PDA

View Full Version : Coastal to play Clemson in '09

Tealblood
April 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
announced today we will be playing on Halloween at Clemson in '09

Bennett joked at the press conference that they should wear all orange and we would wear all black and we could look like a bunch of pumpkins out on the feild

AZGrizFan
April 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
announced today we will be playing on Halloween at Clemson in '09

Bennett joked at the press conference that they should wear all orange and we would wear all black and we could look like a bunch of pumpkins out on the feild

Pumpkins aren't black. xconfusedx

Tealblood
April 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Pumpkins aren't black. xconfusedx

depends on how long it sits in the sun

OL FU
April 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Cool, here is to making the 2009 embarrassing matchup list:D

jk:o

Tealblood
April 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
maybe he should have said we will look like a bunch of kids dressed as pumpkins--which in outfits tend to be black where the faca parts are

but I get your point

how bout another picture of your wifes boobies

MarkCCU
April 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
maybe he should have said we will look like a bunch of kids dressed as pumpkins--which in outfits tend to be black where the faca parts are

but I get your point

how bout another picture of your wifes boobies

xcoffeex

I can't wait to hear my Clemson-obssessed family go on and on about this match up.xrolleyesx

CCU97
April 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Which one...the Clemson v. Coastal or Teal and AzGriz over the picture of the boobs?

I like our first 3 FBS games ever....Penn St this year, Clemson next and UGA in 2010! As for making the list next year....Ol FU your name says it all....j/k I think we will do ok considering these will be our first tastes of playing against FBS.....can't be any worse than when we played App St. the first time...

SoCon48
April 16th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Cool, here is to making the 2009 embarrassing matchup list:D

jk:o

xnodx xnodx xnodx

OL FU
April 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Which one...the Clemson v. Coastal or Teal and AzGriz over the picture of the boobs?

I like our first 3 FBS games ever....Penn St this year, Clemson next and UGA in 2010! As for making the list next year....Ol FU your name says it all....j/k I think we will do ok considering these will be our first tastes of playing against FBS.....can't be any worse than when we played App St. the first time...

I believe we were 4-1-1 against 1-A during our first years in I-AA.xsmiley_wix

Footix
April 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
UGA in 2010!

They travel to Athens in 2011, not 2010.

Tealblood
April 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
actually our 2nd FBS will be in '09 but not clemson

clemson will be our 3rd

Jaques
April 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Didn't Bennett say that Clemson was our second 1-A opponent in '09?
Wonder who the other one is?

Tealblood
April 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
He said we open up with another FBS

i'll tell you later

Footix
April 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Open with Kent State on Sept. 5, 2009 and then Clemson on Halloween. Two FBS opponents in one year is a tough road to hoe to get into the postseason.

kirkblitz
April 16th, 2008, 06:21 PM
cool not only will we be national champs in 2009 but we will also be alot richer!! :D

SoCon48
April 17th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Open with Kent State on Sept. 5, 2009 and then Clemson on Halloween. Two FBS opponents in one year is a tough road to hoe to get into the postseason.

FWIW, ASU lost to Kansas and LSU in the same season they won their first National Championship.

SuperJon
April 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM
FWIW, ASU lost to Kansas and LSU in the same season they won their first National Championship.

That was with an auto-bid.

Coastal's trying to pay for that field house somehow.

SoCon48
April 17th, 2008, 07:30 AM
This year's was without an autobid and facing Michigan.

SuperJon
April 17th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Yes, that was this year. I was speaking of the year with two FBS games. Didn't App win the auto-bid that year?

If the Earned Entry thing goes through, Coastal would have a chance, but still wouldn't have an auto-bid.

Bulldog87
April 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Let's go Chants. We'll try to soften the Tigers up for you this year.

Footix
April 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Coastal's trying to pay for that field house somehow.

None of the payout money will be used to fund the fieldhouse. The school is asking the S.C. Legislature to approve a bond package that would pay for that facility and others across campus.

Seawolf97
April 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Nice scheduling only helps the conference !:)

windwalker
April 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Wrong..
First 3 are
Penn St
Kent St
Clemson
Georgia is 2011

kirkblitz
April 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM
lifted from coastalfans.com

"I guess it's to be expected, but I didn't like it. I live in Pennsylvania and I was watching the local sports.
They were showing Jo Paterno in a news conference talking about who would be quarterback. Paterno said
he wasn't sure who would be quarterback, they then went back to the sportscaster who said "Well it really dosn't matter
we have some time, with Coastal Carolina Chadicleers (then he had a huge I roll) on the schedule first were in good shape". "Then the other anchor makes a comment and he says "It was a controversial choice for a season opener, they aren't very good, they have no chance" I don't expect much respect, but just a tiny amount would be nice. At least get our name right. Anyway nothing would make me happier if we just came out and scared them a little in the first half, to gain some sort of respect from them. I'll see you all at the game"

i have always hated paterno and i will always hate him. hes a piece of crap Yankee and that really shows! I hope they fire his arse this season and run him out of the country!

OL FU
April 21st, 2008, 07:27 AM
I joked to start with but I am glad to see CCU playing Clemson. I don't believe an FCS team has ever beaten them and while I would prefer FU to be the first, I'll will be pullin for you. xnodx

SoCon48
April 21st, 2008, 07:31 AM
lifted from coastalfans.com

"I guess it's to be expected, but I didn't like it. I live in Pennsylvania and I was watching the local sports.
They were showing Jo Paterno in a news conference talking about who would be quarterback. Paterno said
he wasn't sure who would be quarterback, they then went back to the sportscaster who said "Well it really dosn't matter
we have some time, with Coastal Carolina Chadicleers (then he had a huge I roll) on the schedule first were in good shape". "Then the other anchor makes a comment and he says "It was a controversial choice for a season opener, they aren't very good, they have no chance" I don't expect much respect, but just a tiny amount would be nice. At least get our name right. Anyway nothing would make me happier if we just came out and scared them a little in the first half, to gain some sort of respect from them. I'll see you all at the game"

i have always hated paterno and i will always hate him. hes a piece of crap Yankee and that really shows! I hope they fire his arse this season and run him out of the country!

Don't hold your breath. Papa Joe basically has that job as long as he wants it.
If you're gonna line up vs the big boys you gotta get used to the dissing.

MarkCCU
April 21st, 2008, 10:27 AM
I wish, that on that day this year, CCU goes to PennState and gives them a run for thier money.