PDA

View Full Version : Championship ring pic

appstate38
April 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
For those who are interested check it out. I think they did a pretty good job on the design.xthumbsupx

http://www.goasu.com/page/283/

Blazerbird
April 9th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Very nice.

spelunker64
April 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
They put the Michigan win on there? xsmhx

Tod
April 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
It is nice. Hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, but I don't think they should have put the Michigan stuff on the one side. They should have put the score of the NC game there, which is why they're the champs.

spelunker64
April 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
It is nice. Hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, but I don't think they should have put the Michigan stuff on the one side. They should have put the score of the NC game there, which is why they're the champs.

xnodx Exactly, where are the priorities...

HiHiYikas
April 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Agree 100%

Who was it that said something like

"they don't give you a ring for beating Michigan"

??

uofmman1122
April 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM
They put the Michigan win on there? xsmhxI thought you were joking, until I actually saw it. Even though I know we'll all be called jealous, I agree with Tod. Bad choice. Should have been the Championship game score.

blackfordpu
April 9th, 2008, 10:36 PM

That struck me as odd too. What does the UM game have to do with their championship?

Also, am I the only one who thinks it is about time someone else wins the FCS championship?:p

Skjellyfetti
April 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
looks identical to the giants super bowl ring:

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-04/37405435.jpg

which came first?

AppIAA
April 9th, 2008, 11:58 PM

??

That was somebody by the name of Armanti Edwards, i think?

Some no name QB

KiddBrewer
April 10th, 2008, 12:06 AM
yea im not a big fan of the michigan reference either.....i hope they make them a little better next year.xrolleyesx :D xcoffeex

uofmman1122
April 10th, 2008, 12:19 AM
yea im not a big fan of the michigan reference either.....i hope they make them a little better next year.xrolleyesx :D xcoffeexMe too!

I think

Montana - 27
Appalachian State - 24

is much better! xthumbsupx xlolx xnodx

FCS Go!
April 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM

Maybe they had Dave Coulson design it??? :p

WUTNDITWAA
April 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I don't mind the Michigan reference one bit. It was a giant part of our season. The top states the NC, and the other side the SoCon co-championship. Three accomplishments to be very proud of, and they all should have a spot on the ring.

andy7171
April 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I love the Michigan side! That win, not the NC is what the majority of the country will remember about the 07 season. The three diamond football and NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on the top of the ring says it all.

DLS
April 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
michigan game might not be the most important but it will be the most memorable from the season. i think its justified to be on their.

app's design came first but the giant's are getting theirs done by tiffany's and has 1 or 2 more diamonds on it.

SideLine Shooter
April 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM

The Michigan win was "The Biggest Upset in College Football History". Before that win people that didn't follow FCS Football didn't know about App ST. or where it was. Now they do.

The NC game was such a blowout that everyone will remember as a blowout. The Michigan game set the bar higher for App and should be remembered as that. Can you imagine 40 years from now a player in the Michigan game watching the OSU-Mich game on TV with their grandchildren around and saying "When I played at APP ST. we beat those guys". Man what a story and a special memory and it is on the ring forever.xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx ;) ;)

CharlestonAppFan
April 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I love the Michigan side! That win, not the NC is what the majority of the country will remember about the 07 season. The three diamond football and NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on the top of the ring says it all.

I agree Andy xthumbsupx It was a major part of the 2007 season, along with the SoCon championship, and the NC, all of which are on the ring.

I think that everyone else is just sick of hearing about it; but you know what they say......to be the best, you have to beat the best...so go do it xnodx . Not smacking on any of you but all of the players have worked their tails off to get where they are, and they are proud of what they have accomplished. Nothing wrong with that xsmhx

AppStFan76
April 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
michigan game might not be the most important but it will be the most memorable from the season. i think its justified to be on their.

app's design came first but the giant's are getting theirs done by tiffany's and has 1 or 2 more diamonds on it.

