PDA

View Full Version : Patsy (Recruiting) Ratings - Holy Cross

carney2
March 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
HOLY CROSS TOTAL = 66

QUALITY = 26: Overall, 10 (43%) were rated by Rivals and/or Scout. No recruits received any stars from Rivals, while 6 received 1 star from Scout and 2 received 2 stars. Last year, 2 (7%) of the recruits were rated. The key here is not the number of rated recruits – although it is impressive when compared to last year – but rather the distribution. Both QB recruits are rated with one receiving 2 stars from Scout, and two wideouts and one TE are also rated. On the other hand, the lunch pail guys are a little under-represented in the “rated recruits” category.

CLASS SIZE = 4: 23 recruits.

DISTRIBUTION = 9: At least one recruit in each of the 9 positions considered in this system.

SPEED = 12: Five recruits earned speed points based on the limited information available.

TRIGGER = 3: Two QB recruits; each was rated by both recruiting services, with one receiving 2 stars from Scout.

JUMBO = 3: 2 of the 3 OL recruits were 275 or greater, and 1 of the 3 DL recruits was 250 or greater.

NEEDS = 9:

Defensive Line = 2 (of 5): Only 3 recruits, with only one tipping the scales at 250+. Two of the recruits are rated, but neither comes close to 250 pounds. One of these rated recruits earned 2 stars from Scout, but as a TE. At 210, you have to question whether this guy will play in the DL in the Patriot League. That brings the viable DL candidates down to 2.
Quarterback = 4 (of 4): 2 recruits; both rated (by both services); one a 2-star recruit. The ‘saders will never replace Randolph, but they certainly recognized the need and did something about it.
Rated Prospects at Any Position (at least 5 or 6) = 3 (of 3): 10 prospects were rated. The distribution is both good and bad (see “Quality” comments above), but this is a big – and necessary – step up from last year.

Results to Date:

1. Lehigh 74
2. Fordham 71
3. Holy Cross 66
4. Colgate 64
5. Lafayette 58
6. Bucknell 53

carney2
March 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Note to breezy:

I will provide the information that you requested, but prefer to do it via email. Please provide your email address via a "private message." It will take a while however, as I am having some computer problems, with all "providers" looking like the "hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil" monkeys as they sit around pointing the finger at each other.

Fordham
May 15th, 2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.chillnite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/asleep.jpg

can someone please wake carney up and see when the Georgetown rankings will be out?

xthumbsupx

carney2
May 16th, 2008, 08:34 AM
can someone please wake carney up and see when the Georgetown rankings will be out?xthumbsupx

It isn't up to me. The good folks in Hoyaville have not yet gone public with their list. Apparently, they have a "policy" that they do not release their recruiting list until freshman deposits are received. That generally occurs in May. Methinx the wait is nearly over.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM
It isn't up to me. The good folks in Hoyaville have not yet gone public with their list. Apparently, they have a "policy" that they do not release their recruiting list until freshman deposits are received. That generally occurs in May. Methinx the wait is nearly over.

Boy carney *really* has been asleep, hasn't he?

http://guhoyas.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050808aab.html

Memo to carney: what month is this? Beware the ides of May... xlolx

carney2
May 16th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Boy carney *really* has been asleep, hasn't he?

http://guhoyas.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050808aab.html

Memo to carney: what month is this? Beware the ides of May... xlolx

Yoiks! Thanks for the wakeup call. In my defense (and I have no defense) the article is dated May 8th, so... Anyway, it never hit my radar. I'll get on it. Should have something today.

Does anyone know why Jose-Pablo Buerba has an asterisk next to his name?