PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat field?

Grizzaholic
April 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
A friend who graduated from MSU, I know I know, recently made it back to Missoula and I bumped into him last night. I told him about the new field you guys were getting and he was wondering what kind and when it would be fully installed.

I couldn't remember and don't really want to go looking in all of the Bobcat threads to find it. If anybody knows what and when that would be great.

CatFan22
April 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
The turf type has not been decided yet. They are still researching the different kinds. It will be installed by August 1st from what I've read.

Grizzaholic
April 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks, keep me posted as to when the powers that be decide on a field choice.

GOKATS
April 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Construction should begin shortly after spring ball, so we should have more info in the next 2-3 weeks.

McTailGator
April 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM
The turf type has not been decided yet. They are still researching the different kinds. It will be installed by August 1st from what I've read.

Pro Turf Solutions website has announced that they have won the contract.

http://www.proturfsolutions.com/site/athleticfields/index.html

edit to add link and correct name...

It's Pro Turf Solutions...

The same stuff Chatty has

Grizzaholic
April 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Pro Turf website has announced that they have won the contract.

And what is pro turf exactly? Is it more like astro turf or like the sprinturf we have in Wa/Griz.

CrazyCat
April 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Pro Turf website has announced that they have won the contract.

All I could find was the MSU-Billings soccer fields, could you provide a link.

McTailGator
April 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
All I could find was the MSU-Billings soccer fields, could you provide a link.

You know, I read MSU-Billings and thought it was you guy's. Sorry

Mich Griz
April 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Astro Turf has the bladed in fill product now as well. I don't think they even make the old burber carpet (Fargo turf) any more. It's just like Spin Turf or Field turf. We are looking at installing it at our HS stadium in Michigan. There is over 100 HS stadiums in Michigan with artificial turf. That number surprised me. There is just over 700 HS's that field FB teams here.

Ronbo
April 17th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Another difference between the new turfs and the old Astro Turf is the softness of the blade fibers. When the Griz played at NAU and ISU you always saw the players with protective tape on their forearms and elbows to prevent rug burns. They don't wear it at Washington Griz. The blade fibers are not much more abrasive than real grass.

GOKATS
April 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Apparently updates on the turf and other stadium improvements (additional sky suites, etc.) will be revealed at the final spring scrimmage in Great Falls next weekend.

grizband
April 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Apparently updates on the turf and other stadium improvements (additional sky suites, etc.) will be revealed at the final spring scrimmage in Great Falls next weekend.
Does this mean the quiet phase might be complete?? xrotatehx

GOKATS
April 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Does this mean the quiet phase might be complete?? xrotatehx

I guess we'll find out next week, but I kinda doubt it. The turf is funded by the '84 NC team and there is a long waiting list for the additional skysuites which are a revenue source. If the AD goes beyond those two items as far as further stadium improvements, indoor practice facility, etc. then I'd say the "quiet" phase is over and they'll go public with the capital campaign.