PDA

View Full Version : Big game in the A10

ChickenMan
October 3rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
this Saturday... UNH @ W&M

should be a good one... W&M is tough at home... but UNH's offense is really cooking right now. I saw W&M vs URI and UNH vs Villanova and neither's defense was very impressive... so offense should rule the day. This looks like it should be high scoring affair... with UNH winning a close one.

CollegeObserver
October 3rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
I wonder if the W&M students will hang around for their fall break, or whatever they call it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
I wonder if the W&M students will hang around for their fall break, or whatever they call it.

"INDIAN SUMMER"???????.....xlolx.....BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
this Saturday... UNH @ W&M should be a good one... with UNH winning a close one.
I don't think it's close. UNH in a rout.

Tubby Raymond
October 3rd, 2005, 01:34 PM

Ditto

Hansel
October 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
agreed W&M hasn't shown much, while UNH has been impressive

colgate13
October 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
If so, that could knock out an A-10 team that's been hanging around in the top 25 and I don't see one to replace it right away, so 5 top 25 teams could drop to 4.

Hansel
October 3rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
If so, that could knock out an A-10 team that's been hanging around in the top 25 and I don't see one to replace it right away, so 5 top 25 teams could drop to 4.
If Maine or Hofstra win they will probably receive strong poll consideration

WYOBISONMAN
October 3rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
As the season progresses I would not be surprised if UNH proves unstoppable.

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
I don't know about that, I just like their chances against W&M after seeing what URI did to them.

Stang Fever
October 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Dont be surprised of W&M knocks off New Hampshire...I think this is going to be one heck of a game...cause i actually picked W&M to win the A-10 or finish number 2...

I am going to go with W&M with this one

JMUfan2008
October 3rd, 2005, 02:08 PM
but Maine isn't going to win, they're playing at JMU on Parent's Weekend...it's gonna be PACKED

Umass74
October 3rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
UNH really has it going on offense.

William & Mary looked slow and confused against Rhody's option.

I think UNH will just throw it down the field and over the Tribe's defense.

UNH by three TD's...

rcny46
October 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM

The UNH defense gave up 497yds. against Villanova,and that's terrible.I still think a tough defensive team with a competent offense will give them a lot of trouble.Hope I'm wrong.

charliej
October 3rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
I know UNH is heavily favored but I think the game will be closer than expected. Nova played perhaps the ugliest game I've ever seen them play defensively.They have some question marks, but they are better than they showed last Sat.

Jankowski played with a separated shoulder suffered in the Penn game.You could tell the passes were off all day.I can't believe we didn't try to run the ball more.It was so bad, Nova had to burn a redshirt to bring in a frosh QB to finish the game after it was decided.

UNH will likely lose a game in the A10. Coming off a big win in what they expected to be a tough game,this week could be the week.

dwtime
October 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
The UNH defense gave up 497yds. against Villanova,and that's terrible.I still think a tough defensive team with a competent offense will give them a lot of trouble.Hope I'm wrong.

Oh my god our defense almost made me want to throw up! I mean really giving up 17 points in 4 quarters of play is totally unaccpetable.

Yeah UNH is ranked 82nd in 1-AA in yards given up but we are ranked 24th in points allowed. Can't win without scoring and Villanova only scored 17 and no points in the 2nd half.

If UNH is going anywhere this year they have to basically outscore their opponent and have the defense make the key stops when they are needed.

W&M should be a very tough game, its a toss up imo.

Go UNH!

JMU Duke Dog
October 3rd, 2005, 04:48 PM
but Maine isn't going to win, they're playing at JMU on Parent's Weekend...it's gonna be PACKED

WHOA! If JMU comes out flat again like what happened at CCU, then JMU will lose that game. This goes for the remainder of the season for all opponents.

WMTribe90
October 3rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
UNH really has it going on offense.

William & Mary looked slow and confused against Rhody's option.

I think UNH will just throw it down the field and over the Tribe's defense.

UNH by three TD's...

I think any objective observer would have UNH favored in this matchup, but I think it will be a close game and one where the Tribe will have a chance.

Here's why:

1) UNH doesn't run the triple option like URI and the option attack has given us fits every since we beat GSU in Statesboro in 97. While the URI performance was discouraging, it may have been an annomally (sp).
2) The game is in Williamsburg. The game will not likely be a sellout due to student break, but I expect a good crowd. Tribe plays well at home.
3) The weather could be a factor. Williamsburg is known for unseasonably hot/humid days in the early fall. Wouldn't be the first time a team from NE was affected by a hot October day in Williamsburg.
4) We have depth, experience and talent in our secondary. We have given up big plays due to blown coverages and misreading playaction. Two mistakes that have hopefully been corrected in the bye week.
5) Speaking of the bye week, Laycock is something like 15-3 coming off the bye week in the last 18 or so years.
6) WM has a solid running game. We should be able to move the ball on the ground, chew up some clock and limit UNH's offensive touches.
7) We have the best kicker in the league if the game is close at the end.
8) Perhaps most importantly...our backs are pretty much to the wall. Really can't afford a third loss this early in the season.

To be fair, we are thin at LB and OL due to injuries and UNH appears to be hot right now. WM will need to play at a higher level than we've seen so far this year, but I believe the pieces are still there. If I was hnadicapping it, I'd say UNH by 12. My homer pick.

WM 34
UNH 31

mainejeff
October 3rd, 2005, 11:54 PM
UNH by about 10 points.

blur2005
October 4th, 2005, 12:04 AM
UNH 38, W&M 24

Spider
October 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Ditto.....