Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M
No offense to Weber St. as I am sure it will be a fight, but I am sure glad to see the Bobcats off this list for the first time in the last month.

griz37
October 3rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
Montana @ Idaho St

This is a HUGE game for the Griz. We will find out if Cole Berguist has what it takes to lead the Griz to another Big Sky title. We also find out how the Griz play on the road in a somewhat hostile dome (lots of Griz fans will be in Pokey). Not a single BSC team has won on the road this year so reversing that trend would be huge for a team like the Griz who I think are still looking for an identity on offense.

WYOBISONMAN
October 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
I think idaho State is young and dangerous. the Griz need to bring thier "A" game to Pocatello.

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
NW St @ Sam Houston

This will be a huge game in the SLC. The Co-Champions from last year squaring off in the first conference game of the season. The Kats will be looking for some revenge seeing as how they got crushed by the Demons last season. With an actual named starting QB for the Kats to add some offensive stability and some key defensive players all healed up after two I-A games the Kats should be ready to go.

Hansel
October 3rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
No offense to Weber St. as I am sure it will be a fight, but I am sure glad to see the Bobcats off this list for the first time in the last month.
Thought about including that one, but Weber's only IAA win was against NAU- who is looking quite poor. I think the game in Ogden will be close.... BCat's by ~7

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Those are big in that it will take care of some of the pretenders.

NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Those are big in that it will take care of some of the pretenders.

NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

Winners or pretenders bolded?

TulsaBobcat
October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
I really don't see any way that the Griz beat ISU on the road. Maybe they will prove me wrong. I think MSU is also going to have trouble with Weber as long as the Bobcats continue to make stupid mistakes both in coaching and playing. :bang:

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
I'd say Texas St-San Marcos @ Southeastern Louisiana is a huge game.

The Bobcats have stunk it up on the road over the years and if they wanna win the SLC title, they're gonna have to win on the road. Southeastern is coming off a great performane against Tulane in Baton Rouge. A Southeastern win puts them as either a great spoiler or a potential contender in the SLC race, which is something many would say they weren't.

I think if the Bobcats lose here, the title hopes they have are one game away from being dashed...

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Winners or pretenders bolded?
Sorry, my predicted winners in bold. :D

Stang Fever
October 3rd, 2005, 02:16 PM
NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

I was going to write the same thing...

the Picks (didnt want to do this so early in the week but here goes):

NDSU @ Cal-Poly Game of the week IMHO: hard to go against the stangs in any game. NDSU runs first throws second. Last year when we stopped the run they through right into 4 picks. and 73 yards later touchdown. stangs win. However Poly hasnt stopped the run as well this year. i.e UNC 155 yards for Andre Wilson....I believe 10 points will separate the winner...a late field goal will do it. so I am going to go with the stangs...just because i have to.. (but I could easly pick NDSU) WOW cant believe i have such doubt.

Hofstra @ Delaware - After getting gashed 42-10 last week to JMU...look for Hofstra to bounce back. Sucks that they have to bounce back to Delaware who is coming off a lose of there own. I believe Hofstra passes first to run second and depending on how well they slow down that rush of Delaware they could win...Delaware is going to run first pass second...This game should be decided in the middle...I am going to pick Hofstra in this one.

App St @ Furman - Just to many good games so someone has to loose. Furman is ranked 5th (I believe have to double check). Usually a strong run team. App St. usually has a strong run game with a speddy receiver out there...I just believe with the lose of that speedy reciever (cant remember his name so i am sorry) that the edge will go to Furman. however I am going to go with App ST. in an A-10 upset

WCU @ Ga Southern - Ga Southern no matter how many looses they have in a season is a hard team to prepare for. Triple option when ran right can not be stopped. I believe Ga Southern has something to prove in this game. they can not afford another lose this early in the season, just win S-con play is heating up...Dont kow enough about WCU. So i am going to go with Ga southern

Montana @ Idaho St Montana is over-ratted simple as that...will go down to Idaho St. upset right only if you believe Montana should be ranked as high...there offense is terrible...which makes them prime to loose this week. However Montana knows that they have Eastern Washington right after this game...can not afford to loose this game...However Idaho St. loves the throw all over the field. look for Idaho St to pull this one off.

WKU @ Ill St Heavy run team in Ill. St. whoever can run the ball late in the season and control the clock always has a chance to win...dont know enough about WKU to make an honest opinion...need someone to fill in Sorry.

Maine @ JMU - maine has been a force as of lately so watch for Maine to try to upset JMU...with JMU coming off such an impressive victory over Hofstra look for the same this week.

NW St @ Sam Houston Im going to go with Sam Houston in this game....just am not sold on NW St. they have been overratted long enough for me...but I believe the SLC in competitive and anyone could win...this will be decided by the 3rd Q. NW St in a close one

UNH @ W&M I want to go with the highly ranked UNH team but I am going to go with W&M simply stated

DuckDuckGriz
October 3rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Montana @ Idaho State is the first marquee matchup for the Griz of the season.

The Griz will obviously need to keep up offensively with the Bengals which, by the looks of the offense so far this season, isn't a prospect I am looking forward to. Hopefully the Griz D will keep rolling and get some opportunities for the O.

Also this is the first game on hard turf this season for the Griz. Montana usually plays very well in domes, and this year's team is quite speedy. If they get a chance to showcase that speed, we could see a positive difference in UM's play.

ISU is a hostile place on the road also because it's so cramped. No doubt the maroon monsoon will be making noise though.

GO GRIZ!! One week at a time.

GSUhooligan
October 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM

NDSU @ Cal-Poly Game of the week IMHO: hard to go against the stangs in any game. NDSU runs first throws second. Last year when we stopped the run they through right into 4 picks. and 73 yards later touchdown. stangs win. However Poly hasnt stopped the run as well this year. i.e UNC 155 yards for Andre Wilson....I believe 10 points will separate the winner...a late field goal will do it. so I am going to go with the stangs...just because i have to.. (but I could easly pick NDSU) WOW cant believe i have such doubt.

Hofstra @ Delaware - After getting gashed 42-10 last week to JMU...look for Hofstra to bounce back. Sucks that they have to bounce back to Delaware who is coming off a lose of there own. I believe Hofstra passes first to run second and depending on how well they slow down that rush of Delaware they could win...Delaware is going to run first pass second...This game should be decided in the middle...I am going to pick Hofstra in this one.

App St @ Furman - Just to many good games so someone has to loose. Furman is ranked 5th (I believe have to double check). Usually a strong run team. App St. usually has a strong run game with a speddy receiver out there...I just believe with the lose of that speedy reciever (cant remember his name so i am sorry) that the edge will go to Furman. however I am going to go with App ST. in an A-10 upset

WCU @ Ga Southern - Ga Southern no matter how many looses they have in a season is a hard team to prepare for. Triple option when ran right can not be stopped. I believe Ga Southern has something to prove in this game. they can not afford another lose this early in the season, just win A-10 play is heating up...Dont kow enough about WCU. So i am going to go with Ga southern

Montana @ Idaho St Montana is over-ratted simple as that...will go down to Idaho St. upset right only if you believe Montana should be ranked as high...there offense is terrible...which makes them prime to loose this week. However Montana knows that they have Eastern Washington right after this game...can not afford to loose this game...However Idaho St. loves the throw all over the field. look for Idaho St to pull this one off.

WKU @ Ill St Heavy run team in Ill. St. whoever can run the ball late in the season and control the clock always has a chance to win...dont know enough about WKU to make an honest opinion...need someone to fill in Sorry.

Maine @ JMU - maine has been a force as of lately so watch for Maine to try to upset JMU...with JMU coming off such an impressive victory over Hofstra look for the same this week.

NW St @ Sam Houston Im going to go with Sam Houston in this game....just am not sold on NW St. they have been overratted long enough for me...but I believe the SLC in competitive and anyone could win...this will be decided by the 3rd Q. NW St in a close one

UNH @ W&M I want to go with the highly ranked UNH team but I am going to go with W&M simply stated

Don't know if I'm missing a joke, but all four of these guys play in the SoCon.

OL FU
October 3rd, 2005, 02:37 PM

West Coast (edit) I meant bias :D . :rolleyes:

Just kidding. :D

and yes I do know Cal Poly plays in the the Great Weak Football Conference.

just kidding again :D

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 02:47 PM
Give our friend from the Big Sky a break. ;)

CatFan22
October 3rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
If the Griz can slow down ISU's run game, they will win. ISU doesn't really have a whole lot beyond the run.

