PDA

View Full Version : Hey Liberty--Aware of the Change?

ngineer
October 2nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
To any Liberty Flames out there: I've noticed on some future schedules that Liberty is now not scheduled to come to Goodman next year, which I thought they were going to be our home opener? Have you heard anything about this?

Coastal89
October 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
They're talking about it on their site.

http://libertysports.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=Football&action=display&thread=1128264654

ngineer
October 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks, seems like they want more 'local' flavor on their schedule. However, I always thought making some out of regional trips helps with recruiting. Liberty has a freshman on their team from the Lehigh Valley this year.

Coastal89
October 2nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
It looks like they need a new recruiting coordinator. They said that 8 Div. I players graduated from Lynchburg schools last year and Liberty didn't talk with any of them.

Plus they've stuck with this HC too long. The next guy is really going to have his work cut out for him. That is if they make a change.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks, seems like they want more 'local' flavor on their schedule. However, I always thought making some out of regional trips helps with recruiting. Liberty has a freshman on their team from the Lehigh Valley this year.

What is with teams backing out to home and homes with Lehigh? Not that i'm gonna lose any sleep over not Lehigh not playing Liberty at home next year but this seems to happen a lot. I just hope they don't fill the spot with another NEC team. It would be nice to get a mid to lower level A-10, SoCon, or Gateway team to break in a new QB next year.

Coastal89
October 2nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
What is with teams backing out to home and homes with Lehigh? Not that i'm gonna lose any sleep over not Lehigh not playing Liberty at home next year but this seems to happen a lot. I just hope they don't fill the spot with another NEC team. It would be nice to get a mid to lower level A-10, SoCon, or Gateway team to break in a new QB next year.
Coastal has 2 open dates next year. Give them a call.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
According to what I see, the spot has been filled with Albany. Albany typically likes to schedule A-10 and Patriot schools in their OOC package, and Lembo has a past coaching relationship with the Great Dane's longtime coach Bob Ford (who should win his 200th game soon).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
According to what I see, the spot has been filled with Albany. Albany typically likes to schedule A-10 and Patriot schools in their OOC package, and Lembo has a past coaching relationship with the Great Dane's longtime coach Bob Ford (who should win his 200th game soon).

Can you post the 2006 schedule ngineer?

ngineer
October 2nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Can you post the 2006 schedule ngineer?

9/2 Albany
9/9 @Villanova
9/16 Princeton
9/23 Open
9/30 Harvard
10/7 @Georgetown
10/14 @Yale
10/21 Bucknell
10/28 @Holy Cross
11/4 Colgate
11/11 Fordham
11/18 @Lafayette

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2005, 11:16 PM
9/2 Albany
9/9 @Villanova
9/16 Princeton
9/23 Open
9/30 Harvard
10/7 @Georgetown
10/14 @Yale
10/21 Bucknell
10/28 @Holy Cross
11/4 Colgate
11/11 Fordham
11/18 @Lafayette

Not a bad schedule. Glad to see 6 home games after only 5 this year and there's not a 5 week stretch without a home game :bang: . Sedale Threatt hopefully will be able to do what Borda couldn't in his second start, beat 'Nova. Next year will be very interesting.

Sly Fox
October 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
For the record, I was surprised as you were with our recent schedule change. But I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm not pleased with the swap. We are doing our best to build relationships with the other I-AAs in the Commonwealth.

I was under the impression W&M had their non-cnference slate full for years ahead. So perhaps they had some dates appear and there was a domino effect.

AS for the 8 DI players, it gets worse than you think. There is a private high school associated with the university and it has been stacked with talent in recent years. The school plays its home games at Liberty's stadium and is moving its campus next door to ours. And yet we still let a slew of the top players go elsewhere. Its part of why we are so frustrated with our current staff.

The freshman you are talking about was the Philly Inquirer's HS player of the year last season. He's been injured and received his first carries Saturday.

Right now our football program is in disarray. We're battered & beaten. Just check out some of the other threads on our site for more details.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Liberty is pushing this game out to 2008, to allow the Flames to schedule Wake Forest on that date in 2006.

http://wakeforestsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062504aaa.html

Wake Forest Football Future Opponents (as of July 13, 2005)

* Wake Forest's *tentative* future non-conference schedule
* Opponents and years are subject to change
* Exact game dates are announced in January of the calendar year of that particular season

By Year:
2005: East Carolina, at Nebraska, Vanderbilt
2006: at Connecticut, East Carolina, Liberty, at Ole Miss

Sly Fox
October 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
We've known about the Wake date for quite some time. I just didn't realize it was pushing the Lehigh matchup to 2008. I knew your school wouldn't let us walk without making the return trip.

ngineer
October 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Sounds right, because VMI is scheduled to visit Goodman in '07..