View Full Version : Mizzou St/SIU in OT

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
MSU kicks a FG to tie as time expires

radio link here

http://siusalukis.collegesports.com/multimedia/silu-football05.html

PantherMan
October 1st, 2005, 04:39 PM
Just beat me to this post. What an incredible game! MSU has missed 3 FGs. What could have been for the Bears... Still have a chance though!

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 04:39 PM
Just beat me to this post. What an incredible game! MSU has missed 3 FGs. What could have been for the Bears... Still have a chance though!
you don't get 3000+ post by being slow ;)

TD SIU

Pantherpower
October 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM
What's the link to the game???

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 04:44 PM
What's the link to the game???
click on Listen by the Missouri St game on the radio link I gave in the first post

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Mizzou St with a 4th and G at the SIU 1, they need to score a TD to win

Hansel
October 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
MSU gets stuffed at the one, Salukis win 30-23 in OT

galojay
October 1st, 2005, 04:47 PM
SOUTHERN ILL WINS

What a heartbreaking loss for Missouri State. Three plays at the 1 yard line and couldn't get in. Credit SIU Defense.

PantherMan
October 1st, 2005, 04:51 PM
All of a sudden that game with MSU next week for the Panthers looks a little scarier. Hopefully MSU used up everything they had in this one, which I have a feeling might be the case. Good effort by the Bears!

Reed Rothchild
October 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM
All of a sudden that game with MSU next week for the Panthers looks a little scarier. Hopefully MSU used up everything they had in this one, which I have a feeling might be the case. Good effort by the Bears!

Last year, MSU went balls out early and beat a good Sam Houston team in Springfield. Then they went into the crapper the rest of the season. This year will be no different

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Hogwash!
Every year is different.
That is what makes it interesting.
I was at the game. That was some finish. The Saluki D stuffed MSU 3 times after they had a second and goal at the one. Amazing.
Good luck to the Bears the rest of the season. They could throw a serious monkey wrench into the whole conference race.

blackfordpu
October 1st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. Too bad I missed it.

wlj989s
October 1st, 2005, 08:17 PM
Last year, MSU went balls out early and beat a good Sam Houston team in Springfield. Then they went into the crapper the rest of the season. This year will be no different
Ha.
I laugh at that post.
Last year was last year. Last year we lost 27-3 against SIU, this year we take them to OT. That statement is like saying MSU will finish 6-5 this year because they are like they were last year.

We will beat UNI next week. I mark my word.

Killtoppers90
October 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM

That is one bold prediction there, but I am anxious to see how you fare. Good luck! Go Gateway! GO TOPPERS!!!

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM
The Bears are improved. Maybe it is the new name. When the SEMO Indians changed their name to the Redhawks, didn't their basketball suddenly win about seven in a row? Next thing you know, everyone will be changing their name. It could get very confusing.
:D

Reed Rothchild
October 1st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Ha.
I laugh at that post.
Last year was last year. Last year we lost 27-3 against SIU, this year we take them to OT. That statement is like saying MSU will finish 6-5 this year because they are like they were last year.

Laugh all you want. When you rely on JUCO and I-A transfers, haven't been above 6 wins since 1997, and you still have the same mediocre head coach for the last 6 years, I think it I made a pretty safe prediction.

Just in case. Lets do a little history lesson:

2004 - Started 4-2. Ended 6-5
2003- Started 3-1 Ended 4-7
2002- Started 3-1 Ended 4-7
2001- Started 2-1 Ended 6-5

So taking SIU to OT and LOSING is supposed to make me believe the Bears can beat UNI? Or that the Bears can win more than 6 games? Sorry. The only thing thats changed about MSU is the names of the new crop of JUCOs and I-A transfers they brought in.

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM
Taking the Dawgs to OT probably took a better effort than beating the winless Trees by 10.
:lmao:

siugrad99
October 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
MSU deserved to win today. SIU was outplayed, but was able to come up with the big plays when it counted. If SIU does not improve we will not be in the post season... sad but 110 true

Pantherpower
October 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Laugh all you want. When you rely on JUCO and I-A transfers, haven't been above 6 wins since 1997, and you still have the same mediocre head coach for the last 6 years, I think it I made a pretty safe prediction.

LMAO Reed!!!!!!!! Good stuff! Hopefully, UNI puts the Bears into full hibernation mode next weekend. :)

galojay
October 2nd, 2005, 12:02 PM
Basically what I learned yesterday, no such thing as an easy win in the Gateway.

Chi Panther
October 2nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Galojay,

U already knew that..... :D

galojay
October 2nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Galojay,

U already knew that..... :D

I suppose so, but this definitely reinforced it! WKU and SIU both got scares from teams that were not supposed to contend!

igo4uni
October 2nd, 2005, 01:45 PM

Sure you will. ;)

peace

igo4uni

skinny_uncle
October 2nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
Basically what I learned yesterday, no such thing as an easy win in the Gateway.
Not this year, anyway. Not most years.

Saluki_man
October 3rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
I suppose so, but this definitely reinforced it! WKU and SIU both got scares from teams that were not supposed to contend!

I will agree that WKU got a real scare, but I knew MSU had a decent team (picked them to finish fourth) and could give SIU some problems. The way we won the game last year was thanks to our O-line. Sence we lost four seniors on that line I knew this game would give us trouble.

wlj989s
October 9th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Ha.
I laugh at that post.

Called it.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Called it.
Saw that one coming.
:eek: