ILS up to midfield...
2 minutes left...
20-17 YSU

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 07:45 PM
First down at the 48.
2:14 to go.
Birds driving.
Sounds like another big finish in the Gateway today.

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 07:47 PM
1st down at the YSU 35....

1:30 to go
ILS moving...2 TOs left

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 07:48 PM
second at 5 at the YSU 30

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 07:48 PM
Holding ILS moves them back 47 seconds left 2 and 15

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 07:49 PM
INT
YSU should have it.
Tough break, Matt.

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 07:50 PM
Drone picked for the 3rd time in the 4th quarter YSU will win

20-17

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
I only caught the 4th quarter and man was it exciting... sounded like a defense struggle with TOs making the difference

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
INT
YSU should have it.
Tough break, Matt.

Sounded like a great game with our inexperienced QB getting picked in the 4th quarter... Its too bad because now the Redbird ALumni wont go to games as they already think the season is a failure...They cant support a young team with a great defense, they just looik at the coach and say Im not going!!!

Killtoppers90
October 1st, 2005, 08:12 PM
Sorry for you birds, Matt. Looks like no one escapes the Gateway undeafted this season huh?

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM
ILS had it in FG range on the YSU 22 but had a holding penalty called on them, this moved the ball back and Drone forced a pass into coverage for the final pick... Frustrating...yes, encouraging...yes...something to build on yes, our defense was put into bad spots throughout the 4th quarter and kept the Guins out of the endzone so we had a shot... COngrats to the Guins... you obviously played a great game and have set yourself up well for a nice GFC run

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2005, 09:18 PM
Wow!!!

I just got back from the game!!!
BEST Game I have seen at the Ice Castle in 8 years!

It was fireworks night and there were tons of fireworks during the game; no pun intended. There was 17,000 people there and in the 4th quarter they had to be as loud as the Montana crowds. They were standing and constantly yelling at our offense and the refs.

YSU held ISU to a 3 and out to begin the game and rolled down the field for 7. ISU did the same and then got the ball back after some INT's and got 3 into half at 10-7.

YSU went out in the 2nd half and scored again.

Then a whole bunch of stuff happened, ISU Scored so its 17-14. Then YSU Gets the ball and drives and drives and fumbles deep in ISU territory. Luckily there was a INT and we hit a FG. The same happened again; another INT and its 20-17.

Then the final 2 minutes were awesome.. ISU drove on some long 3rd downs and got them and then deep in YSU territory the standing loud crowd got YSU a PIC with less than a minute left. After 10 minutes of hell with the game clock we won the game.

YSU and ISU are very evenly matched. Drones had too many Int's late and Zetts played to his potential for YSU....

Note: YSU got the ball TWICE inside the redzone to start a drive and they each ended in a FG... That is a concern but we won!

Awesome fireworks by the world famous BJ ALAN PHANTOM FIREWORKS!

Go Penguins!! The atmosphere there hasn't been seen since 2001 when these two played back then.

BACK TO TOP 25?

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 09:28 PM
About time you guys showed up.
:D

Killtoppers90
October 1st, 2005, 09:41 PM
BACK TO TOP 25?

Dude, you won ONE conference game. Let's not put the cart before the horse huh?

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'm just saying; for the most part the predictions favored ISU to YSU 8 to 2. And considering we got in after the NE and Liberty wins; less impressive; I just wonder why we won't after a huge win vs a great team.

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
A 3 point win over an unranked team at home usually doesn't skyrocket a team up the polls ;)

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
The Penguins are 4-1 and play Indiana State (0-5) next week. Why shouldn't they be optimistic?

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
The Penguins are 4-1 and play Indiana State (0-5) next week. Why shouldn't they be optimistic?
The 5 teams they've played have won a total of 6 games :rolleyes:

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM
The 5 teams they've played have won a total of 6 games :rolleyes:
Man, you know it's bad when a CCU fan is bashing your schedule :D

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Man, you know it's bad when a CCU fan is bashing your schedule :DWe're 4-1 and i'd say we've played one hell of a tough schedule. Our opposition is 13-4 mimus the games against us.

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2005, 10:05 PM
So what.. Wins are WINS!

And sure PIT is down this year.. But this team is good.

Stack them vs. anyone in the GFC and they can compete for 4 quarters.

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2005, 10:11 PM
I wouldnt bash YSU, they beat a good ILS team tonight!!! This is probably our best team in 5 years and we just fell short

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 10:11 PM
We're 4-1 and i'd say we've played one hell of a tough schedule. Our opposition is 13-4 mimus the games against us.
3 good teams, and 2 average/bad teams IMHO, and now Coastal is done playing anybody until the........playoffs????

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Like ISUMatt said they got their best team in 5 years; sure they have beaten us the last few appearances but that team could've won; just an interception to much. I think if they were at home they'd win.. The atmosphere at the game was something you see at Montana..

go guins and isu!

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 10:22 PM
3 good teams, and 2 average/bad teams IMHO, and now Coastal is done playing anybody until the........playoffs????
Your right. BTW, NDSUs 5 opponents only have 6 total wins as well.

Paladin1aa
October 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Just got back from the game. ILS was tough. Best team I've seem from them in some time. Lots of big time hits causing many turn-overs. ILS has 3 very good backs and an excellent D.

"Ralph" showed up & sat with my group in Penguin Club seats. I think he liked his trip to YSU. He shot a ton of photos. On a bummer, however, he lost his wallet. Hope you won't hold that against us, Ralph.

Anyway, great game between two even teams. YSU now 4-1 and starting to show marked improvement. If we end 7-1 going into the final 3 games, we are going to get some of the "Big Boys". :p :p :p

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
And the "big boys" look vulnerable. SIU needing OT for MSU. WKU beating lowly INS by 10.

Fair warning -- both ILS & YSU are pretty decent. The GFC is in for some surprises this year.

I-AA is in for a shocker with YSU for sure !! :p :p :nod: :nod:

Killtoppers90
October 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
The strength of IL St. and YSu will not surprise me at all. The Gate is tough top to bottom (as evident in our 10 point win at Teere Haute) so any of the middle teams CAN beat the top ones. It has been like this for years, but this season will be special - I can feel it!

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Surprising MSU missed 3 FGs and didn't get in with 3 attempts from the 1 vs. SIU. Should have beaten them.

Trees holding WKU to a 10 pt. win. WKU #2 ??

YSU in a wild one vs. ILS to go to 4-1.

UNI stomping WIU on the road.

Great season yet ahead. :nod: :nod: :nod:

igo4uni
October 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Surprising MSU missed 3 FGs and didn't get in with 3 attempts from the 1 vs. SIU. Should have beaten them.

Trees holding WKU to a 10 pt. win. WKU #2 ??

YSU in a wild one vs. ILS to go to 4-1.

UNI stomping WIU on the road.

Great season yet ahead. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Gottal love this conference!!

peace

igo4uni