PDA

View Full Version : What Team???

Big Dawg
April 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I don't know if this topic has been done before.

What FCS team that you don't normally play, would you like to see on your schedule?

DFW HOYA
April 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
What FCS team that you don't normally play, would you like to see on your schedule?

Villanova... but Andy Talley isn't interested in a series.

bandl
April 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I don't know if this topic has been done before.

This has definitely been discussed before, but it's a fun topic! xnodx

My list:

Montana (so I can visit! xthumbsupx)
Furman
Southern Illinois
Towson (they are in our league, but they never show up xreadx )
McNeese State (to tailgate! xbowx )

Touchdown Yosef
April 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Montanna

NDSU

UNI

citdog
April 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
any of the "pretenders" drakey, san diego comm college, drayton flyers etc etc

bandl
April 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Trying to break the .500 mark? xreadx

citdog
April 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Trying to break the .500 mark? xreadx

7-4, 4-3 IN 2007!

bandl
April 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM
7-4, 4-3 IN 2007!

Trying to break .500 two years in a row??? xeekx

citdog
April 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Trying to break .500 two years in a row??? xeekx

IT WOULD BE NICE.xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
April 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I would like to see Lafayette play Furman or Wofford as we are similar in size and admission standards. We dont go South very often and I think these would be exciting games.

uofmman1122
April 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Any team from the SoCon or Gateway, and I'd like a rematch with UMASS.

But especially App. State. It's time for the recent, luck-sticken, 3-time champion, pseudo king to play the real King of FCS. xlolx xthumbsupx

OL FU
April 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I would like to see SC State back on the Furman Schedule. xnodx

I like that we are scheduling CAA teams regularly ( although we do have our problems with them)

Colgate this year is a good thing and would like to see some more Patriot League teams.

CSUBUCDAD
April 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM
It would be nice to loose the NAIA and Div II opponents and matchup with Georgia Southern, Appy, Furman or any other stiff competition in the southeast.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Montana
Richmond (I don't believe we've ever played them)
Northern Iowa (haven't played them since '85)
Southern Illinois (don't think we have ever played 'em)
James Madison (don't think we have ever played them)

AshevilleApp2
April 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Montana
New Hampshire
NC A&T

Touchdown Yosef
April 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM

I'd like to see us play Dayton as well.

pete4256
April 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Montana
Richmond (I don't believe we've ever played them)
Northern Iowa (haven't played them since '85)
Southern Illinois (don't think we have ever played 'em)
James Madison (don't think we have ever played them)

We played JMU several times when we were both independents.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see FAMU or SCSt back on the schedule.

Maybe Grambling, to settle the "real GSU" controversy.

phoenix3
April 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Elon Phoenix vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks

phoenix3
April 4th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Montana
New Hampshire
NC A&T

Best band in the country.

DetroitFlyer
April 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM
For Dayton, I would like to see a home and home with Youngstown State. It could be the FCS Championship of Ohio each season. ( All time, YSU has never beaten Dayton by the way, it is something like 9-0 in Dayton's favor ).

terrierbob
April 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
U MASS Like the area
Lehigh Tavani, and I like the posters here.
Any Ivy- for fun
NDSU- curiosity

Maroon&White
April 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Harvard
Yale
Maybe Lafayette or Lehigh, but mostly the first two.

LeopardFan04
April 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Wofford--Tavani family battle would be interesting...
William and Mary
Furman
Other CAA teams

Hoyadestroya85
April 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Georgetown
SIU

bostonspider
April 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Hampton

citdog
April 4th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Hampton

i'd like to return to whipping Confederate Capitol U like in the days of the Socon!

ngineer
April 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I would like to see Lafayette play Furman or Wofford as we are similar in size and admission standards. We dont go South very often and I think these would be exciting games.

Same here. We had a "home and home" with Wofford back around 1999-2000, and played Furman in the Quarterfinal playoffs a year or two later. It would be nice to have a more frequent, even if intermittant, series.

