#17 South Carolina St.
#19 Western Carolina
#23 Hofstra
#24 Portland St.
#25 Wofford
#27 Idaho St.
#28 Illinois St.
#34 Rhode Island

There will be a good many changes in the 20-25 range this week.

Here are the 4 teams who should have a reasonable shot to enter the poll this week:
UC--Davis (currently #26)
Georgia Southern (currently #31)
Coastal Carolina (currently #32)
Youngstown St. (currently #33)

I am thinking these teams should be out of the top 25: WCU, Hofstra, Portland St. and Wofford.
I am thinking these 4 should probably enter the top 25: Georgia Southern, Youngstown St., Coastal Carolina, and UC-Davis

I am trying to figure out my poll now.

colgate13
October 1st, 2005, 09:13 PM
I will go to the drawing board tomorrow morning. UD losing has got my head spinning a bit...

Killtoppers90
October 1st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Those are a bunch of losses today. I am a bit surprised to see some of those schools on the list.

grizband
October 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM
Even though they lost today, Weber State was one catch and 23,000 heart attacks away from pulling off a big upset of #4 Montana.

catbob
October 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
To quote my prediction from earlier in the week:

What to watch : Weber has a very good running game and it sets up the playaction passes quite well. If they can get any sucess running the ball it will open the field up.

Possible upset of the week: Weber over UM.

I did get the score wrong though. :P

Eaglegus2
October 1st, 2005, 10:08 PM
Lehigh's victory over Harvard is a significant influence on my voting tomorrow.

I really enjoyed watching Lehigh. They made me situp and notice.

grizband
October 1st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Catbob
You were about 6 inches from being correct in your prediction. If Weber's receiver, who was in the back on the endzone, hadn't dropped the ball with :08 left in the 4th quarter, we would have lost the game.

Cocky
October 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
Don't forget EKU they have a pretty good team. Their only loses are to App St., WKU, and NC State.

VictorG
October 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
If I was a voter in your poll, I'd drop the Griz out of the top 15. The Griz do NOT have a QB at this time. They simply do not have an adequate player at the QB position for their style of offense. Today was just another horrendous performance in the passing game and IMO it starts at the QB position. I've been on the fence so far this season but what I saw today pushed me over the edge...... A change to .........anyone....is needed!

catbob
October 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
All the Berquist supporters will finally get to see their boy, let's see how he does, maybe he will ignite the Griz passing O.

MU Alum
October 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Why isnt Coastal Carolina ranked in the top 25 in this poll. They went into JMU and beat the #1 team in the country and defending national champions and only have one loss I believe, 4-1 overall. They had another big win yesterday, and from what I heard people on this board said they need to schedule tougher competition and win to get respect, and they have done that, but still no respect, but Harvard is ranked at 14th after barely beating Holy Cross. Come on guys.

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Coastal Carolina got love from me this week...

Best of luck to them. Harvard got knocked down big on my board...

Hansel
October 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Why isnt Coastal Carolina ranked in the top 25 in this poll. They went into JMU and beat the #1 team in the country and defending national champions and only have one loss I believe, 4-1 overall. They had another big win yesterday, and from what I heard people on this board said they need to schedule tougher competition and win to get respect, and they have done that, but still no respect, but Harvard is ranked at 14th after barely beating Holy Cross. Come on guys.
I think Coastal will be in the 20-25 range this week

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Just to clarify, CCU had JMU at home in Conway

rokamortis
October 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words MU Alum - they are appreciated very much.

The short answer is that
1) we are new and do not have much history / tradition and it seems that many base their rankings on tradition.
2) a lot of people had a bit of a knee-jerk reaction when we beat JMU and they put us way too high in the polls and then after ASU destroyed us we dropped like a rock. I think many still have a bad taste in their mouth and are being very cautios.

I have faith that it will all work itself out as the season prgresses.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the kind words MU Alum - they are appreciated very much.

The short answer is that
1) we are new and do not have much history / tradition and it seems that many base their rankings on tradition.
2) a lot of people had a bit of a knee-jerk reaction when we beat JMU and they put us way too high in the polls and then after ASU destroyed us we dropped like a rock. I think many still have a bad taste in their mouth and are being very cautios.

I have faith that it will all work itself out as the season prgresses.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season!

I gave Coastal some respect this week. Over the course of 11 games everyone is going to have a stinker of a game. If you lucky like WKU or Lehigh it's against Indiana St or VMI, if you're not lucky like Coastal it's App State. Although i think App State is very good this year, Coastal ran into them at the most in-oppertune time. I think once conference play starts gettin into high dear in the next couple of weeks teams will really start to rise above the rest of their competition. If Coastal asserts themselves with force in the Big South i think they deserve a chance to be the playoffs.

rokamortis
October 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
I gave Coastal some respect this week. Over the course of 11 games everyone is going to have a stinker of a game. If you lucky like WKU or Lehigh it's against Indiana St or VMI, if you're not lucky like Coastal it's App State. Although i think App State is very good this year, Coastal ran into them at the most in-oppertune time. I think once conference play starts gettin into high dear in the next couple of weeks teams will really start to rise above the rest of their competition. If Coastal asserts themselves with force in the Big South i think they deserve a chance to be the playoffs.

I saw that - thanks!

Right now it is kind of weird as we have done what we needed to so far but we still have to win out. We 'should' be able to do that but I'm just concerned that someone might catch us off-gaurd since we are the team to beat for the rest of our schedule.

You are right about the stinker game. I was hoping our guys were going to be up for it, but it got real ugly real fast. At least Boone was a nice place ;)

putter
October 2nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
If I was a voter in your poll, I'd drop the Griz out of the top 15. The Griz do NOT have a QB at this time. They simply do not have an adequate player at the QB position for their style of offense. Today was just another horrendous performance in the passing game and IMO it starts at the QB position. I've been on the fence so far this season but what I saw today pushed me over the edge...... A change to .........anyone....is needed!

Victor,

I have had the Griz at #11 in the poll for the last few weeks for nothing other than the strength of the defense. Wow, what a turnaround for them this week. McBride sure threw them a curve as they threw 15 passes the game before and then almost put up 400 on the Griz. I hope Berquist can be a fast learner and not getting Cole reps earlier cold haunt the coaches!

Chi Panther
October 2nd, 2005, 10:53 PM
Till the Griz lose to someone besides the Oregon Ducks......you're ranking proboably isn't going to change much.