PDA

View Full Version : Cracking the whip at Western Carolina(link)

catamount man
April 17th, 2008, 06:32 AM
http://www.themountaineer.com/cms/display/Sports/pageDisplay.php?page2display=1208152800*14-Cracking%20the%20whip%20is%20working%20at%20Wester n%20Carolina%20.php

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

neersnbeers
April 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Really seems focused. Best of luck.

Eyes of Old Main
April 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
This just goes to show what a goofball Briggs was. I don't know if Wagner will bring championships to Cullowhee, but he can't help but bring more competitiveness and some wins. I sure hope he has a great season as the Catamount faithful really deserve something to get excited about.

AshevilleApp2
April 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Good luck in getting things turned around.

catamount man
April 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
This just goes to show what a goofball Briggs was. I don't know if Wagner will bring championships to Cullowhee, but he can't help but bring more competitiveness and some wins. I sure hope he has a great season as the Catamount faithful really deserve something to get excited about.

You don't know the half of it. Don Powers as DC from 1974-1983 was one of the best the SoCon had ever seen. Don Powers as DC from 2006-2007 was one of the most clueless the league had ever seen. The last 2 years he basically said no blitzing due to personnel issues(??!!!) and even asked our D linemen on more than one occasion, "Guys, what's working out there?" This was told to me by a rising senior on our defense after the Furman game last year while I was tailgating with his family in the parking lot.

And the guy was a DC at a d1 school?!

This coaching staff is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Briggs!!!!! xthumbsupx

Monarch History
April 18th, 2008, 11:02 AM
It sounds like Wagner is taking back the program at WCU. xthumbsupx I hope he turns the Catamount's program around rather quickly.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 18th, 2008, 06:11 PM
That's a pretty poorly written article (there is no quotes and a few of the paragraphs are unclear) but I get the gist of it. If nothing else improves, the discipline problems will.

james_lawfirm
April 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Certainly sounds good for Catamount fans. I truly hope Coach Wagner can make things happen. I also hope that Cat alums will be patient with him.

I really do look forward to a better rivalry with our closest rival.

Monarch History
April 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Certainly sounds good for Catamount fans. I truly hope Coach Wagner can make things happen. I also hope that Cat alums will be patient with him.

Considering how long WCU has been down, I can't imagine that Catamount fan and alums won't be patient with Wagner.xnodx

catamount man
April 18th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Considering how long WCU has been down, I can't imagine that Catamount fan and alums won't be patient with Wagner.xnodx

We will be patient as I expect a 5-7 win season this year and I'm not kidding.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Catamount2009
April 19th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Does that mean one socon win against Chatt? ...Just for humor, my inebriated friend just told me we're only losing two games...FSU and GSU, that's very hopeful by a long stretch?

WCU LawCat
April 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
I don't expect to see Western in the playoffs (I don't think) but my prediction (after hours of searching and thought) for the 2008 season goes something like this.

1) ASU
2) Elon
3) Citadel
4) Wofford
5) WCU
6) Furman
7) GSU
8) Samford
9) UTC

BEFORE SOME OF YOU START LAUGHING AND PICKING I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE A STRETCH, BUT THIS WILL NOT BE THE SAME OLD "YELLOW FLAG" AND "BEAT OURSELVES" WCU. I ALSO DO NOT THINK THERE WILL BE MUCH DIFFERENCE AT ALL BETWEEN THE 4TH PLACE TEAM AND THE 7TH PLACE TEAM.