Stang Fever
October 3rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
sorry about that..i was typing pretty fast...didnt even catch that...

golionsgo
October 3rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
I'd say Texas St-San Marcos @ Southeastern Louisiana is a huge game.

The Bobcats have stunk it up on the road over the years and if they wanna win the SLC title, they're gonna have to win on the road. Southeastern is coming off a great performane against Tulane in Baton Rouge. A Southeastern win puts them as either a great spoiler or a potential contender in the SLC race, which is something many would say they weren't.

I think if the Bobcats lose here, the title hopes they have are one game away from being dashed...

It should be a fun game and will tell us where we stand in the conference right off the bat. We went to double OT with them last year in San Marcos but Nealey didn't play. We did face him the year before however. I know our players are looking forward to another shot. I'm sure we'll have a packed house and the joint will be a jumpin'!!!!

Cat79
October 3rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
TT,

We defeated McNeese on the road last year 54-27. Sam Houston should not talk about road games. When did you last defeat McNeese in Lake Charles?

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
TT,

We defeated McNeese on the road last year 54-27. Sam Houston should not talk about road games. When did you last defeat McNeese in Lake Charles?

GRIN, I sure hope you have a bigger feather than THAT to put in your hat. I watched SELU last weekend in Baton Rouge. If you don't bring it on Saturday, it will be a long bus ride back to San Marcos!! :D

Cat79
October 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
Don't worry we will bring it. :deadhorse

And besides has Sam Houston ever defeated McNeese in Lake Charles?????

Dallas Demon
October 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
This will be a huge game in the SLC. The Co-Champions from last year squaring off in the first conference game of the season. The Kats will be looking for some revenge seeing as how they got crushed by the Demons last season. With an actual named starting QB for the Kats to add some offensive stability and some key defensive players all healed up after two I-A games the Kats should be ready to go.

Looks like our starting RB (Shelton Sampson) and DT (Ed Queen) will both miss Saturday's game - ouch! The one good thing about the trip down is I know the Zion Church BBQ will be great (from what I hear)!

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Don't worry we will bring it. :deadhorse

And besides has Sam Houston ever defeated McNeese in Lake Charles?????

Last year along with 6 other teams

Cat79
October 3rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
They defeated McNeese in Huntsville last year. TT made his statement about us stinking it up on the road. If that is true then Sam Houston stinks to high heavens when they play in Lake Charles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Holy Cross @ Lehigh is the biggest PL game to this point. This game will set the tone for both teams the rest of the season.

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
I really don't see any way that the Griz beat ISU on the road. Maybe they will prove me wrong. I think MSU is also going to have trouble with Weber as long as the Bobcats continue to make stupid mistakes both in coaching and playing. :bang:

I agree :eek: ! I hate to say it, but I think BOTH Montana schools lose on the road this week...

OL FU
October 3rd, 2005, 03:56 PM
sorry about that..i was typing pretty fast...didnt even catch that...

No problem, it is just that the A-10 gets enough props from their participating poster majority. :)

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2005, 04:19 PM
They defeated McNeese in Huntsville last year. TT made his statement about us stinking it up on the road. If that is true then Sam Houston stinks to high heavens when they play in Lake Charles.

SHSU beat McNeese in Lake Charles in 1999, 20-3...

And Cat79, everyone beat McNeese last year. They weren't that good. You guys have had road woes and here's the facts to prove it.

2005 0-1
2004 1-5
2003 0-6
2002 0-4
2001 1-4

That's 3-20...

Cat79
October 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Let's see Sam Houston's SLC road record to compare.

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Let's see Sam Houston's SLC road record to compare.

Put that up in another post for you...well overall record...

UTCOWBOY71
October 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
The Cowboys and Texas Southern is the BIGGEST game this week....after having 3 home games cancelled, losing "the Hole" for the rest of the season, traveling to Hammond to practice, having a "home" game in Natchitoches, no telling where the rest of the "home games" will be......just to see if the Cowboys can pull it off....this will have profound effect on the SLC and the
I-AA playoffs!!

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
If McNeese wins by less than 20, I'll be concerned even with what they are facing...

It's a big game in Lake Charles, but not a big game anywhere else. McNeese 50-17 over Texas Southern is my prediction...

OL FU
October 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

Winners in bold.
Winners and pretenders in bold and italics, 89 this is for you :cool: :D

Truly one of the better weeks for determining where teams stand.

