PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Towson Photos

89Hen
October 1st, 2005, 11:42 PM
Hen and Tiger prepare to do battle.

89Hen
October 1st, 2005, 11:46 PM
Tigers were ready. Not usually a fan of black on black, but I do like their unis. Still a fan of the old 'T' helmet though.

89Hen
October 1st, 2005, 11:48 PM
First play from scrimmage was almost a completion and fumble, but the refs got it right... incomplete.

89Hen
October 1st, 2005, 11:51 PM
Punter Mike Weber went down in the first quarter so QB Sonny Riccio had to do the duties. This was his first punt, a nice one, but unfortunately his punts got shorter as the night went.

89Hen
October 1st, 2005, 11:57 PM
Was interesting that Delaware struggled to run the ball. TU played a lot of deep coverage and at times only had three linemen (yes this is 3rd and long, but believe me they did play pretty deep).

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 12:01 AM
I count 10 in the box as TU tries to stop the Hens on 4th and 1. Hens got the first on the way to a TD.

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 12:07 AM
The Hen secondary was so bad that even halfback option passes looked easy for the Tigers.

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 12:09 AM
At least the fireworks show was good.

TigerFan17
October 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hey lets not forget that the ball-thrower of that pass was Andrae Brown, who was recruited as and was for his first year, a quarterback. :D

Great pics 89! Glad you made it to the game!

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
I have to ask, what's with the shaking of the keys on third down? I assume it has something to do with going home or hit the road... but it's really silly IMHO. It's silent unless you're actually in the student section. Does anyone really think the opposition notices this action? :confused:

Hansel
October 2nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
I have to ask, what's with the shaking of the keys on third down? I assume it has something to do with going home or hit the road... but it's really silly IMHO. It's silent unless you're actually in the student section. Does anyone really think the opposition notices this action? :confused:
"key play"

many teams do it, don't care for it myself

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 08:37 PM
"key play"

It was really weak IMO. I'd rather the students just get plain old loud instead.

Hansel
October 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
It was really weak IMO. I'd rather the students just get plain old loud instead.
gets loud at some places "when the whole crowd does it. ex Iowa State", still I would rather have people yell

WUTNDITWAA
October 2nd, 2005, 08:41 PM
"key play"

It's about as dumb and original as that person who holds up a "D" and a piece of picket fence. And I can't for the life of me figure out why TV producers sniff out those clowns and show them every game. :bang: :bang: :bang:

89Hen
October 2nd, 2005, 08:43 PM
gets loud at some places "when the whole crowd does it.
It doesn't at a place that set a record crowd at 10,000 with about 3,500 visiting fans there. :p

bluehenbillk
October 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Towson hired the attendance guys from Temple if their stadium only holds 11,1K. The entire section to my right was empty, there was a nice crowd but there were more like 1,400-2,400 empty seats versus 400.

The TU student sections were packed but other than the one section on the lower halof of the home stands the students left at halftime.

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
Towson hired the attendance guys from Temple if their stadium only holds 11,1K. The entire section to my right was empty, there was a nice crowd but there were more like 1,400-2,400 empty seats versus 400. The TU student sections were packed but other than the one section on the lower halof of the home stands the students left at halftime.
I was thinking the same thing bk, but didn't want to say it. I have a couple of photos of both sides that shows thousands of empty seats. I was on the TU side for the first quarter since I bought my tix through TU (it was actually better for photos early anyway since the sun was at my back) and the UD side had two and a half completely empty sections. When I moved to the UD side and looked back at the home side, I was puzzled as to why they kept telling students to go to the UD side because the home side was full. It wasn't nearly full. :cool:

bluehenbillk
October 3rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
The student sections were full in the 1st half, 2nd half was a different story.

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
The student sections were full in the 1st half, 2nd half was a different story.
The student sections were right next to the band. They were sending the students into my section which was on the right as you face the home side. Because the students were coming into our section and we saw that the visiting side would not be full we decided to move over to the UD side during the second quarter. I wasn't kidding when I said the female student were foul mouthed. :cool:

89Hen
October 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
BTW, word of advice to Towson.... hand out garbage bags to cars as they enter your lots. I wish I would have taken a picture of the lot next to the stadium when I left. I have never seen such a mess in all my years. :eek:

LBPop
October 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
You are really good with that digital camera. I have a 17 year old daughter who will be getting married in about 30 years (if I let her). Do you do weddings? :D

TigerFan17
October 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
All these bitter UD fans still complaining about things because we beat them...so sad. ;) :p

89Hen
October 4th, 2005, 07:49 PM
All these bitter UD fans still complaining about things because we beat them...so sad. ;) :p
You cheated, have foul mouthed students and the sun was in our eyes. :p

89Hen
October 4th, 2005, 07:50 PM
You are really good with that digital camera. I have a 17 year old daughter who will be getting married in about 30 years (if I let her). Do you do weddings? :D
Absolutely! Give me a call in 2035.