PDA

View Full Version : CCSU Sping Practice Opens Tomorrow

bleedblue83
March 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM
And I couldnt be more excited.. I attend CCSU and I have a few insider friends that tell me talent-wise, this could be one of CCSU's best teams, even better than the back-2-back conference champs.

Spring Practice Schedule: All practices at 7 a.m. on Arute Field and are open to the public. Mar. 28-31, Apr. 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23. Spring Game, Apr. 25 at 2 p.m.

I have also heard that OSU transfer Walter Dublin will be wearing #6 (he will be the first CCSU defensive lineman to field a single digit number ever.) I've also heard that he is huge with a crazy first step off the line. Excited to watch him abuse quite a few quarterback during his career here.

Palomar transfer Hunter Wanket will be wearing #11. I have also heard about his laser-like accuracy and decision making skills. Look for the Blue Devils to open it up a bit this year and score a few more touchdowns.

Between Delaware State and North Dakota State, I think we have a legit schedule and if we can pull off both of those wins along with a conference title, dreams of a playoff run are ringing in my head.

xsmiley_wix

danefan
March 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Welcome bleedblue83. Good to have another CCSU and NEC fan around.

Don't put the wagon before the horse just yet though....you'll have to get through Albany first....:D xthumbsupx

bleedblue83
March 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Albany should be a great game this year. But our defensive front will be much improved and our secondary should be a little more mature than in the past due to more experience against quality opponents. Watch out!

Uncle Buck
March 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Big things brewing in the NEC. Both programs are definitely moving in the right direction.

bleedblue83
March 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
From the looks of it we just might be working with quite the duo at the end position on defense... 2007 All-NEC Ernie Greywacz on one side, and 2008-2010 All-NEC Walter Dublin on the other. If we dont have one of the best passing defenses in the country, this year will be quite a dissapointment for me haha. I expect Ernie to have much more success now that defenses wont be keying on him all game, its going to be a mess trying to design offensive gameplans that can stop not one, but two potential game-changing defensive lineman on the outside. Double TE's anyone??

bleedblue83
March 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Are there any renderings of the Arute Field expansion out there?

downbythebeach
March 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
They are expanding Arute?

Ruler
March 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Very interesting. From what I am hearing, UA could have 2 Syracuse transfers coming as well. How good could they be if they are at Syracuse.(just joking Orangemen) One is rumored to be a LB and the other is also a DE. Stay tuned NEC fans.

This on top of a team that basically returns an entire Offense. I think we are going to be alright in the fall. Now lets just get through the first 5 games with a win or two.