Of course, 'we' would like to play Delaware more frequently than we do, but that was a long thread some time ago that I won't resurrect here, but it is a series that a lot of people would like to see renewed more often.

ngineer
April 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Elon Phoenix vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks

That's a game that would certainly stir up interest in Bethlehem..but it would have to be set soon, because I doubt Lembo remains long at Elon. A couple more successful seasons and he'll be on to the next rung.

Franks Tanks
April 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Same here. We had a "home and home" with Wofford back around 1999-2000, and played Furman in the Quarterfinal playoffs a year or two later. It would be nice to have a more frequent, even if intermittant, series.

Of course, 'we' would like to play Delaware more frequently than we do, but that was a long thread some time ago that I won't resurrect here, but it is a series that a lot of people would like to see renewed more often.

I would like to see you play Delaware more often as well, we dont have the history with them as you do but it a great game that I enjoy watching. I would also add William & Mary to the list.

otto4pres
April 4th, 2008, 05:01 PM
another NY team like Wagner or Fordham (playing them in 2009 for the first time in a while)

catbob
April 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I've always wanted to play YSU for some reason.

ngineer
April 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I would like to see you play Delaware more often as well, we dont have the history with them as you do but it a great game that I enjoy watching. I would also add William & Mary to the list.

Another good one. Our last game with the Tribe was 1992 in a series that started in 1984. Wild games that most were decided by a few points, and usually high scoring. If the PL ever went to scholarships, I would think they would be at the top of the list as a newbie.

McNeese75
April 4th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Never played

NDSU
ASU

Rematches

Umass
Maine
NAU
Eastern Washington

MaximumBobcat
April 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'd like to see the Southland schools start playing the Socon Schools more.

I'd like TxSt to play Wofford.

Tod
April 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Harvard
Yale
Grambling
Southern
The Citadel
Delaware
NDSU
Hampton
SCSU
CCU
EKU

...others...

:)

T-Dog
April 4th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Never played
NDSU
ASU

We would have if y'all would have not laid an egg against EWU. xnodx

I'd like to play some SLC teams as historically, we have good records against every FCS conference except for them. I believe we're 1-5 against that conference with a few playoff losses in there. Time to get some of those wins back.

I would love to play any of the well-known HBCU's. I'm a fan of marching bands and the tailgating would be fun (home or away, both teams' bands should be there)

Going up north and playing any of the Ivies would be a great experience.

And or course, the dream matchups including App/Montana (we're going to avenge 2001 eventually), App/NDSU for the first time ever and UNC-Charlotte when their program starts up to deflate their high hopes. :D

Not to mention I wouldn't mind whipping-up on some more CAA teams (especially Maine to avenge 2002). xthumbsupx

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 5th, 2008, 02:14 AM
LA Tech....

Hey....we gotta beat them someday.....

RadMann
April 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM

Lafayette and Delaware have played 25 times, although not regularly since 35+ years ago. The Leopards were the first team to play in Delaware Stadium when the facility opened by the way.

semobison
April 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Montana(in Fargo)
App
Grambling
UMass

furman94
April 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
JMU
W&M
YSU Guins

Thundar
April 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
App.
Umass
Nebraskaxsmiley_wix

JohnStOnge
April 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
We would have if y'all would have not laid an egg against EWU. xnodx

Yes, I know. That was one of the most disappointing things about it.

spelunker64
April 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Apalatchain Community College, or whatever it's called

Seawolf97
April 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
another NY team like Wagner or Fordham (playing them in 2009 for the first time in a while)

Like to see a home and away series with Big Red also. Add Villanova and William and Mary to that wish list!

