PDA

View Full Version : Southern University 2008 schedule

813Jag
April 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Here is the official Southen University schedule (http://gojagsports.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/sout/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2008footballsched). The Jags open at University of Houston, with road trips to Tennessee State and the Gulf Coast Classic in Mobile against Alabama State, highlighting the schedule. Also Florida A&M makes their first trip to Baton Rouge since 2000.

TexasTerror
April 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Two trips to Houston this year, eh? Think the faithful will enjoy that?

When I checked last night, the schedule did not clearly show which games were SWAC games and which were not since you have the "nine-game mandate" schedule. Which games are not league games?

813Jag
April 16th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Two trips to Houston this year, eh? Think the faithful will enjoy that?

When I checked last night, the schedule did not clearly show which games were SWAC games and which were not since you have the "nine-game mandate" schedule. Which games are not league games?
The Mississippi Valley game is not a league game. I don't think people will mind going to Houston twice, the PV game is growing in intensity so I think people will turn out for it. I know people who will be at both games. I'm going to try to make the PV game myself.

McNeese_beat
April 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The Mississippi Valley game is not a league game. I don't think people will mind going to Houston twice, the PV game is growing in intensity so I think people will turn out for it. I know people who will be at both games. I'm going to try to make the PV game myself.

I understand there are a lot of SU alums in the Houston area...as there are all Louisiana universities.

The brain drain is sort of annoying. We're becoming a stupid state. Most of our graduates leave and the ones who barely finish high school are staying. But for the pay you get in Texas and, ahem, Florida xpeacex, who can blame our graduates for leaving?