PDA

View Full Version : For Those Enjoying I-AA FB in Louisiana

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I was talking to a contact of mine at Texas Southern. As you may recall, they are hitting the road to play McNeese in Nachitoches this coming Saturday in a game that was put together quickly. They informed me that they couldn't find any hotels anywhere close to Nachitoches for the game so they're going up on game day and coming straight down.

From what I'm hearing from my boss and others (as I assess the situation as it relates to me checking out my residency), the same problems are coming into play throughout Louisiana as it relates to hotel space due to damages to the hotels, the amount of evacuees, workers who are helping rebuild, FEMA folks and the such who are there long-term. Heck, you guys may have heard about the FBI folks who set up on sorority hill at LSU in Baton Rouge.

So word to the wise for those traveling to see Nicholls State, Northwestern State, Southeastern Louisiana, Grambling, Southern or McNeese (wherever that game may be), you may want to begin looking into hotels now if you haven't already. There may not be a hotel for miles and miles around. Maybe you know someone that lives in the area or perhaps it'll be a long day trip, not sure...

Just food for thought...

Coastal89
October 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Can't fans just set up a tent in the parking lot?

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Now that'd be a great idea, wouldn't it? Perhaps some of these folks have kids who live in the dorms and can crash there. Visit their good ole days at school...

McNeese75
October 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM

That will work as long as you don't mind mosquitoes the size of buzzards after your azz :D

Dallas Demon
October 4th, 2005, 11:47 PM

Novel idea, and yes, that just might work! Plenty of places to do that, and you'd be set for the great tailgating.