BearsCountry
April 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Texas State

Battle of the Name Change Schools

mvemjsunpx
April 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Desired Griz opponents (not all of these are FCS):

Harvard
Stanford
Dartmouth
North Texas
Cornell

Why? I want to see us play a team with a color for a mascot.

bonarae
April 6th, 2008, 03:16 AM
To feature the "best of the best" in Division I football (to see which FCS teams are better in all time by facing each other):

Harvard vs...
Georgia Southern
Montana
Appalachian State
Grambling
Southern
Northern Iowa
North Dakota State
William and Mary (battle of the 2 oldest US colleges in football, this will be one for the books :D )
Wofford (hmmm... I can't think of a reason why)
Furman (ditto Wofford)
Youngstown State
Southern Illinois
The Citadel
Richmond (I'd agree with you, Richmond fans)
Jacksonville State

How about a Ivy-SWAC championship game for the matter sometime in December? Not only do we get the long-wanted 11th game, it will get some more postseason exposure for our NFL prospects.

FBS (if the presidents will allow our schools to schedule an FBS team as the latter's scheduling requirement):
Stanford
Northwestern
Duke (well, who will win this game if they schedule ANY Ivy?)
Vanderbilt
Virginia
North Carolina
CalBerkeley (my nickname for California)
UCLA
Notre Dame (this will be a classic :D as I think they haven't played each other in a REALLY long time)
Illinois
USC (ahem...)
Arizona
Washington
Nebraska
Penn State
Ohio State
Georgia Tech

and the list goes on and on...

but...

Basically,

ANY team besides the ones in the Patriot League or CAA (I'm discussing the Ivies).

To strengthen up the schools' fan base outside of the Northeast, the Ivies need to go West and South and schedule a series against any FCS team there.

I tried simulating these teams in Madden (using my created rosters), but I haven't done this in a long time (about 3 years).

mrklean
April 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Delaware
Southern University
JMU
Youngstown State
Jacksonville State

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Best band in the country.

Helllllllll NO. xlolx xlolx Not even close.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 6th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Montana
Georgia Southern
Deleware
Youngstown St.
App. State
Northwestern St(Loved the rivalry with you guys. Real classey fans, unlike that other school xlolx )

mrklean
April 6th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Montana
Georgia Southern
Deleware
Youngstown St.
App. State
Northwestern St(Loved the rivalry with you guys. Real classey fans, unlike that other school xlolx )

I would love to play Southern U. We will show you who is the real Southern..........lolxsmiley_wix

Uncle Buck
April 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
YSU games were good, Big Sky teams, and for local flavor, Fordham back on the schedule.

813Jag
April 6th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I would love to play Southern U. We will show you who is the real Southern..........lolxsmiley_wix
Regardless we'll always be the real Southern. xlolx

I want to play anybody that tailgates good, because that's half the fun. No pregame atmosphere, no 813jag. xnonox

EIUsuperfan
April 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Western Illinois!

Eyes of Old Main
April 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Wofford (hmmm... I can't think of a reason why)

Because the "Wofford of the North" wants to square off against the real thing! xsmiley_wix

Eyes of Old Main
April 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
For Wofford, I'd say (No particular order): SC State, NC A&T, James Madison, Delaware, McNeese State, Jacksonville State, UMass, Richmond, Southern Illinois, ND State, and Northern Iowa.

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Any of the So-Con teams, Costal Carolina and Cal Poly

'neers79
April 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
MONTANA, MONTANA, MONTANA

pbr1893
April 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
My choices: Montana-A home and home... both preferably played in the snow!
YSU-At YSU in the snow! We already played them in the cold at KBS...they brought some great fans!xbowx
North Dakota-I'd like to bring some of my special strawberry flavored moonshine up to the frozen tundra.
UNI-See above comment...maybe we could line up a two away package in consecutive weekends ND then UNI...however, I don't think my liver could survive!
Coastal Carolina at their house...nice vacation, a little golf and then an App victory...Cocky? Maybe. But a wise person once said..."To be the man...you gotta beat the man!"xazzx

P.S. Didn't notice APP on many to play lists. xwhistlex

Rob Iola
April 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Delaware State

YaleFootballFan
April 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Any CAA team, especially William & Mary, URI and Northeastern.

uofmman1122
April 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'd also like to see us start playing Idaho again.