So who told the Giants they could copy us?xsmiley_wix

The Moody1
April 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM

This is a ring that fans can order. This is not the ring the players received.

http://www.goasu.com/subPage/116/

DetroitFlyer
April 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm sure you would all lose sleep at night without seeing the "real" ring....

The Moody1
April 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM

What is the PFL? :D

andy7171
April 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Why no Fordham stadium and score?

Beat ya FranksTanks!!!

SideLine Shooter
April 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
This is a ring that fans can order. This is not the ring the players received.

NICE!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SoCon48
April 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM

The lopsided championship game score might have been deemed offensive to Delaware fans.xeyebrowx

andy7171
April 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
The lopsided championship game score might have been deemed offensive to Delaware fans.xeyebrowx

PPPSSSSHHHH!!! They take offense to everything!

SideLine Shooter
April 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Is that for girls softball?xcoolx

fcsfootball71
April 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I guarantee if every other school in the country had their season go the way ASU's did they would have the same ring design. Plus, I dont think the other 2 rings have the score of the champ games on them either. Looks Great!

AppGrad06
April 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Well it's up to the coaches and players to make the decision as to what they want commemorated on the ring and if they choose the Michigan game it fine by me. My only question is, how is the Big House gonna look after 5 years of wear?

jessesd
April 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Now the million dollar question: it the bling-bling real cubic zirconium? …. We don’t like that fake cubic zirconium stuff in such a nice ring. xnonox xrotatehx xrotatehx LOL xrotatehx xrotatehx xnonox

ButlerGSU
April 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Yeah I thought that was a little cheesy myself, it doesn't list any NC scores but list a non-conference, non-playoff game score?

Odd.

UNHWildCats
April 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM
i got a real problem with that, the ring is meant to honor the National Championship Appy won and Michigan had nothing to do with it. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

paward
April 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I like it. If they had put Edwards yards against us on them I may have a different oppinion.

AppStFan76
April 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM
IMO if App had gone to Michigan and done "what we were supposed to do" and lost, then we would have been 8-3 at the end of the regular season. The Michigan win was a huge part of the season and I think help in App's invite to the playoffs.

So if the players want the Michigan game on their ring, so be it!

JDC325
April 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM

It was bigger than winning the NC in every aspect....TRUTH.....like it or not. Looks like the players and coaches thought so as well....get over it. xcoffeex

neersnbeers
April 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
i got a real problem with that, the ring is meant to honor the National Championship Appy won and Michigan had nothing to do with it. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Well lucky YOU have nothing to do with itxpeacex

Jerbearasu
April 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM

The Michigan win is what everyone is going to remember about the season. They wouldn't have received a ring without winning the championship but as far as reflecting on the season everyone will remember that they went to Ann Arbor and came back with a W in 07.

Last year on the ring they put the home record in the past 4 years on one side to commemorate the contributions of the senior class. Kinda weird for the freshman that were on the team because they didn't have a part in what happened from 03-05 but it was on their ring too... At least this is something that everyone contributed to.

spelunker64
April 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe they had Dave Coulson design it??? :p

Must have, due to the neg rep I got...

Go...gate
April 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Nice ring, and it does commemorate the three straight championships. Hard to ignore the Michigan win, which remains an achievement for the ages in I-AA/FCS.

Eyes of Old Main
April 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
A very nice ring that covers the main accomplishments of the season.

AppMan
April 12th, 2008, 06:11 AM

Considering all the "yea this win is huge, but it's not the most important game of the season" talk we heard from the players and coaches following the Michigan game, I thought it was kind of odd myself. It now looks like all that was just talk. What is actually on the ring puts everything in perspective.

SideLine Shooter
April 12th, 2008, 07:14 AM

First of all they would not have the ring without the NC.
The NC game was a blowout.
The Michigan game set the tone for all college football this year.
Very nice ring that says it all.xthumbsupx

EmeryZach
April 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I actually like that it has the michigan score.

