PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris Schedule Released

rmutv
April 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Long speculated, now official.

http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13900&ATCLID=1440909

Date Opponent Site Time
September
6 (Sat.) MOREHEAD STATE Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.
13 (Sat.) BUCKNELL Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.
20 (Sat.) @ Dayton Dayton, Ohio 1:00 p.m.
27 (Sat.) MONMOUTH * Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.

October
4 (Sat.) @ Sacred Heart * Fairfield, Conn. TBA
11 (Sat.) DUQUESNE * Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.
18 (Sat.) @ Bryant Smithfield, R.I. 1:00 p.m.
25 (Sat.) @ Wagner * Staten Island, N.Y. 1:00 p.m.

November
1 (Sat.) CENTRAL CONN. STATE * Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.
8 (Sat.) ALBANY * Moon Township, Pa. 1:00 p.m.
15 (Sat.) @ Saint Francis * Loretto, Pa. TBA

hebmskebm
April 15th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Aside from Duquesne's 10 game schedule (c'mon, give your players a chance to play as many games as everyone else!) and Sacred Heart's fervrent determination to isolate themselves from the rest of FCS as much as possible, the NEC did overall a pretty good job this year.

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Got to give Robert Morris a pat on the back for an all-Div I schedule (yes, I'll count Bryant -- as they are transitioning and the NEC squads are taking care of them)...good job, RMU!

Seawolf97
April 15th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Bryant is respectable and will win some games this season against D 1 teams. They have the potential to be another Albany or Monmouth in a few seasons. They have strong fan support also- that is important.

dgreco
April 15th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Bryant is respectable and will win some games this season against D 1 teams. They have the potential to be another Albany or Monmouth in a few seasons. They have strong fan support also- that is important.
Thanks for the kind words. They said over 1,700 fans showed for the black&gold game so I hope the seaosn brings a bunch of games over the 5,000 mark.

A good schedule by Robert Morris. I also think that Duquesne wanted 11, but couldn't find the right game and were stuck with the 10 game schedule. SHU is another story.

Seawolf97
April 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
RMU's schedule is good. I know they kicked our butts the last time we played them in 2006. In the pouring rain they put up 20 points to our 6 at Stonybrook! They are always a dark horse in the hunt for the NEC title-which I expect Bryant will be someday. And your right dont know whats going on with SHU- I think their interests are in B Ball.

BobbyMo
April 16th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Good lineup for the Colonials. I am very happy with the All FCS sched for the second straight year.

aceinthehole
April 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Nice job RMU. They have 1 AQ conference team (Bucknell) and 2 from the Pioneer. Bryant is transitioning and will be a conference game soon. Good luck.

SHU had a $itty schedule this year, but they have played Holy Cross and Lafayette in previous seasons. I'm not excusing their 2 D-II games this year, but they just may be looking for home games and wins to rebuild the team.

Wagner (who in my opinion should be a NEC jewel in all sports, but has not been able to keep up) has yet to play any AQ conference teams ever. Even SFPA has played Liberty and Del St. Would the Seahawks please get a game with Fordham, Columbia, Stony Brook, or Bucknell, or Colgate. No more former MAAC teams, just give me something to think you want the NEC to go to the playoffs, please!!

hebmskebm
April 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Nice job RMU. They have 1 AQ conference team (Bucknell) and 2 from the Pioneer. Bryant is transitioning and will be a conference game soon. Good luck.

SHU had a $itty schedule this year, but they have played Holy Cross and Lafayette in previous seasons. I'm not excusing their 2 D-II games this year, but they just may be looking for home games and wins to rebuild the team.

Wagner (who in my opinion should be a NEC jewel in all sports, but has not been able to keep up) has yet to play any AQ conference teams ever. Even SFPA has played Liberty and Del St. Would the Seahawks please get a game with Fordham, Columbia, Stony Brook, or Bucknell, or Colgate. No more former MAAC teams, just give me something to think you want the NEC to go to the playoffs, please!!

Well with Marist going to the Pioneer and probably wanting to keep their OOC games with the Patriot League teams, and Iona's future completely up in the air, the Wagners and Sacred Hearts will have their hand forced into branching out in who they schedule. Unless of course they just decide to play a bunch of D2's and D3's. :pumpuke:

Calif_Colonial
April 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I echo BobbyMo's thoughts. I am glad we are all FCS for the 2nd year in a row for the Colonials. Now I have to figure out what games to make this year. Central Conn State and Albany at home in consecutive weeks looks like a good choice. First 2 weeks of November, the weather. . . well it could be nice or it could be nasty! :D

Seawolf97
April 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM

I agree -Wagner could play their entire non conference schedule and never leave the area. Stonybrook, Fordham, Columbia, Hofstra maybe Iona.
No overnight trips, no long bus rides-what a deal !