PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga takes out Wofford

Eaglegus2
October 1st, 2005, 06:00 PM
A little redemption, but a game we shouldn't have given away.... :(

chattanoogamocs
October 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
it is a little redemption for more than one school :)

GSU Eagle
October 1st, 2005, 06:17 PM
I am one of the few who thought Chatty could beat Wofford. Credit to the Chatty coaching staff who had to be terribly disappointed after last week in Statesboro. Wofford obviously is not quite as good as some thought.

All of the SoCon bashers must admit that the SoCon is getting stronger this year. WCU is clearly better and Chatt is better also.

chattanoogamocs
October 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Trust me, I know how you feel...in the middle of the 3rd quarter of GSU last week, we had a bunch of people in the chat room and I stated that we would beat Wofford....I was in no uncertain terms deemed to be....nuts :)

Even though the GSU score was lopsided, the Mocs moved the ball well and made a lot of poor tackling mistakes against GSU. I didn't think we would win down there, but the score could have been a lot closer.

Plus, I knew that Wofford was more of a grind it out team, not the big run threat of GSU...the big run was what really burned the Mocs in Statesboro...they didn't let it happen at Finley.

Now they just don't need to get overconfident...they could still trip and lose in just about any game they play this season.

Still, when was the last time Chattanooga beat two ranked teams in a season? (I don't know either :))

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
depth in the SoCon..... who would've thunk it :)