TulsaBobcat
October 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
I agree :eek: ! I hate to say it, but I think BOTH Montana schools lose on the road this week...

I'm not saying the Bobcats will lose, I am just saying the game will be a struggle if they can't clean up their play. I got "chewed out" on BobcatNation for saying that the Cats have not played a complete game to date.

X-Factor
October 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
NDSU @ Cal-Poly The Cal Poly D gave up plenty of rushing yards last week to UNC, and nothing is going to change this week except a balanced passing attack to go with it. The Cal Poly secondary will do a superb job limiting the passing game of Steve Walker, but will not benefit from 4 interceptions unlike last year. Can the Bison O-Line contain Gocong and Co? Will they punt to Shamen Washington? Can the Mustangs shut down the run? This should be a close, low scoring game.

Hofstra @ Delaware - Hofstra will bounce back this week. Should be an interesting game matching a passing team vs. run team

App St @ Furman No upset here folks, but to close for comfort in the eyes of Furman...

WCU @ Ga Southern - GSU finally gets things rolling in the 2nd half after a less than dissapointing start. This game is very important to GSU.

Montana @ Idaho St Overanked Montana finally faces a legitimate contender and falls victim. If this game was two weeks later I would pick the Griz, but their offense struggles in this road game.

WKU @ Ill St Comforatable W for WKU

Maine @ JMU I can see this one going either way. But JMU sticks with it and keeps Maine honest in this one.

NW St @ Sam Houston - Not really sure who to pick here. Neither have shown much promise in the last few weeks. But when I did the coin flip it landed tails, so NW St. They will finally find focus in a team that has been up and down all season.

UNH @ W&M UNH puts up just enough points to negate their lacking defense.

Bisonforlife
October 3rd, 2005, 09:43 PM

WCU @ Ga Southern - Ga Southern no matter how many looses they have in a season is a hard team to prepare for. Triple option when ran right can not be stopped. I believe Ga Southern has something to prove in this game. they can not afford another lose this early in the season, just win S-con play is heating up...Dont kow enough about WCU. So i am going to go with Ga southern

I agree this is a tough one to call.
On the Bison Mustang matchup I am certainly not confident about a Bison win especially since it is in San Louis Obispo but I am going to take NDSU by 4.

Kill'em
October 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
No problem, it is just that the A-10 gets enough props from their participating poster majority. :)
:asswhip: Take that and like it!

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2005, 10:36 PM

Kind of contradicted yourself there stang. Which is it?

HensRock
October 4th, 2005, 07:50 AM
NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

Winners in bold.

Truly one of the better weeks for determining where teams stand.

Hen fans here were among the first to call Delaware pretenders, and no way did they deserve #3 in our poll. (I had them ranked at #12 LAST week in my ballott and dropped them to like 15 this week). But I will say this: Delaware will be for real by the end of the season. I just hope we have a good enough record to get playoff consideration by that time.

My Picks:
NDSU @ Cal-Poly
Hofstra @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
WCU @ Ga Southern
Montana @ Idaho St
WKU @ Ill St
Maine @ JMU
NW St @ Sam Houston
UNH @ W&M

Not real sure about NDSU/CP. That's the game of the week as far as close matches go for me. App St./Furman will be another real good one.

Black and Gold Express
October 4th, 2005, 10:56 AM
App St @ Furman No upset here folks, but to close for comfort in the eyes of Furman...

According to most polls, including the GPI and Sagarin, that result would be an upset...

There's been a lot of back and forth on the UFFP about this. My personal feelings are that Furman has put big numbers up against inferior opposition, and more alarmingly has allowed all of these teams to score a lot against them. So far Furman has yet to show that National Title Contender look that so many (me included) thought they'd have.

ASU on the flip side has played better competition, and while they have their share of problems - most notably in the kicking game - so far look to be the better team. The biggest difference is the ASU defense is getting turnovers aplenty, and keeping I-AA opponents out of the endzone.

It won't be easy, but if both teams play like they have been playing, the ASU defense should be the difference maker. If Furman shows some drastic changes, especially on defense, well then that's a different matter altogether. But it's at that point where you have to stop wondering if things will turnaround for a unit, and begin to accept that is who they are. ASU had to do it last year with their defense.

OL FU
October 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM
According to most polls, including the GPI and Sagarin, that result would be an upset...

