PDA

View Full Version : I got my new Plates

GrizFanStuckInUtah
April 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I can't believe this combo was still available, there is a hockey team here in Utah that are the Grizzlies. So if you see these plates, it's me :)

uofmman1122
April 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Nice.

My dad renewed mine this January without telling me, since I didn't have my Jeep, and I was gonna get some Griz plates. Oh well....

Sweet plates, though. I imagine the guy who's got those here in Montana would make a fortune off of them, if he ever wanted to let someone else have them.

AZGrizFan
April 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
I can't believe this combo was still available, there is a hockey team here in Utah that are the Grizzlies. So if you see these plates, it's me :)

AWESOME! xnodx xnodx xnodx But I'd have never guessed they were yours.

I'd have thought they were the plates of a Griz fan stuck in Utah.

Mountain Panther
April 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Unavailable plates in the state of Montana:

Griz
Go Griz
Grizfan
Go UM
UMGriz

And many more.

AZGrizFan
April 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Unavailable plates in the state of Montana:

Griz
Go Griz
Grizfan
Go UM
UMGriz

And many more.

Unavailable plates in Arizona:

TTFKN xcoolx xeyebrowx

Grizzaholic
April 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Unavailable plates in Arizona:

TTFKN xcoolx xeyebrowx

And when you went to the DMV to request personalized plates what did you write down as to what your plates said?

Tod
April 4th, 2008, 04:14 AM

:) xthumbsupx

Uncle Buck
April 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Nice plates. I wish Hofstra had a following like the Griz faithful. Shoot, i wish Hofstra had any following at all.

AZGrizFan
April 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM
And when you went to the DMV to request personalized plates what did you write down as to what your plates said?

I'd love to be able to say those are actually my plates, but I cannot tell a lie. Col Hogan made that avatar for me.

It's Pooh: Ta Ta For KNow. :D

Ivytalk
April 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I admire the Griz vanity tags very much. IMHO, though, Ivy league vanity tags like "HVDRULZ" would be tacky because they'd be perceived as elitist. I've seen some DE tags for Penn that have the school seal and "UP #___" on them. That's a bit more civilized.xtwocentsx xpeacex

ncbears
April 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
vanity plates are lame, imo.

UDChE89
April 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I admire the Griz vanity tags very much. IMHO, though, Ivy league vanity tags like "HVDRULZ" would be tacky because they'd be perceived as elitist. I've seen some DE tags for Penn that have the school seal and "UP #___" on them. That's a bit more civilized.xtwocentsx xpeacex

All Delaware college tags have the school's logo and some abbreviation for the school before the tag number. However, in Delaware those aren't the prime tags.. you need to get the black porcelain tags which only cover the first 87000. These tags can be bought and sold. Tags 1-3 are reserved for state officials. Tag # 6 just went earlier this year for $675K at auction.

Ivytalk
April 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
All Delaware college tags have the school's logo and some abbreviation for the school before the tag number. However, in Delaware those aren't the prime tags.. you need to get the black porcelain tags which only cover the first 87000. These tags can be bought and sold. Tags 1-3 are reserved for state officials. Tag # 6 just went earlier this year for $675K at auction.

They're just status symbols, too. The worst automotive social climbers are the "fake black taggers" who try to pretend they're "Old Delaware" when they just arrived yesterday.xcoffeex

UDChE89
April 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
They're just status symbols, too. The worst automotive social climbers are the "fake black taggers" who try to pretend they're "Old Delaware" when they just arrived yesterday.xcoffeex

Heck, just look in the classified ads of the News Journal or the State News (or the Dover Post). There's always people selling them there..

trouthunter
April 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
A few years ago, Montana changed the law so any 501 C3 can create a license plate to support their organization, providing they could sell 2000 of them.

They cost $25 extra and there are like 70 different plates to choose from--ranging from the Quilters Guild to the Rodeo Association. Hell, even the City of Butte has its own license plate. Talk about vanity plates!!!

jessesd
April 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
South Dakota has the Organizational License plate, which basically has one clean side where you could add your own school or organization sticker ($20 extra bucks and $10 a year)....

http://www.state.sd.us/drr2/motorvehicle/index.htm

I ordered mines and on one of the plates I alternate the SDSU, USD, Hofstra Pride stickers and The Florida Gators on the other one, I keep the Gators on the front and the multiple stickers on the rear one.... it freaks the cops in New York when they see the plates stickers don't match!!

GrizzlyEdd
April 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Some may think that the so called "vanity" plates are tacky but all need to be reminded that a portion of the cost of those plates here in Montana go to the U of MT athletic program. This then is a way for a lot of folks to help out the U of MT in a small way where they cannot afford to make annual larger donations. I & my vehicles wear our GRIZ plates proudly as I am helping support all Griz athletics. That I am proud of.....xnodx