PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Word on Lehigh Spring Football

Lehigh Football Nation
April 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM
On my blog, of course:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Encouraging is that the DB unit seems to be coming together.

Go...gate
April 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I have to think Lehigh is good for 8 or 9 wins this season and will have a "bounceback" year of sorts. It's Fordham's title to lose, though.

ngineer
April 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Good to hear about Schauder..I think he's Jimmy Kehs cousin from Boyertown Area HS.

LU73
April 11th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Good to hear about Schauder..I think he's Jimmy Kehs cousin from Boyertown Area HS.

Jon Warren, another standout mentioned by Coen, is also from Boyertown. Give the staff credit for finding outstanding players from less than outstanding programs.

ngineer
April 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Jon Warren, another standout mentioned by Coen, is also from Boyertown. Give the staff credit for finding outstanding players from less than outstanding programs.

Yes, over the past few decades, Boyertown's football program has had more down than up. Began, years ago when the old Ches-Mont League blew apart with the northern schools defecting for the new Pioneer League. Boyertown was left out as being viewed as 'too big' so they stayed awhile with the southern schools, the went independent (which really puts a crimp in a program with no championship to play for), and then to the Berks County League, and I think, they are now in the Pioneer Conference. In 'my day' Boyertown was a perennial challenger for the Ches-Mont title (1960's) and had some players go on to some good programs (Villanova, Syracuse, etc.)

ngineer
April 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Also good to see the optimism about the DBs since that is the one area on D that we're lacking in experience. However, the players mentioned have great athletic skills and some speed, so if they have the tools and pick up the coverages we should be okay. With a veteran front 7, and good pressure on the QB, some INTS returned for TDs would be nice. I'd like to see us be more aggressive in our coverage than past couple years, but I don't think we had the skill level sufficient to do that.