They may be a terrible FBS team, but we had a decent rivalry going for a while, even after they moved up.

But I still stick with App. State as the main one.

Two years, and Armanti has yet to see a real defense. xlolx :p xnodx

paward
April 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I am a youngest, only 65 what years did Yale win national championship? I know they have won but do not know the years.

stevdock
April 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Two years, and Armanti has yet to see a real defense. xlolx :p xnodx

That's cause they chickened out of playing a home and home with us and decided to play some University of Michigan team.

YaleFootballFan
April 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I am a youngest, only 65 what years did Yale win national championship? I know they have won but do not know the years.

The years are listed on Yale's website...

Yale Football Championships (http://yalebulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/championships.html)

Jerbearasu
April 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
My choices: Montana-A home and home... both preferably played in the snow!
YSU-At YSU in the snow! We already played them in the cold at KBS...they brought some great fans!xbowx
North Dakota-I'd like to bring some of my special strawberry flavored moonshine up to the frozen tundra.
UNI-See above comment...maybe we could line up a two away package in consecutive weekends ND then UNI...however, I don't think my liver could survive!
Coastal Carolina at their house...nice vacation, a little golf and then an App victory...Cocky? Maybe. But a wise person once said..."To be the man...you gotta beat the man!"xazzx

P.S. Didn't notice APP on many to play lists. xwhistlex

Not sure if you meant North Dakota State or just North Dakota but both NDSU and UNI play their games in domes. I would love to play a series with Montana but I like games that are easier to get to a little bit more so my first vote would have to be for YSU.

zilla
April 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'd like to see Coastal play The Citadel.

We've only played football for five seasons. In that short time, we've played every FCS team from the Palmetto State except the Bulldogs (Furman, Wofford, SC State, Charleston Southern, and Presbyterian).

ursus arctos horribilis
April 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Desired Griz opponents (not all of these are FCS):

Harvard
Stanford
Dartmouth
North Texas
Cornell

Why? I want to see us play a team with a color for a mascot.

We did go to Denton and play N. Texas in 1994 and came out with a win there. 21-17

ngineer
April 6th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Never 'won' a national championship. Were 'named' best team in the country a good number of times decades ago, just like all the other teams before playoffs began...;)

McNeese75
April 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Montana
Georgia Southern
Deleware
Youngstown St.
App. State

That's because NW State lets you win occasionly xlolx

poly51
April 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
New Hampshire
UMass
App State
Any Ivy League

Fresno State

ChickenMan
April 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Harvard

89Hen
April 7th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Top three would probably be:

Princeton - so I can see their stadium and battle the original winged helmets
Penn - love games at Franklin Field
Georgetown - my closest I-AA, but I would NOT want to see the game in DC until they finish that darned stadium

I'd say bigger names like GSU, YSU, Montana, App... but we've already done some of them and I doubt I'd make the trip.

TheBisonator
April 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Montana
Eastern Illinois
Tennessee Tech
Appalachian State
Western Carolina
James Madison
Central Arkansas
Delaware

I'd gladly accept a home-home with any of these schools.

Pauly LB
April 7th, 2008, 11:22 AM
For Cal Poly: New Hampshire, UMass, and Sacramento State. The Sacramento State situation is that for many years Cal Poly did play Sac State but Sac State opted out last year so that they could schedule San Jose State. I guess that they figured that if they were going to get beaten anyway, why not get a payday. This year again they are not interested even though it is in close proximity and always has been somewhat of a rivalry.

For Cal Poly this year's schedule will represent huge challenges including opening against San Diego State and closing against Wisconsin.

andy7171
April 7th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I'd like to see my Tigers renew the Youngstown State series. We played them tough my freshman year, the year they won the NC.

Other than that, I'd like to see them play UNI so I can road trip out and meet all the AGS UNI-boys. Or maybe a BSC team. Somewhere other than the usual NEC-PL-MEAC games.

Go...gate
April 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
The Citadel
Bill & Mary
VMI
Hofstra
Wofford
Davidson
Drake
San Diego