PDA

View Full Version : JMU's 1st Scrimmage

BDKJMU
April 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=16052&CHID=3&sub=

BDKJMU
April 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
From the article it looks like the tailback depth chart is shaping up something like this:
1. Eugene Holloman (rising 5th yr senior
2. Griff Yancey (rising 3rd yr soph)
3. Corwin Acker (fr transfer from Temple-maybe he will beat out Yancey for #2?)
4. Jonathon Rose (rising 2nd yr freshman)
5. Sullivan (rising 3rd year soph. And and the end of last season Sullivan was #2)
6. Brandon Noble- ((rising 2nd yr soph) Obviously should redshirt since they basically wasted his redshirt last year with only 24 carries).
7. Reggie Hicks ((rising 4th yr junior)- he got some carries last season).

Plus there's the Lasalle transfer who this spring has been playing at tailback, signee Lee Reynolds, plus I'm sure there will be a walkon at tailback. Regardless, this fall there will be 8-10 tailbacks in JMU's very crowded backfield.

paward
April 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM
What is the latest word on getting Fitzpatrick from VA?

BDKJMU
April 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Nothing lately I've heard or read over on the CAA Zone.

paward
April 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Sure did want to see him be a Spider, but from what I hear no chances of that. On the flip side would hate have to line up against him. The last thing we want to see from you all is another hard hitter.

DTSpider
April 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I'd imagine Fitzgerald would go to K-State. Since he has to sit out next year, I'd imagine he'd rather play his one last season at K-State than JMU in terms of pro exposure.

paward
April 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'd imagine Fitzgerald would go to K-State. Since he has to sit out next year, I'd imagine he'd rather play his one last season at K-State than JMU in terms of pro exposure.

Would he have to sit out even if he goes 1AA?

BDKJMU
April 9th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Would he have to sit out even if he goes 1AA?

No.

blur2005
April 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
That's a hell of a lot of running backs. Good to see Holloman is playing well after his injury that cost him last season.

DTSpider
April 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
No.

I've heard that the answer is yes since he won't be NCAA eligible next fall. That could be wrong, but I'd be very surprised to see him playing next fall.

Tribe4SF
April 10th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Fitzgerald's situation is complex, and probably hinges on the need to be "in good standing" at the previous institution. I certainly don't know the specifics, nor the NCAA's position on them, and I doubt anyone on the messageboards does either.

BDKJMU
April 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
From the article it looks like the tailback depth chart is shaping up something like this:
1. Eugene Holloman (rising 5th yr senior
2. Griff Yancey (rising 3rd yr soph)
3. Corwin Acker (fr transfer from Temple-maybe he will beat out Yancey for #2?)
4. Jonathon Rose (rising 2nd yr freshman)
5. Sullivan (rising 3rd year soph. And and the end of last season Sullivan was #2)
6. Brandon Noble- ((rising 2nd yr soph) Obviously should redshirt since they basically wasted his redshirt last year with only 24 carries).
7. Reggie Hicks ((rising 4th yr junior)- he got some carries last season).

Plus there's the Lasalle transfer who this spring has been playing at tailback, signee Lee Reynolds, plus I'm sure there will be a walkon at tailback. Regardless, this fall there will be 8-10 tailbacks in JMU's very crowded backfield.

Actually, Sullivan is a rising 4th yr junior.