There's been a lot of back and forth on the UFFP about this. My personal feelings are that Furman has put big numbers up against inferior opposition, and more alarmingly has allowed all of these teams to score a lot against them. So far Furman has yet to show that National Title Contender look that so many (me included) thought they'd have.

ASU on the flip side has played better competition, and while they have their share of problems - most notably in the kicking game - so far look to be the better team. The biggest difference is the ASU defense is getting turnovers aplenty, and keeping I-AA opponents out of the endzone.

It won't be easy, but if both teams play like they have been playing, the ASU defense should be the difference maker. If Furman shows some drastic changes, especially on defense, well then that's a different matter altogether. But it's at that point where you have to stop wondering if things will turnaround for a unit, and begin to accept that is who they are. ASU had to do it last year with their defense.

I agree ASU has been playing better so from that standpoint I would agree that ASU is the favorite. I don't agree that the competition has been better. Take out Kansas and while the competition has been different, mainly passing teams versus running teams, there has not been a significant difference in level of competition. However, you then have to go back to the conclusion that ASU has been playing better. There is no doubt that our defense has been more than generous, but in my opinion the larger concern has been turnovers. WCU has a really good defense but 6 or 7 turnovers, some of which were handed to them, will stop any offense. Also, it is not difficult for the opponent to score points when you hand them the ball in the red-zone. You will score on Furman, but I think the difference is going to be in turnovers and that is the biggest turnaround Furman will have to make. If we have two or three turnovers which either stop us from scoring or put ASU in a position to score, then it is a relatively easy game for ASU to win.

kats89
October 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM

So who are your picking? You have picked both in this quote.

kats89
October 4th, 2005, 11:35 AM
TT,

79, Tx State gets a couple of road wins in the SLC this year and Nealy stays healthy, you can pretty much say that the Bobcats will have a hold of the SLC. Bobcats do that and I will give them the kudos they deserve. Until then, it is a 7 team race.

Stang Fever
October 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Kind of contradicted yourself there stang. Which is it?

I was typing to fast...so i will go fix it...thanks for spotting it

kats89
October 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Sam Houston has won in Lake Charles before. The problem is it is just too long ago that I don't remember exactly when. SHSU can stink it up on the road. However, same can be said about SWT/Tx State winning the conference. :eek:

Kill'em
October 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Furman/App St will be a good one. Too bad my Eagles are playing that day ;)

AppStateSVX
October 4th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I hope that ASU keeps playing as well as they are. So far this year, Richie Williams is playing amazing. It should be a really good game on saturday.

Black and Gold Express
October 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I agree ASU has been playing better so from that standpoint I would agree that ASU is the favorite. I don't agree that the competition has been better. Take out Kansas and while the competition has been different, mainly passing teams versus running teams, there has not been a significant difference in level of competition. However, you then have to go back to the conclusion that ASU has been playing better. There is no doubt that our defense has been more than generous, but in my opinion the larger concern has been turnovers. WCU has a really good defense but 6 or 7 turnovers, some of which were handed to them, will stop any offense. Also, it is not difficult for the opponent to score points when you hand them the ball in the red-zone. You will score on Furman, but I think the difference is going to be in turnovers and that is the biggest turnaround Furman will have to make. If we have two or three turnovers which either stop us from scoring or put ASU in a position to score, then it is a relatively easy game for ASU to win.

The only thing I will say to the competition point is Sagarin rates our schedule as tougher, even throwing out Kansas. In some cases by a large margin. We have what looks like the OVC champ (EKU) and the probable Big South champ (CCU), and a mid-pack SoCon team (for now) in Citadel. Furman has a Big South doormat, the probable runner-up of the Big South, and apparently an OVC disappointment so far in JSU, a lower-tier A-10 team as wins, and a mid-apck SoCon team as a loss.

It's not comparing gold to charcoal, but probably something like silver to bronze. Kansas and WCU are probaly the best teams each has faced, and we lost those games. What I did find interesting was Sagarin rates EKU much higher than Furman. I'm not sure I buy into that one though.

Getting to your other point, turnovers have been ASU's specialty. We have a +7 turnover margin this season, and three defensive touchdowns to go with that. If Furman does not get a handle on their turnover margin, that could be the one scenario where not only would I say ASU wins, but maybe in blowout fashion. As you said, nothing makes a game get out of hand faster than turnovers.

