Oct. 4, BUCKNELL, 1 p.m.
Oct. 11, BRYANT, 6 p.m.
Oct. 25, IONA, 1 p.m.
Nov. 1, at Fordham, TBA
Nov. 8, at Georgetown, TBA
Nov. 15, at Davidson, TBA

nwFL Griz
April 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Marist schedule (http://goredfoxes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040208aaa.html)

danefan
April 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Actually a pretty good schedule. Do sub-DI's and four PL teams (two at home!).
Nice job for Marist as an Indy this season. Their schedule will probably get easier when they move into the PFL next year.xrolleyesx

Cue DetroitFlyer........

downbythebeach
April 2nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
4 PL
3 NEC
2 Indy
2 PFL

IMHO not bad at all.....maybe their best in a few years

boo
April 2nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Actual Do sub-DI's

Educate me. Has Bryant already moved up? Do they count as D1 yet?

Thanks.

danefan
April 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Educate me. Has Bryant already moved up? Do they count as D1 yet?

Thanks.

This is Bryant's transitional year. I don't think they yet count as a DI.

But Bryant plays an almost all NEC schedule, so with or without the official title, I still count them as a DI independent team.

andy7171
April 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Keep it up Marist! Nice schedule for having your conference crumble underneath you!

DetroitFlyer
April 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Nice job for Marist as an Indy this season. Their schedule will probably get easier when they move into the PFL next year.xrolleyesx

Cue DetroitFlyer........

Marist is a welcome addition to the PFL! Marist obviously has good ties with the PL and I expect them to play PL teams OOC for a long time to come.... With Dayton's series with Fordham and Drake's series with Lehigh, and Marist's ties with the PL, I hope that we see more games between these two conferences over the years! It is my hope that the PFL, the PL and the Ivy League play many more OOC games against one another going forward!

Franks Tanks
April 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=danefan;909172]Actually a pretty good schedule. Do sub-DI's and four PL teams (two at home!).

Cue DetroitFlyer .......QUOTE]

Did you guys know Dayton beat Fordham last year? xlolx

dgreco
April 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
This is Bryant's transitional year. I don't think they yet count as a DI.

But Bryant plays an almost all NEC schedule, so with or without the official title, I still count them as a DI independent team.

transition year, but like dane everyone is going to consider them DI. They are coming out liek a DI program. Football only 2 sub DI games. Basketball already has a DI schedule with teams like Maryland, Iowa, Kansas next year. Lacrosse already scheduled as well as baseball playing all the southern powers in South Carolina, Florida, Charlotte.. They may not count this year, but they are looking strong schedule wise.

TheValleyRaider
April 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
Aug. 29, at San Diego, TBA
Sept. 6, LAFAYETTE, 6 p.m.
Sept. 13, at St. Francis (Pa.), TBA
Sept. 19, WAGNER, 7 p.m.
Sept. 27, SACRED HEART, 1 p.m.
Oct. 4, BUCKNELL, 1 p.m.
Oct. 11, BRYANT, 6 p.m.
Oct. 25, IONA, 1 p.m.
Nov. 1, at Fordham, TBA
Nov. 8, at Georgetown, TBA
Nov. 15, at Davidson, TBA

Marist begins their last run at a Patriot League title before shipping out to the Pioneer League xsmiley_wix

Seawolf97
April 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Nice solid schedule-wish them luck !xthumbsupx

MplsBison
April 2nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Marist is a welcome addition to the PFL! Marist obviously has good ties with the PL and I expect them to play PL teams OOC for a long time to come.... With Dayton's series with Fordham and Drake's series with Lehigh, and Marist's ties with the PL, I hope that we see more games between these two conferences over the years! It is my hope that the PFL, the PL and the Ivy League play many more OOC games against one another going forward!

Maybe you guys can start up a new championship game for schools who abide by the philosophy that you will not award athletic merit aid because that would force you to let in student athletes that do not come from elite families?

boo
April 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Maybe you guys can start up a new championship game for schools who abide by the philosophy that you will not award athletic merit aid because that would force you to let in student athletes that do not come from elite families?

What?

TheValleyRaider
April 2nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
What?

Don't bother with Mpls there. Not worth your time or energy. Just let him go xpeacex

boo
April 3rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Don't bother with Mpls there. Not worth your time or energy. Just let him go xpeacex

No problem. I thought it was a test. If you went to an elite school with only elite families you could decipher the run-on sentence. Maybe it's a secret code only read by Mpls and his followers.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2008, 06:57 AM
There is a reason that some states have separate high school championships for private schools.

Now, if a private school wants to play by the rules that the public schools use, they can do so while maintaining an elite academic profile (Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, etc.).

But if the privates want to go off and play by themselves, they should have their own championship.

boo
April 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
But if the privates want to go off and play by themselves, they should have their own championship.

Why? Why can't they just play a schedule? We are talking about a schedule in this thread, right?

Or, are you cross-posting from another thread?

andy7171
April 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Why? Why can't they just play a schedule? We are talking about a schedule in this thread, right?

Or, are you cross-posting from another thread?

Let's give boo a baptism of fire!

Boo say you like natural grass! xlolx

boo
April 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM

Ooooh. Love natural grass. ;-)

danefan
April 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Let's give boo a baptism of fire!

Ooo ooo ooo
And say you wish Marist's field had a track around it too!xlolx

udchuck
April 3rd, 2008, 09:20 AM

Cue DetroitFlyer........

Yea, Tell us about it,UAlbany Fan.Tell us about the PFL Team your team played last year.Hint----Some kind of classic gamexwhistlex

udchuck
April 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM

One of the crummiest post I've ever have the misfortune to read.

danefan
April 3rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Yea, Tell us about it,UAlbany Fan.Tell us about the PFL Team your team played last year.Hint----Some kind of classic gamexwhistlex

Never said anything about Dayton. Whooped us fair and square.

And you did see the xrolleyesx didn't you?

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2008, 10:32 AM

Because the truth hurts?

udchuck
April 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Because the truth hurts?

Pathetic,!!!!!

401ks
April 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM

It's okay, chuck. I'm relatively new here and had to learn the hard way who's posts are worth reading and who's are not worth the (toilet)paper on which they're written. ;)

This forum does have an IGNORE feature. It works even better than a generic beta-blocker for keeping one's blood pressure down! xnodx

danefan
April 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
It's okay, chuck. I'm relatively new here and had to learn the hard way who's posts are worth reading and who's are not worth the (toilet)paper on which they're written. ;)

This forum does have an IGNORE feature. It works even better than a generic beta-blocker for keeping one's blood pressure down! xnodx

You'll learn to love NOT using the ignore feature on some folks, especially in the offseason. When its time to really talk football, then the ignore comes in handy, but now half the fun is reading ridiculous posts.xthumbsupx