AppStateold299
April 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I agree the Michigan game was huge this year and was all the buzz around college football, but we are talking about the FCS Championship ring. A game with FBS should not be on our ring. The NC score should be on the ring because it is the FCS NC game.

APPALACHIANstate
April 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM
You have to have things that make the seasons distinct. The Michigan game was HUGE for the school. If they wanted it on there, then it should be on there.

patssle
April 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Even if I were to say the Michigan game is ok being on the ring...WTF is another school's STADIUM doing on YOUR ring?

Lionsrking
April 14th, 2008, 02:30 AM
My personal opinion is that it's tacky to include a non-conference opponent on a championship ring, especially when the outcome against that opponent had no bearing on playoff participation, but that's just me. I'm also of the opinion that it's App's ring and they can do with it what they wish. Most of us who have commented don't even have one, much less three, so WTF are we to criticize, huh????

Cleets
April 14th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Agree 100%

Who was it that said something like

??

Dude..!!!
They should get two rings for beating Michigan....xlolx
That makes my day (every day)

asu70
April 14th, 2008, 10:03 AM
My personal opinion is that it's tacky to include a non-conference opponent on a championship ring, especially when the outcome against that opponent had no bearing on playoff participation, but that's just me. I'm also of the opinion that it's App's ring and they can do with it what they wish. Most of us who have commented don't even have one, much less three, so WTF are we to criticize, huh????

Now, here's a man that has a clue! It's all about what the coaches and players wanted on THEIR RING!!!

SideLine Shooter
April 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM

you are 100% correct..xthumbsupx

1 question though. have you ever seen a championship ring that wasn't a little bit tacky?xcoolx

The Moody1
April 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Now, here's a man that has a clue! It's all about what the coaches and players wanted on THEIR RING!!!

Once again. This ring was created for fans not the players. It was designed to commemorate our three National Championships, Eight Southern Conference titles, and our win over Michigan.

Jerbearasu
April 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Once again. This ring was created for fans not the players. It was designed to commemorate our three National Championships, Eight Southern Conference titles, and our win over Michigan.

The sub-page doesn't demonstrate that the ring is for the fans it only allows the fans to purchase a ring themselves. I really don't like that the school did this either. A championship ring is supposed to be for the players and staff that helped the team win it all. To me, this kinda de-emphasizes the accomplishment because now anybody with $ can purchase one...

lillycafe
April 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM

But, this ring http://www.goasu.com/page/283/ was created for the PLAYERS. I have no problem with either ring. If the PLAYERS wanted the Michigan score, along with the BIG HOUSE on THEIR'S, that is fine by me.

andy7171
April 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Even if I were to say the Michigan game is ok being on the ring...WTF is another school's STADIUM doing on YOUR ring?

They beat Michigan there, it's THEIR stadium.

appfan2008
April 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I think the team can put whatever they want on there... it says national champs on top!
plus in 30 years when they whip that out for grandkids or something having the michigan game on there will sure be pretty special

whitey
April 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM
That ring is awesome.

I also disagree with everyone that doesn't think the Michigan win belongs on there. That win was undoubtedly a huge part of App's season. Sure it ranks behind the National Championship and the SoCon Championship, but it's not like those 2 events aren't featured on the ring either.

It's Michigan people. Not some FBS bottom feeder.

patssle
April 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM
They beat Michigan there, it's THEIR stadium.

Very true. THEIR stadium. On YOUR ring.

Appguy
April 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v191/121/97/77602227/n77602227_30622940_5213.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v198/56/100/29717746/n29717746_34141781_2946.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v191/121/97/77602227/n77602227_30622931_2358.jpg

The Moody1
April 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
But, this ring http://www.goasu.com/page/283/ was created for the PLAYERS. I have no problem with either ring. If the PLAYERS wanted the Michigan score, along with the BIG HOUSE on THEIR'S, that is fine by me.

I hadn't seen the other ring. I think they both look great.