This is a speed v. power matchup for the most part. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

OL FU
October 4th, 2005, 03:09 PM
The only thing I will say to the competition point is Sagarin rates our schedule as tougher, even throwing out Kansas. In some cases by a large margin. We have what looks like the OVC champ (EKU) and the probable Big South champ (CCU), and a mid-pack SoCon team (for now) in Citadel. Furman has a Big South doormat, the probable runner-up of the Big South, and apparently an OVC disappointment so far in JSU, a lower-tier A-10 team as wins, and a mid-apck SoCon team as a loss.

It's not comparing gold to charcoal, but probably something like silver to bronze. Kansas and WCU are probaly the best teams each has faced, and we lost those games. What I did find interesting was Sagarin rates EKU much higher than Furman. I'm not sure I buy into that one though.

Getting to your other point, turnovers have been ASU's specialty. We have a +7 turnover margin this season, and three defensive touchdowns to go with that. If Furman does not get a handle on their turnover margin, that could be the one scenario where not only would I say ASU wins, but maybe in blowout fashion. As you said, nothing makes a game get out of hand faster than turnovers.

This is a speed v. power matchup for the most part. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Sagarin Shmagarin :D I have five year old moments. Competition is close, but really who cares. You guys are playing better.

Yep, turnovers are key. If we keep having them we lose bad. Otherwise should be a heck of a game.

twentythreeOh4
October 4th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Give our friend from the Big Sky a break. ;)

Since when did Cal-Poly become a Big Sky team?

I guess we need to give you a break too. ;)

slostang
October 5th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Cal Poly plays five games against Great West teams and five games against Big Sky teams so it is easy to see where he might of got confused.

Go Mustangs!!!

golionsgo
October 5th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Cal Poly plays five games against Great West teams and five games against Big Sky teams so it is easy to see where he might of got confused.

Go Mustangs!!!

Why don't you guys join forces and call it the THE GREAT BIG SKY IN THE WEST!!! :)

89Hen
October 5th, 2005, 08:29 AM
After I picked FU over Hofstra? Man, that's harsh. :p

AmsterBison
October 5th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Why don't you guys join forces and call it the THE GREAT BIG SKY IN THE WEST!!! :)

The Big Greatwestski. The Dude has spoken, man.

OL FU
October 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
After I picked FU over Hofstra? Man, that's harsh. :p

But in this thread you called us a pretender :rolleyes:

I hope you are wrong :confused: :o

89Hen
October 5th, 2005, 10:33 AM
But in this thread you called us a pretender :rolleyes:

I hope you are wrong :confused: :o
No, you inferred that. I did pick ASU to win, but not all the losers from this week are necessarily pretenders.

mlbowl
October 5th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I'm glad most everyone have written the Griz off.....every year it's the same thing......the Griz are soooooooo overrated :rolleyes: but somehow our overrated team finds a way to win :nod:

It does not bother me if the final score is 7-0, 3-0, 2-0 etc........just win baby!

ChickenMan
October 5th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I'm glad most everyone have written the Griz off.....every year it's the same thing......the Griz are soooooooo overrated :rolleyes: but somehow our overrated team finds a way to win

Combine the Griz 'D' with UD 's 'O' and maybe you'd have a top contender... but based on what I've seen so far... both teams seem to have issues... on opposite sides of the ball.

mlbowl
October 5th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Combine the Griz 'D' with UD 's 'O' and maybe you'd have a top contender... but based on what I've seen so far... both teams seem to have issues... on opposite sides of the ball.

I hear ya CM.....my point isn't that we don't have problems.... cuz we do.....but I'm content as a fan because the Griz seem to find ways to win :nod:

OL FU
October 5th, 2005, 12:34 PM
No, you inferred that. I did pick ASU to win, but not all the losers from this week are necessarily pretenders.

Yes you did say "some of the pretenders" My inference was stronger than your implication. My most humble apologies.

89Hen
October 5th, 2005, 12:44 PM
My inference was stronger than your implication. My most humble apologies.
Your cordiality is exceeded only by your gentlmanly behavior. Your transgressions are forgiven my good man. May the sun shine upon your back.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2005, 02:11 PM
:eek:
Your cordiality is exceeded only by your gentlmanly behavior. Your transgressions are forgiven my good man. May the sun shine upon your back.

It's the ANTI-SMACK Board!!! Run for your lives!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OL FU
October 5th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Great, then quit being a hard azz and hit that reputation button in the right hand corner :D