OOC schedule -- barring travel conflicts -- for AAMU. Nice FCS matchups against Tenn St and JaxSt. An FBS game against ULM. Classic against Tuskegee. In a 12 game year, a second sub-Div I game is somewhat acceptable and they got a team with some history, not bad.

Wonder if AAMU is going to get South Alabama on the slate when they add football, before the move up to FBS. Have they played Samford recently? Seems there are some great options in Alabama to fill the OOC for the next few years...

Franks Tanks
April 18th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Maybe a stupid questions but does that say that Alabama A&M and Tuskgee play in Indianapolis, why would they do that?

DetroitFlyer
April 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Central State moving to FCS?

Interesting that Central State is now playing three FCS games this season, Dayton, Youngstown State, and Alabama A&M....

danefan
April 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Interesting that Central State is now playing three FCS games this season, Dayton, Youngstown State, and Alabama A&M....
And covering a wide variety of FCS while doing it.

Interesting.

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Maybe a stupid questions but does that say that Alabama A&M and Tuskgee play in Indianapolis, why would they do that?

Classic...

They are probably going to make more $$$ from that game if they played it anywhere in Alabama because the promoters are giving out the $$$...

Franks Tanks
April 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Classic...

They are probably going to make more $$$ from that game if they played it anywhere in Alabama because the promoters are giving out the $$$...

How is it profitable for the promoters. I cant imagine there is a tremendous following for HBCU football in Indiana. Not critizing just curious, but if it works why not I guess.

jstate83
April 18th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Classic...

How is it profitable for the promoters. I cant imagine there is a tremendous following for HBCU football in Indiana. Not critizing just curious, but if it works why not I guess.

Circle City Classic (http://www.circlecityclassic.com/index2.html)

The CCC is one of the entrenched CLASSICS.
People come to Indi for that game just to be part of the event.
That includes parades, business expo's, golf, etc., for the 3 day event.

This is the first year they will have a double header.

813Jag
April 18th, 2008, 08:58 AM
The Circle City Classic has been played for 25 years, it routinely draws a large crowd. They change teams every year but the turnout is always good.

nwFL Griz
April 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I just wanted to add Alabama A&M to the completed schedule list.

Alabama A&M 2008 football schedule

Aug. 30 Tennessee State, 6 p.m.

Sept. 6 at Jacksonville State, 6 p.m.

Sept. 13 at Louisiana-Monroe, 6 p.m.

Sept. 20 Central State (Ohio), 6 p.m.

*Sept. 27 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 6 p.m.

Oct. 4 vs. Tuskegee (Circle City Classic), Indianapolis, TBA

*Oct. 11 Grambling (Homecoming), 3 p.m.

*Oct. 18 Alcorn State, 6 p.m.

*Oct. 25 Alabama State, 2:30 p.m.

*Nov. 8 Prairie View, 1 p.m.

*Nov. 15 at Jackson State, 3 p.m.

*Nov. 22 at Mississippi Valley State, 2 p.m.

Link (http://aamusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/alam-m-footbl-sched.html) for those who want it.

Franks Tanks
April 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Circle City Classic (http://www.circlecityclassic.com/index2.html)

The CCC is one of the entrenched CLASSICS.
People come to Indi for that game just to be part of the event.
That includes parades, business expo's, golf, etc., for the 3 day event.

This is the first year they will have a double header.

I see--well that makes sense as it is sort of a destination game for fans and it is obviously a big deal---Thanks xthumbsupx

SU Jag
April 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM

The Circle City Classic is one of the biggest sporting weekends in Indy!

hebmskebm
April 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Id never say never, but I think all the FCS teams on their schedule comes in part from a desperate need for $$$$ for their athletic prrogram, so a move would be a long time away. Additionally, I think they only play like 5 conference games a year, so plenty of leg room to find the best OOC games.

blackcaesar3k5
April 18th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Central State was football powerhouse in Division II back in the 1980's.. And the Marauders were powerhouse within NAIA and Black College Football as well.. The Marauders are playing fourth season of football since dropping program back in late 90's..